Reviews for Under the Influence
Extra.Graphite chapter 1 . 4/7
well, if Gotham is anything like New Jersey... "everything is legal in New Jersey". hamilton anyone? anyway, loved the story, though I feel as if that everything that gotham, and dick, have been through, underage drinking would be the least of their concerns
NuclearRogue chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
Such a cute story.

I wanted to add there are several states where it is legal to drink in the presence/with permission of parents or another legal adult relative or just on a private residence. I know New Jersey is one of them (which is where I think DC places Gotham). In fact, New Jersey has a lot of exceptions to the 21 to drink law.

Now, Gotham could easily have city ordinances that do not allow it though. But I do think this would definitely be a bigger blow socially, particularly to Bruce, than legally, since Dick is an adult. But it would most likely still cause some PR problems for them should someone find out, especially if you assume that Bruce may in the future want to continue adopting past this story's timeline (or currently has one of the other boys, but he simply isn't in the story).

Again, though, it is a good story. (And I apologize if this seemed too over analyzing, it really isn't meant to be criticizing you or the story as much as providing additional information.)
talk-ape chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Awwww
Black Friar chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Oh my god! How did I miss this?! So cute and so fun! I absolutely loved the idea of Dick and Alfred getting sloshed sampling wine together and then having a less than pleased Bruce walk in on them. Plus, Bruce's overprotectiveness when Dick is...actually, what age is he in this? You generally have him two years ahead in school so that might make him 16 in college? Either way, tremendous fun. Great job.
Mystic Sorrow chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
Perfectly adorable. I love it!
AJRedRobin chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
oh boy . . . . i've never had the experience . . . . that's not true at age 12 all children are confirmed in episcapol church and get a taste of wine during communion, but that's for religious reasons. oh if you wonder why everything is in lower case, i cracked a bone in my left hand and have to wear a brace while it heals.
YumeKoe chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
I just caught up with a bunch of your stories! Thanks for writing! I am loving what you're doing. I am especially loving to see some older Dick fics. This especially was really cute! One thing I would still love to see though would be for Dick to be less than perfect. We're missing your DaddyBats having the opportunity to go all parental and "OH MY GOD YOU DID WHAT? GROUNDED FOR LIFE!" on his teenager! hehe Thanks again for writing!
chris chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
nice bit of fluff.. While Dick's pouring, can we have some more?
Biery5 chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
Cute story
ARL15 chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
This was hilarious! Now I believe that Dick can accomplish anything with his pout, if he was able to convince Alfred of all people to let him drink underage. I would love to see a follow up to this story with Dick's first hangover. I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those times where Bruce has to carry Dick to bed. Great story!
BatWingteenavenger chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
Loved this..its HILARIOUS XD
cocopops1995 chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
Oh my gosh! ROTFL! Hahahaha excellent!l
Luthien-Targaryen chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
Heh. Suffice it to say, I am /highly/ amused. As usual, there are some very nice character beats here.

Keep up the good work! :)
Charrmed chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
Loved it! Dick's first drink and he gets to experience it with the two people he cares about most :) He does bring up good points. Better to drink your first alcohol with people you can trust.
Yellowjay chapter 1 . 4/8/2014