Reviews for those who will glorify dragons
vXdyY chapter 1 . 9/4/2018
Veri n1c3IVtst0riq7
supercode chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
Interesting. I like it.
Hawki chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
Those who would glorify dragons eh? Well, that would pretty much be…well, everyone. You can thank the fantasy genre for that. ;)

Anyway:

-Initial paragraphs…well, it’s in second person, a style that aside from choose your own adventure-type stories, I personally find only works well in small doses. Here, it’s further compounded by the presence of an info-dump. You (as in, character of “you”) is told to be various things straight off the bat.

-Second section…yeah, I get the writing technique of lack of spacing for the “you are burning” writing, but honestly, it just comes off as tedious. I think part of it has to do with how little investment I have in the character at this point in time.

-Overall…okay, the story isn’t bad. Even if the character remained an enigma (I’m going to assume it’s the cyborg, but more on that later), I could still comprehend what was happening, for the most part. But when you say this is an “extreme AU…” well, to be honest, I can’t even call it an AU. Yeah, the character is seemingly the cyborg, the sword is presumably a reference to Durandal (if only because “Durandal” was the sword of the paladin Roland in literature), and the “hallowed and devote” phrase caught my attention, but still, it reads like original fiction. Original fiction that’s still readable, but…yeah.

I admit, I can’t really say “this is bad” because of that, at least in part because I’ve written a fair no. of stories that only pay lip service to the media they’re (supposedly) set in. But…well, in all honesty, I’d label this as original fiction. Decent original fiction, but non-Marathony all the same.
Wilhelm Wigworthy chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
Interesting. Please keep writing! I really like this! :)