Reviews for We Could Have Had Peller
gandalf chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
According to Mostly Harmless, all the alternative Earths were destroyed. Anyway, why would Ford want to humiliate anyone? But never mind. Of course it's not serious.
ThePreciousHeart chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Re. gandalf (and also sticking this here in case anyone else who read this was confused):

I honestly don't know how the Earth and timelines and stuff would work for this story, which is fine because it's not really supposed to make sense. I wrote it for a friend who likes Max Headroom and H2G2 and was interested in a crossover, so I didn't really bother about any technical details. If you want to get technical, though, you could say this is another version of Earth (Earth being a plural means more than the two shown in the series, right? Might can't remember Mostly Harmless too well where it explained this, but in the radio series it seemed to imply there were countless alternate Earths) and probably another version of Ford, Zaphod, and Trillian (see also: Tricia McMillan the news anchor from one of the alternate Earths, proving that there are alternate counterparts for characters in the plural planets). Basically I dunno, it's an AU and it's not really meant to be taken seriously.

As for Ford's drinking habits, perhaps the desire to humiliate Edison was stronger than the desire to get drunk for once in his life. I just thought it would be funnier if Edison was the one who lost, seeing as we've never seen that side of him in the series.

Anyway, hope that clears up some things!
gandalf chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Ford played the drinking game to lose. And that's without going into what he and Zaphod are doing in the future, on Earth, which in THHGTTG was demolished in the present...
christinaspencer chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
HAHA! THAT WAS FUNNY. DRUNK EDISON IS A HOOT!
YEH YOU COULD HAVE HAD SIMON PELLER! OH WELL!
GOOD STORY!
Reldresal chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Hadn't the Earth been demolished by now?