Reviews for he who handles gold like sand
GingietheSnap chapter 1 . 2/9
A lot to think about in this story. As a Catholic who has gone through all my life, I can certainly understand the issue.

What I didn't like in the story, and the ONLY thing I didn't like, was the portrayal of Aramis as such a shrewd, ruthless, lying SOB. I think that was a bit harsh.

otherwise, I loved it. :-)
angel1983 chapter 1 . 9/23/2015
That was one of the most beautiful things I have read in a while... Ashamed to admit that I'm someone like D'artagnan was in this story... I complain loudly when I don't like the food my mom makes and I even waste it. This was like a slap in the face and I needed it
McHammy chapter 1 . 6/28/2015
Totally awesome!
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 3/11/2015
think i can understand porthos...
Guest chapter 1 . 1/23/2015
I love this. It's beautiful and I love both Aramis and Porthos in it. THis is the version of them I love best.
MostVerbose chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
The characters were very well written - I could picture them doing and saying exactly these things and that doesn't happen too often. This was almost philosophical in showing the views both of them have about something as simple as food (and me calling it "simple" probably says a lot). Thank you for this. What a great read.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Really love this. Great view of Porthos (and the rest but Porthos in particular). I like how Aramis and Athos have apparently been eating at this establishment with/for Porthos for quite some time without ever saying anything... just going with it, and going with Porthos, somehow understanding what Porthos values even though they don't fully "understand" what Porthos values. Love.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Great story. Would love to see them actually arguing during lent. I love how clearly their backgrounds color their perceptions just a little, for good or ill.
See Me As I Am 101 chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
Ouch.
Excellent story but still ouch
Poor Porthos
JenF chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
I really like this story - you've captured the friendship between Aramis and Porthos beautifully and they're so in character. This is very well written, thank you for sharing this.