Reviews for Dreams and Promises
Mary Rose chapter 1 . 1/30/2017
Glad that the women got a turn. Only fair. From the vantage point of now, that episode was kind of sexist but it's Gilligan's Island, so who cares?
TereseLucy384 chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
hahaha - that was cute. Needless to say, my favorite part was Gilligan tickling MaryAnn. In the end, all they want is for the men to notice them and appreciate them. Isn't that what we all want?
Clouddy chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
I absolutely love Lovey's dream. She knows how brilliant the Professor really is. I totally believe he could make a silk machine. lol Why not? He could do everything else (except come up with a seaworthy craft, apparently).
Teobi chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Women's Lib came to Gilligan's Island and proved yet again that the show was ahead of its time. The men failed miserably and missed the girls (the boys with the long hair, according to Gilligan) but the girls were fine without the men, even if the hammer was a little heavy for them. For all their macho posturing, men are usually rubbish at taking care of themselves.

Mrs. Howell dreams that all the men on the island grant her every wish. Sometimes Mrs. Howell felt ignored, having two younger women around, but in this dream she's the boss and all the men know it.

Mary Ann dreams that all the men help her out by chopping wood and making ovens. Gilligan is extra attentive, running round the jungle collecting fruit for her pies and receiving kisses and the promise of special pie all for himself. No wonder she sighed happily in her sleep!

Ginger dreams all the men are in love with her and treat her like a fragile beauty queen, fanning her and feeding her grapes. She even dreams Gilligan is jealous of the Professor because she likes him better. Meanwhile, the Skipper gets to make sure her diamonds sparkle in the sun :)

And when they wake up- boy, do they miss the physical attentions of the men!

I have a feeling the girls would have returned a lot quicker if the boys had done what they did in this story rather than make a ridiculous fake monster! A bit of TLC works wonders- make the girls feel genuinely loved and appreciated and they'll be more than happy to look after the guys. :)