Reviews for In Fire Forged
randomanon chapter 8 . 12/25/2017
I miss you. Come back.

You owe this lowly reader nothing. But know that I enjoyed your work and found joy and intrigue in this work.

I wish you and your life the best.
OneiroPhilosoph chapter 8 . 12/17/2017
I hope that you continue this fanfiction some day - I have greatly enjoyed reading it, and would love to see more. You are a talented writer.
infinite eternity chapter 7 . 11/24/2017
Dun dun dun! Things are getting tense! I like how you have the whole conflict with Sakura in Konoha and then a larger thing going on outside
infinite eternity chapter 4 . 11/23/2017
Izanami is still a bitch. Naruto is... kind of annoying me by not telling her not to be a bitch. But alas, it cannot be helped. And show them, Sakura! Kick that little twat's pale Uchiha ass!
infinite eternity chapter 3 . 11/23/2017
I like the idea. I just hate Izanami.
infinite eternity chapter 2 . 11/23/2017
IZANAMI FUCKING DIE
infinite eternity chapter 1 . 11/23/2017
Izanami is a bitch. Or whatever her name is. "Izzie" made me laugh. Naruto is also kinda a dick. Oh well.
Caliburn0 chapter 8 . 9/9/2017
Well, that great. A shame you seem to have abandoned it. I will follow you, just to make sure. After all, it doesn't cost me anything.

All in all, it's the beginning of a great story. The characters are much more realistic than almost any other fanfic I have read. Most of the time while reading Naruto fanfiction, I picture the scenes with the characters from the anime playing them out, but with this one, things slowly transitioned to real people acting in a much greater setting. It gives a much more grounded perspective of the world and its characters.

Great work.
Caliburn0 chapter 2 . 9/8/2017
Wow... That's probably the best genin test I have ever read. Sasuke *cough* Izanami and Naruto was perhaps a bit too powerful, but considering the graduation age is 15 in this world, that can be relatively easily explained.
Caliburn0 chapter 1 . 9/8/2017
This is great. Just started on it, and can already tell I'm really going to enjoy this one. A shame you stopped updating. Oh well. Thanks for writing what you did. :)
Guest chapter 8 . 8/3/2017
So, the obvious guess would be that the official government is responsible for the kidnapping, since they're the only known entity who's been named and the progressive reformer might have reason to fear accusing. Shame this is dead.
rachil chapter 8 . 7/7/2017
Quite enjoying myself, I hope to find it did in fact continue
sensoray chapter 8 . 6/15/2017
I must say, Im very happy I stumbled across this gem. I really enjoy your writing style and I can't wait till you pick it up again. I like the changes that you made to cannon and the characters stay in character perfectly. Love it
Guest chapter 8 . 6/14/2017
This was a pretty interesting read, I liked how you changed the sasuke-naruto relationship to make it so that it wouldn'tbe creepy for them to flirt etc.
Changing Sakura a lot was also a decision that I liked, I tend to enjoy fanfic with a different from normal Sakura in a big part because she is positioned in a situation to observe/interact with the main characters and story while not having, in the canon, such an incredibly interesting personality/character dynamics of her own.
Kakashi feels a lot more ambiguous than in the original, much more credible when he pulls shit at the beginning and that's also a big improvement.
The more "realistic" worldbulding was Ok in parts but not all that great in others.
What I didn't like about it:
-long essays at the end got boring. Rationalized magic is nice but there was a lot of description of things that a reader would have expected anyway, and few partuclarly innovative/interestimg thimgs. Shorter would have been better.
-the "contemporary" ambientation clashes a lot with what remains of the original setting. Yes, I get that this is intentional, but there is quite a distance between the middle ages and 1946, an intermediate period would have worked a lot better if you wanted to portray a more rational/scientific/mundane/cynic period.
-the introduction of Sakura's "modern" family, with a stay-home father, felt somewhat preachy
More realism in the Kage's interactions was nice though.
In general, the character interactions were good: fun, different, and realistic-feeling.
The fight scene with Kakashi was OK. Again more for the interactions that the action itself (that was decent though)
I understand that you will probably never continue this, but some feedback is always useful, no? I hope you keep writing, this was a fun read.
QuestionsForSome chapter 1 . 5/23/2017
Would it be fair to assume there's no plans for an update?