Reviews for In Fire Forged
Caliburn0 chapter 8 . 9/9
Well, that great. A shame you seem to have abandoned it. I will follow you, just to make sure. After all, it doesn't cost me anything.

All in all, it's the beginning of a great story. The characters are much more realistic than almost any other fanfic I have read. Most of the time while reading Naruto fanfiction, I picture the scenes with the characters from the anime playing them out, but with this one, things slowly transitioned to real people acting in a much greater setting. It gives a much more grounded perspective of the world and its characters.

Great work.
Caliburn0 chapter 2 . 9/8
Wow... That's probably the best genin test I have ever read. Sasuke *cough* Izanami and Naruto was perhaps a bit too powerful, but considering the graduation age is 15 in this world, that can be relatively easily explained.
Caliburn0 chapter 1 . 9/8
This is great. Just started on it, and can already tell I'm really going to enjoy this one. A shame you stopped updating. Oh well. Thanks for writing what you did. :)
So, the obvious guess would be that the official government is responsible for the kidnapping, since they're the only known entity who's been named and the progressive reformer might have reason to fear accusing. Shame this is dead.
rachil chapter 8 . 7/7
Quite enjoying myself, I hope to find it did in fact continue
sensoray chapter 8 . 6/15
I must say, Im very happy I stumbled across this gem. I really enjoy your writing style and I can't wait till you pick it up again. I like the changes that you made to cannon and the characters stay in character perfectly. Love it
This was a pretty interesting read, I liked how you changed the sasuke-naruto relationship to make it so that it wouldn'tbe creepy for them to flirt etc.
Changing Sakura a lot was also a decision that I liked, I tend to enjoy fanfic with a different from normal Sakura in a big part because she is positioned in a situation to observe/interact with the main characters and story while not having, in the canon, such an incredibly interesting personality/character dynamics of her own.
Kakashi feels a lot more ambiguous than in the original, much more credible when he pulls shit at the beginning and that's also a big improvement.
The more "realistic" worldbulding was Ok in parts but not all that great in others.
What I didn't like about it:
-long essays at the end got boring. Rationalized magic is nice but there was a lot of description of things that a reader would have expected anyway, and few partuclarly innovative/interestimg thimgs. Shorter would have been better.
-the "contemporary" ambientation clashes a lot with what remains of the original setting. Yes, I get that this is intentional, but there is quite a distance between the middle ages and 1946, an intermediate period would have worked a lot better if you wanted to portray a more rational/scientific/mundane/cynic period.
-the introduction of Sakura's "modern" family, with a stay-home father, felt somewhat preachy
More realism in the Kage's interactions was nice though.
In general, the character interactions were good: fun, different, and realistic-feeling.
The fight scene with Kakashi was OK. Again more for the interactions that the action itself (that was decent though)
I understand that you will probably never continue this, but some feedback is always useful, no? I hope you keep writing, this was a fun read.
QuestionsForSome chapter 1 . 5/23
Would it be fair to assume there's no plans for an update?
Huh, I wonder how Sakura plans on beating Izanami...and I just don't see it happening, assuming that Izanami is female!Sasuke. Sakura is talented in her own right, but she isn't a genius like Izanami/Sasuke or a powerhouse like Naruto. I feel like she'd have something of a chance if her strategy is really that great. But then again, she doesn't know Izanami/Sasuke's full skillset yet AND Izanami/Sasuke is arguably even better at strategy than her, so...
Yeah, just can't see her winning. It'd still be interesting to see their confrontation unfold though.
This is pretty interesting, although I wonder why Sakura is so different from canon. And what's her problem with Izanami? Is it just petty schoolgirl jealousy or something more? How did Naruto and Izanami become friends in the first place?
Well, I guess I'll find out. I have high hopes for this fanfic, but I'm a bit tentative due to some OOCness. Reserving my judgement until I finish this.
InsaneIsBestSane chapter 8 . 2/14
Love the chapter, just got into it, really enjoy it!
Reader chapter 1 . 12/27/2016
Well shoot Sakura, aren't you just screwed?
k123 chapter 8 . 12/24/2016
This is such an interesting world! I like that you've aged them all up a bit, and the bits at the beginning and ends of the chapter talking about how chakra works and the history of the world are fascinating.

Sakura is amazing, Izanami has hidden depths I'm sure, Naruto is Naruto, and Kakashi is somehow actually a capable teacher?

I really like your Sakura - you've written her as smart and hardworking, but not super overpowered or perfect. Also, her friendship with Ino gives me life.

Plus we're getting into the political situation which is sure to be fascinating!
Hello chapter 8 . 12/1/2016
The fact that you haven't updated recently is quite depressing, considering that this is a marvelous story. Hope to see some activity soon.
i30817 chapter 8 . 11/17/2016
Nice deconstruction bro. You've proven to be more ambitious about storytelling than 98% of Naruto fanfic writers with all of this semi-realistic worldbuilding and canon-rail teasing. I actually keep expecting Gatō to appear as slightly smarter 'Gotama' bigwig that doesn't commit suicide by ninja by being hilariously stupid just to make it obvious.