Reviews for Thomas's Song
jo18 chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
Wow. Hats as great and really sad. Well Done.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Oh, that's wonderful! I didn't expect a lot, since most Fanfiction poems/songs are pretty bad. But I was so pleased by this one. Great job!
Phantasm Skye chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Very nice, you did a good job of capturing Thomas' sadness and guilt and shame at not being there for him.
hujwernoo chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
GOOD Lord...this is beautiful. Simply beautiful. I love every bit of it. Thomas and Harry are my favorite two characters in the books, and their brotherly relationship is just so sweet I want to jump up and down and hug them whenever they're 'onscreen' together.

I cried so much when Harry looked in on Thomas...and if you haven't read it yet then I won't spoil it for you but I just cried and so there.

The third and fourth stanzas here are the strongest - they really hit home. And the last line of the second: 'And both of us found true love, but the wrong one got to keep it'. Oh, god. Just...god. He probably would feel that way, deep inside, even if he never said it. That one line stabbed me right in the heart, and then the next stanzas ram a whole set of kitchen cutlery after it.

'And all of us were busy, so you had to die alone'. My god, that is painful. What's worse, he doesn't know about Cassius' death curse, so he thinks that someone could have been with Harry when he died, when that isn't even possible...then again, maybe it would be better if he didn't know, because then he would know Harry spent years knowing he would die alone...I'm not sure which option is worse.

The parentheses in the fourth stanza were a stroke of genius. They add so much more weight to what's being said than if they were without them. This way it seems like Thomas is thinking things that he wouldn't put in the song, things he wouldn't want his brother to hear. I hope Maggie slept right through it as well. The last line, 'There was a wizard and a fool, and both of them were you', is so true, and so heartbreaking, because there is almost an invisible thought after that, saying 'even though they're different, they can still be one/ because both have a heart that can be undone', or something like that.

'Chicago needs a miracle, and none of us can be it;/ I guess you were the lucky one: you didn't live to see it'. A beautifully tragic ending. Let me just curl up in this corner and sob my heart out...
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Thomas is in a bad place after changes, and this does a decent job of showing it, tune's decent but doesn't flow between stanza's. lyrics are good though