Reviews for The Invited One
Guest chapter 1 . 9/2/2016
Well written and moving story delving into Kono's psyche. Glad that she and Danny ended up okay and that she was able to work out her feelings.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Lovely story. Very unique and well written. All the characters were spot on. I love the focus is on Kono and wish there were more Kono stories out there. Thanks and I hope you write more H50 stories.
MaeMacIntosh chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
Wow! That's all I can say. The words were so beautiful, the thoughts were emotional and complete, and the detail is so much greater than most stories I have read. The anecdote about the ukulele was very funny. I after I read that, I had the strange urge to name my uke as well! Keep writing, because that was amazing!
jmlane1966 chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
What a moving story! Your descriptions transported me along with Kono to all of these places. Excellent vocabulary.

This was a cross between A Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life relocated to Hawaii. You even incorporated the cold. Very clever.

I loved the party about 11 year old Chin Ho holding Kono and promising to take care of her. But my favorite scene was with Max. He is so complicated to write. Good vocal mannerisms are difficult and you mattered them. Loved how you had Kono see how Max sees. His sensory issues as well as his social issues, although overwhelming for him at times, are what make him unique. That "vision" Max is able to empathize with her sense of being left behindand betrayed touched me deeply. You took a socially awkward man and heeled him become her hero and friend.

Your take on Kono is much appreciated. I always think she is short changed. The initial character from the beginning of the series has been pared down. Very disappointing. Your Kono has moxy, feelings, and fight. I admire her greatly.

Thank you for the story. I hope you write some more about Kono.
UnpredictablyRandomOne chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Wow. This was just...wow. I'm seriously left speechless at how incredible this was. Great job!
jlopie chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
Excellent story for a first time H50 fanfic! Thank you! I really enjoyed it.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
WOW! This was just great! Very unique!
julieb716 chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
I really liked this... great, unique story!
Sammy chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
This is absolutely perfect! Kono definitely doesn't get enough of her own stories in this fandom, especially non-ship related ones, so thank you dearly for this piece; it's lovely. If this were a painting I know I'd want to frame it and put it on my wall! 3
earthling1970 chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Brilliant. The story flowed really well, and it was good to see Kono in such a vulnerable way when she comes across on screen as such a strong character. Very well written.
auntof3 chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Really unique twist! Thank you for sharing with us!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
... More H50 stories that is...
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Enjoyed your story very much. Hope you continue to write more.