Reviews for The Phoenix Saga
Jesape chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Gah! Did I say the middle or the end? I meant the begining or the end.
Jesape chapter 4 . 3/19/2006
Hmm.

I'm really enjoying your fic, but I'd just like to point out that author's notes should NEVER be posted in the middle of a chapter. They should be posted at the middle or the end, with a line of dots, asterisks or something to separate them from the actual story. It is very distracting and just unprofessional to have an author's note smack dab in the middle of the story.
Kanzen ne Tsuki chapter 8 . 2/19/2004
I continue to love this story, Sonya. This is the third time I have read it, and I keep finding little things in that I missed before... just like watching a movie over and over, you know? What I am wondering is this? Are you leaving it off at this point, or are you still continuing? and are you going to consider making a story for Enriche all for himself?
I Have had 'The Phoenix Saga' posted on my webpage ever since I read it the first time, and I sincerely hope that has brought more readers to it because I still consider it one of the very best RK fanfictions I have ever read. If you decided to write a fic about Enriche, I would like to know... I would like to post it on my Original Fictions page... I enjoy your writing style and respect your talent. Keep writing, please. You have so much more to give.
Kanzen ne Tsuki
evil lurker chapter 8 . 11/9/2003
your fic's shaping up to be something really cool, really worth reading. hope you continue this story to its conclusion, cuz you're actually a good writer, unlike some fanfic authors i could name. . . neways keep up the good work, cuz you have fans who want to see this fic completed! _\\/
Maeve Riannon chapter 8 . 10/28/2003
This story is very good. Kaorus misfortunes are very realistically written, and Yahiko is portrayed as a very sympathetic character. Enriques family story is angsty but well conducted, and Kenshin and Sanosuke are just great. You got Sanosukes past very right, if this reassures you. ;)

One little nitpick: "onii-san" means older brother. If Kenshin said it it should have been "otouto-san".
Kanzen ne Tsuki chapter 7 . 10/25/2003
do you read the reviews for this fic anymore? you have not updated it for 2 months. It is a fantasic story with amazing possibilities. I cannot believe that this is the end.

And yes, i absolutely loved Enriche and would be greatly interested in seeing him in his own story. Looking for his Father's respect and love would be a long uphill battle, but not an insurmountable one.

I would be interested in knowing if you write either one of these. Truly I would.

If you do read this update, perhaps you wuld do me the favor of reading mine. You have to look for it under the drama section, R rating, and all characters. It is called The White Warrior and The Angel of Destruction. The is the first story i have ever let ANYONE read in my whole life...and i am nervous as hell.
Avagrabo chapter 7 . 8/5/2003
Good fic man...you write the characters (both RK and your own made-up ones) very well, except Megumi, and you get as close as anyone else...why is she so hard ot understand? Anyway, my only other nits in need of picking are that once you transfer a word document into HTML it will add an extra space between paragraphs, you really dont need two...it means less scrolling for me! Also, knowing Kenshin, wouldn't Enrique end up being -san as opposed to -dono? Especially after seeing him fight, he would have more than enough respect (with his uber-polite ways!) to call him -san. Oh, and you might want to break up your chapters more, easier for readers, we get new chapters faster, and if you update more you spend more time on recently-updated list...which means more reveiws! Which I think you deserve btw...no matter how I whine it's a good fic. Keep writing and Ill keep on reading, ttyl!
Jason M. Lee chapter 7 . 8/4/2003
the son of a captain guard fighting for acceptance. old but true. excelleny done (even though i'm not too fond of European swordsmanship, i still like the way how they handle their swords their own way). any more trouble for our two wanderers/detectives?
Jason M. Lee chapter 6 . 7/1/2003
Enrique's name in Japanese would've been written this way: "Enrikkue Di'arutagonon" (note that it's in Western form, "given name, family name", rather than the Eastern "family name, given name"). for Sano, "Rikkue". (the "di" you wouldn't find in hiragana but katakana, a combo of "de" and a small "i". katakana is used for foreign words. i.e. "coffee" "kouhii")

Aleron's would be as "Areron" (difficulty between "l" and "r" when it comes to translating Western names; i.e. "Lina" vs. "Rina").

geesh... we have a bugger who doesn't accept the truth, even if it's right in his face? BA-KA!
Jason M. Lee chapter 5 . 7/1/2003
*laughs* typical Sano. good fight scene between Kenshin and French Fry (something i picked up from "Godzilla: The Series" a few years back; one of the main characters is a French Secret Service agent, female to boot).

good scene between Yahiko and Kaoru. and feet are also important in swordsmanship, not just hands. wrong footing or step in the wrong time or place, you lose a life.
Jason M. Lee chapter 4 . 3/5/2003
Meugmi calls Kenshin "Ken-san" (though in the DVDs, it's translated as "Sir Ken"). "Kenny" to you should've been "Ken-nii", used by Ayame and Suzume (Ken-nii big brother Ken).

*laughs* Sano's fear of trains! good one! ("How do they move these things?" -Sano, ep 61)
Misanagi chapter 3 . 11/18/2002
This chapter was very good, I loved it. I specially loved this passage “The scar that bound the souls of two dead lovers. The scar that bound Kenshin to them. The scar that made Kenshin who he was. The man that she loved.” I thought it was really beautiful, keep up the good work. _x
g3ozLizh chapter 1 . 11/16/2002
Seems pretty interesting... Have to first read it offline though. Be back in the future for the review!
Jason M. Lee chapter 3 . 11/15/2002
it's "tanuki", rather than "tanooki". "tanooki" sounds... weird, for lack of better word. i know, in English it sounds almost the same with "hoo" from "Yahoo!" but in Japanese, "u" sounds like "cool".

Sano usually calls Megumi "fox lady" or for us fanatics, "kitsune onna", which is the literal translation of what i said. though, sometimes, "megitsune" is used, meaning "vixen". suits Megumi well.

they confessed? *throws confetti* YA-HOOOO! 'bout time! XD YAY! happy happy happy author~!
Misanagi chapter 2 . 10/23/2002
This was nice. I like to know what'll hapen so please update soon!