Reviews for A Bumpy Ride On a Summer Day
magis1 chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
This is lovely! Well written, nice storyline and good insight into children, parents and horses. Love it.. Tanks for sharing, magis
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
This was a truly delightful story. Great to see you writing again. I loved Chestnut and the children and the friendship between the families.
EverleighBain chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
I thought this was absolutely delightful! I love the way you wrote Faramir and ├łowyn and their parenting... they approach it as a team, and you've done a wonderful job of portraying their marriage as a loving, respectful one.

I also like how you've made Faramir gentle and kind without making him seem like a pushover...he's not a wimp, and I appreciate that you haven't written him as one!

On to your horse stuff. It is SO RARE for writers (and not just writers of fanfiction!) to handle horse-related things in a believable fashion, and I spend a lot of time rolling my eyes at incorrect terminology and cheesy horse-behavior. But this whole piece was a breath of fresh air, in that regard-you're obviously someone who has spent a lot of time around horses and understands their nuances and what makes them tick, and I thought your characterization of them was delightful! Chestnut is much like any number of smart, stubborn, half-cranky but also sweet-tempered kids horses I've encountered...and I love the way you used him as an almost "coming of age" tool for your main character.

And the way he has the kid's number but straightens right out when ├łowyn comes around is hilarious and spot-on. They just know, don't they! And how he's wringing his tail when Ithilwen tries to swat him across the puddle...she can't say he didn't warn her :D

All-in-all, a lovely little short-story, with realistic characters and a clean, delightful style. I can't wait to read more from you, and thank you for sharing!

Blessings,