Reviews for Those Who Live Forever
hp chapter 1 . 5/4/2018
i love this so so much i dont even have words ! that last bit about immortality? wild . i love this . let me seranade you
alittleklarolineobsession chapter 1 . 1/26/2018
Oh my God I love this! Greed trying to make Lan Fan smile was so sweet I almost melted! But, it made my heart a little heavy towards the end. Just the right amount of bittersweet haha!
Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us, it was beautiful and I loved it! :) 3
MoonlitInuko chapter 1 . 9/8/2017
Oh my, I can't express how much I love this, at this point I've reread it more times than I can remember already. I understand Lan Fan needed that time to undergo rehab for her arm but I desperately wish that she had been there with the group waiting for the Promised Day, or that her re-entry and fight with Gluttony had happened even a day or two sooner so that she could have spent time with the motley crew they had gathered. I wanted to see how she'd interact with GreedLing, outside of the perils of battle. It really gets me that we only saw the smallest fraction of Lan Fan and Greed interacting but even then, Greed already showed concern for Lan Fan after she saved them, and Lan Fan ended up following his order to slice him from Ling and it just makes me think a lot about how if given sufficient time, they probably would have gotten along.

This fic is pretty much perfect. It's just what I'd want to see out of their interactions. Some of Lan Fan's trademark hostility and wariness clashing with Greed's curiosity over her, with Ling left to attempt to mediate things so they can peacefully coexist. I love that Greed and Ling manage to put together a strategy to get Lan Fan to come out of her shell, because it's a desire they both share, and that it works and Lan Fan does let her guard down and starts talking to Greed naturally, even starting to speak in a friendly manner. I love the stories she shares to help flesh out the life she and Ling had as children, and I love that through this short conversation Greed has already become attached to her, wanting her to live forever with them and barring that, wanting to make her smile and live life to its fullest.

The melancholy introspection between both Greed and Ling on what it means to be immortal while the people you care about aren't, was icing on the cake. Lan Fan's life is in their hands because of duty. Ling has known this his whole life and Greed is only just realizing this and they both want to make sure that life of hers isn't wasted and WOW MY HEART you really knew how to make it hurt with them realizing that they have to enjoy their time together while they can.

I could gush over every fraction of this fic but then I wouldn't shut up. My only complaint is I wish there were more, you set this forming relationship up so beautifully I almost want to cry. Thank you so much for writing this.
GhostAnn chapter 1 . 7/26/2016
I love this. Its simple but really well thought out.
My5tic-Lali chapter 1 . 5/30/2016
This was absolutely AMAZING in every single way! Love your characterization and Ling and Greed's interactions were all so perfect!
starscriptmage chapter 1 . 4/7/2016
Why is this making me love Greed more. Why. Why are you so skilled at making people want to laugh and cry at your writing?
Salome Maranya chapter 1 . 2/9/2015
Ugh, my chest feels so heavy. Why do you do this!?
Introspective!Greed, especially, stimulates the feels so much.
Heh, great job! These three are my favorites.
Izupie chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
Ohgod this story just killed me
I really loved the idea of the odd relationship between these three and you've captured it so perfectly
Ahhhhh so good.
Honestly though, your characters are so spot on. This was really really well done
n7shoujo chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
You're able to write words that flow without unnecessary extras and words that tug at your heartstrings. Well, to me anyway /tips hat. I think that's amazing yo. Admittedly, I don't read many fics that don't have OCs in it and I've just started reading some canon LingFan fics for selfish reasons like trying to gain a better insight into how others write the characters aka Ling and well, this fic was refreshing and wonderfully executed. I love the whole interaction between these three, it's... simple and short and sweet.

So thank you for writing and it was fun reading this!
choco cara chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
*sob sob* aww now I wished Greed did survive the final battle..
Darksknight chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
I just started to re-watch Brotherhood for... um, maybe the fourth time now. _ I had forgotten about how much I love these three, but as soon as I started watching again they hit me HARD. So this was amazing! Thank you so much for writing it- I hope to see more akin to it in the future!
I can not think of a pen name chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
So sweet! I love any interaction between them, and I love all of your writing!
Ulcaasi chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
I like Ling and Lan. They're cute. Can't say it wasn't a good story but it wasn't one very far up my alley. Mostly cause I never paid the two(three?) of them any serious attention.

...
it all in stride, but (-Greed-) wasn't the type to surround himself with grim

"(-He's-) usually a bit of a talker, ain't he?"
MoonlightRurouni chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Uiuuuuuuuughhh why do you do this to your readers
PalindromePen chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Ah, this is amazing! Do you ship LingFan?