Reviews for Hyouhyou Kodori
pinkperson chapter 5 . 1/23/2013
That was a great chapter. I love the flashbacks that believably show their relationship together even though they barely if ever even talked in the actual manga.

I'm just unsure as to where this is heading. I truly don't believe Yuki and Tohru are suited to each other and it seems like you just had Yuki "get over" the fact that he couldn't hold her like that? I thought you were saying that Yuki was only with Tohru because he wanted to be loved and not because he truly loved her. Anyway, I'll keep reading because I'm curious what will happen...I would have liked for Yuki to end up with Kagura if not Machi...

Also I guess Kyo is in the cage now? Lol. I can't remember if you said where he is.
pinkperson chapter 4 . 1/23/2013
This is absolutely beautiful so far. I love how you write their emotions and describe everything so vividly. I feel so bad for both Kagura and Yuki. I know what it's like to open up a can of worms like that and it's always horrible. But I sympathize with Kagura, because like she said, she just wants to be loved.

I'm just wondering where Kyo is during all this, lol.
pinkperson chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
This is interesting. I really like Kagura and she seems so overlooked in fanfiction...
Guest chapter 5 . 7/7/2012
please continue !
KnowledgeandImagination chapter 6 . 7/21/2011
that was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love your take upon Yuki and Tohru's relationship, and I love they way you protrayed Yuki and Kagura's bond. it really is a great, familial bond, and it's so good to see the two so close to each other.

and kagura's character... you've got it down so well! it's amazing! I can completely see her feeling this way. and I'm glad the ending is not a completely resolved, happy, sappy thing, but one that's not finished, but leaves hope and us to imagine the future.

Thank you for this beautiful story!
lucimonk chapter 6 . 10/2/2010
i tend to go for the dramatic, 30-chapter, emotion and betrayal piled up fanfic. and i tend to go for yukixkyo. but!

i really like this one. aw, the pain from this fic is just close to my heart. i love Yuki's reaction and development. i never like the canon's two official couples, and your regrouping them just makes my heart sing hehe. this is great. thank you.
SangoBFF chapter 6 . 8/11/2009
That was truly wonderful! Kagura is my favorite character ever! But I cannot lie, I cried at the end! Uwah, I hope I can write a story half as good as this!
AssassinedAngel chapter 6 . 5/15/2009
Beautiful story. The Yukiru-ness! Overload. -explodes-

Your writing is beautiful and the plot amazing. Everything was arranged ingeniously. I loved it C: Yuki and Tohru are adorable. And Kagura's development was gorgeous. I can't say enough. It was plain AMAZING. Super duper cute, especially with all that adorable blushing from Yuki and Tohru. I couldn't stop reading C:
Maxwell chapter 6 . 1/17/2008
Ah! I love this story! You should do a follow-up one-shot about Kyou and Kagura or something. I REALLY wish they'd have gotten together in the manga! Oh well... at least they did in your story!
Jones chapter 6 . 12/5/2007
This story was... I don't know what to say. I loved it. Better than canon. It actually made me cry. Thanks so much for writing this very excellent fanfiction.
kuramagal chapter 6 . 6/3/2007
I just wanted to express how much I loved this story. I thought it was an interesting take on Kagura's thoughts and feelings. I always thought of her as nuisance but now looking at her like this, it makes me understand and sympathize with her more. At first I was afraid that the pairing was going to be KaguraXYuki, so I was thankful when you left it as TohruXYuki (the best pairing in the whole story!).

Anyway, this fic was wonderful and I think I'll investigate more of your work.

faerierabbit chapter 6 . 8/24/2006

I don't suppose there is anything that I can say that hasn't already been said to properly praise you, but I'll give it a go.

First of all, I found it *extremely* interesting that you wrote a future in which they *hadn't* managed to break the curse. For lack of trying? Or resignation in the sacred bond's immutability? Or because it made for an excellent subplot as sexual tension? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

And secondly, the song lyrics you prefaced each fic with were wonderful. Who wrote the song, may I ask? They fit so perfectly I wondered whether you were first inspired by the song or found it afterwards. I also loved Yuki's poem, of course.

This fic really is utter brilliance (the best Furuba fic I've ever read) - a perfect characterization and update of the charcters in nine years - completely and utterly believable. I may be a Kyoru fan, but this fic was nearly enough to change me to Yuki/Tohru! (And you wrote the Kyo-Kagura epilogue bit masterfuly; I was worried about their relationship's believability because of his quite-firm canon love of Tohru.) Every bit of this seemed to fall perfectly orchestrated from the heavens of fan fic - from Yuki changing his name to Honda to Akito's reaction to the added layer of Kagura's heart to the teenage competition between Yuki and Kyo. And of course, Yuki's sexual insecurities! :)

There were so many magical moments in this fic I can't possibly remember them all, let alone list them, but I do have to say I especially loved most of all the image of the younger Jyuunishi having a sleepover, complete with Rin's truth or dare, Kyo's sulking, and best yet - Haru's wetting the bed! XD SO PERFECT!

The one quibble note I would add is a grammar nit-pick - there are times when the story switches from past to present tense confusedly within paragraphs. I recognize the difficulties in maintaining the proper tense during a fic where you repeatedly switch back and forth between Kagura's memories and her present-day musings, but a bit of grammar-polishing would make a beautiful, nearly-flawless story that much better. If you are interested (and stil reading your reviews), I can go back and search for a few examples, but as for now, I think this review is getting a bit long.

Anyway, I loved this story so much that I accidentally skipped lunch. But who needs lunch? My soul can feast forever on the beauty of your writing! ;)
Padmoon1977 chapter 6 . 6/14/2006
This. Was amazing.

I started off thinking, why am I even bothering to read this, it looks like it's supporting my least favorite ships (yukixtohru and kaguraxkyou) and it's from one of my least favorite character's point of view.

I instantly was enthralled in your writing technique and how you portrayed all the characters. Simply outstanding.

I was rooting for YukixKagura the whole time, but even when things didn't romantically work out between them, I still thought it had a beautiful ending.

Brilliant work.
Kikumaru-kun chapter 6 . 5/12/2006
Wow, this is so awesome. Well written, suspenseful, gripping... I love this!

Why haven't more people reviewed? And just a question, why exactly is it rated M?
Yume Koko chapter 6 . 12/30/2005
That was beautiful! It was very well writen... but isn't 'teen-ager' spelled 'teenager?'

I loved the poem! It was beautiful, too! I guess I hafta work a little harder, huh... :D
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »