Reviews for Of Oaths
maglors harp chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Elegantly crafted, as usual. Love it.
Oshun chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
Another great story. Love the narrative voice you have created. The description is amazing. Very much appreciate your notes at the end. I really feel as though you have crawled under Maedhros's skin and the ability to communicate this through the POV of another is wonderful. Really works for me.
RavenLady not logged in chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
I apologize for the previous inane review. Still, I don't have much to add, except that after about two years of knowing it, this painfully exquisite piece still brings me to tears.

This is such a beautiful view of Maedhros, and though the slash, obviously, has its necessary place, it sort of transcends the issue of slash or not slash. (What I'm trying to say is I really think everyone should read it, making an exception to whatever they think of that element, just once. It'd be worth it.) I've always loved this story, although I can't seem to do it justice.
Nol chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
This has been on my Favourites list for a while now - I could swear I reviewed it before this! I think it's a gorgeously written story, full of the power of memory and aching, and it finds the right not and hits it every time. Utterly plausible, and Maedhros is so beautifully in character it hurts. I love the handle you have on the redhead, and from this point of view, at the time you chose in which to set it, it's just perfect. Thank you!
RavenLady chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
This is a unique idea for a fic, and very well expressed too! Wow.
Watcherchild chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
How this story managed to slip by me, I have no idea!

It was nice to see that Maedhros still had the love of his people - he wasn't the hated, awful son of the hated, awful Feanor.

The herald swearing his own oath is very poignant. Good job!
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 10/28/2002
Beautiful and sad - the final line has been haunting me since I first read it. Maedhros definitely deserved a lament; your unnamed messenger has delivered a lovely one.
Finch chapter 1 . 10/24/2002
Beautifully written. It was good to see Maedhros being remembered and mourned by someone else than Maglor - and to be reminded of the fact that he had a heart.
The Evil Old Woman chapter 1 . 10/23/2002
Excellent! Truthful and beautifully written!
Maeve Riannon chapter 1 . 10/23/2002
Beautiful story. Yes, its quite probable that Maedhros wasnt hated by everyone, and your supposition does justice to Tolkiens perception about the character in the Silmarillion. Apart from creating a new character full of dramatic value and endearing to the reader.

You have to continue writing!