Reviews for A Witch's Guide To Dealing With The Dark Side (And Also Dark Lords)
M2R chapter 15 . 7h
update please?
YoruShizuRen chapter 15 . 12/20/2019
why is it so long until they go to hogwarts? and here I am, wishing to see the change in Tom from the canon...
CrystalAris chapter 15 . 12/13/2019
I absolutely love Apollymi, she’s just what Tom needs!
CrystalAris chapter 14 . 12/10/2019
I love how you incorporated this part, I even forgot about the racism. It’s amazing what people will do and maybe, Olly is like Tom, that’s why she’s manipulative.

And I like Tom is getting a better chance at life
lovenightshade03 chapter 10 . 11/20/2019
Adored Tom's POV! Since by being allowed to see his thoughts we could learn better who he is :) And that is a child, a bit twisted, but a child nonetheless, for which I'm very grateful :3 I'm glad that he truly cares for Olly, that the times he's harmed others it wasn't for self-pleasure, and that even if he doesn't feel much for other poeple he still understands how to deal with them is ways that benefit him and at the same time keep the others happy!
I'm really looking forward to Tom telling the full truth to his friend, I think Olly should know how involuntary it was of him to harm Amy and the rabbit, it will be good for both of them to come clean about those, since this way Olly won't judge him as harshly and he won't have to harbour fear about what she might think of him...
I do have to say that I'm sad that it had to come to the extreme with Billy, even if I didn't like him, the massive manipulation Olly was using on him was pretty harmful... But I get that she also does have a darker side so I knew everything couldn't keep being sunshine and rainbows :3
Can't wait to keep reading, your work is incredible!
Hannani chapter 15 . 10/1/2019
love it!
World Theory chapter 15 . 9/28/2019
“[…] gonna need to take high class till we are.”

It took me a while to unpack that phase. Worth it, though!

Yes, I like Apollymi as a character. I like her because she devious, and clever, and I like reading stories with characters who have a tendency to do smart things. I've reflected upon this before, when I realized that I really like stories where one of the main characters (preferably THE main character) is a munchkin. And by munchkin, I mean the type of person who seeks out flaws in a system, such as D&D, and exploits them for fun and profit, usually using novel and silly ideas and set-ups to accomplish their goals. It doesn't need to be that kind of game oriented munchkin, either. It really like reading rationalist fiction, where the story typically follows around an aspiring rationalist, who applies their various skills and rationality tools to wide ranging situations, from Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Historical Fiction, to Social, Scientific, Philosophical, Logistical, Industrial, and Militaristic problems, settings, and situations. I even generally just like reading about characters who possess Level One Intelligence. (That is, a character that thinks and reacts properly. Not a character that does what “the plot” demands, as if their a sock puppet cartoon character, not meant to have thoughts, but to be merely a semi-plausible imitation of life.)
World Theory chapter 9 . 9/28/2019
This will mentally scar Billy for the rest of his life. Ouch.
World Theory chapter 7 . 9/27/2019
You ask if Tom is in character…

This is not the right question. This Tom Riddle is in character for himself.

Perhaps you should ask if the difference between this Tom Riddle and the canon Tom Riddle, is credible, based on what changes were made to “history” in this story (The answer to that, by the way, is a bit complicated. It is a tentative “Yes”, with the caveat that we really don't know much about what Tom Riddle was like, this early in life. There are hints, but that's about it. We don't really even know that much about what he was like as an Adult, as he was primarily shown in a specific type of interaction with people. If the first time you meet someone, they act irritable and angry, you might judge them to be someone who is easily displeased, and quick to anger. But it may simply be, that that person is suffering from a migraine, and they just had to deal with Rush Hour traffic on a public bus with a crying infant. And it is entirely possible for events to conspire to have to meet with someone at every day, right after they get done dealing with something that severely taxes their patience, so that EVERY TIME you see them, they are irritable. So I want to know if Tom has, at any point in life, had a relaxing hobby that he enjoyed, that put him in a good mood. And what he acts like then.)
World Theory chapter 6 . 9/27/2019
This is hilarious! I love it to bits. Oo, that list bit was great!
Mickeysofine chapter 15 . 9/25/2019
Ah, I see.

I got your message.

It explains a lot.

You know being multiple minorities at once isn't a power up or anything?

I hope you can learn to live with yourself without making everything an attack.

FYI, I'm aboriginal.
But I suppose that doesn't mean much when you're a black, queer woman.

After your reply, I'm now wondering why the MC didn't have a freak-out sooner.
It seems all that was needed to set her off would be someone asking her to chill out.
It took less than that to make you freak out.
Yukatana chapter 15 . 9/25/2019
Hi!
I think that your version of Tom isn‘t 100% in character even if I count the changes. On the other hand I like think that it is 100% Your InterpretationOf his original character.
I very much prefer your interpretation of the general confidence because I think he is often times glorified.
On The matter of your first question I absolutely adore your OC.I think she is quite brilliant and love her character development.

I discovered your story awhile ago but couldn’t read itSo I rushed through everything today and really really enjoyed it(It probably don’t matter to you but I do use the audiobook function on the app while moving in my new apartment and it made the whole day and work way more enjoyable than it could’ve been)
It is sometime that I read or in my case had a good SI I fanfictionWhich stayed good often times the first two chapters are enjoyable and after that it went downhill with your story it’s quite the opposite the first parts of it where sometimes a little tenuous but where definitely necessary for the whole story and world building. And the later chapters I enjoyed really much because I love the interaction and the relationship development not just between your two main characters but the little interactions to the side characters which are of course not really important but make the whole world and the whole story way more believable.

On a more personal note to the content of your story I like that your OC is not overpowered but I think she should have a little more understanding of the magic or at least theories how it worked or how it has a prime example of exceptional Growth in Tom and her own memories or experiences from her childhood she should have at least feel a little different because they are of course they are then tens of thousands of theories how the magic worked and how the magic or is developed and everything but the general census is that there is something different and I quite agree with it so maybe adjust it is just the north part of myself but I think everybody who is dumped into a magical universe would like to know everything about the magic in it especially someone who rent obviously or so every book of Harry Potter like your OC and not just knows about it but has no interest in it previously.

To the racist part of your story I think you’re completely right with your note a few chapters back or maybe it was last chapter that you have Tolerance for racist read your story I personally just know the expectationsFor blonde white womenAnd have never ever seen a racist action in real life of course one sees it in the news where in the paper or even in fiction and fictional works so I can’t really comprehend what it means to be the receiving party. I just wanted to tell you that I have the utmost respect for everybody who has two in Dorridge and enjoys it with grace and for you who rings it with personal experience and writes about it and not just about at the problem as an intangible problem and it’s solutions be there practical or hypothetical. If that makes sense to you.

May the force be with you
Epsilon

PS I would love to read Artemis fowl SI.

PS2 I have the same question as Tom at the end of the chapter.

PS3: give Miss Ku Klux Klan hell!
mickeysofine chapter 15 . 9/25/2019
This is pretty good, but it's sort of an unrealistic reaction to racism at this point.
She's meant to be 19.

Surely, she has some experience with that in her previous life?
I feel like it was an overreaction and not entirely believable.
SilverDragon1218 chapter 15 . 9/21/2019
Wow I'm so glad I found this! It's amazing!
ColorfulBreese chapter 15 . 9/16/2019
Hahah, love this, I never expecter the miniLord to take ballet lessons but it makes perfect sence! He'll need the grace that comes with it in order to stand out while dueling, even though his magical abilities are already beyond expectations. Can't wait to see the plan to take Cecilia out.