Reviews for Nightblade II - Wings of Vengeance
DeathTheDude chapter 6 . 1/19
Ok it's weird but I just noticed I had Nick have the same name as me XD. Took me about 5 chpaters to notice (including the end of the first book)
redburningdragon chapter 8 . 1/10
In the light novel Kirito slashed his way up with duel wielding no the charge spell like in the anime I find the cutting his way up more awesome but hey anime bull (the more you know or already know way ever)
redburningdragon chapter 1 . 1/8
Kinda forgot they never mention Argo's IRL name in the games or novels as far as I read them anyway
den daliy news chapter 4 . 12/1/2015
he we would love to have on the show some time to talk about night blade give us a call
mountedcombat chapter 10 . 9/26/2015
Same review as the one I left for the first Nightblade, except this one scored third. If you haven't read that story, I feel very sorry for you.
zachary2 chapter 10 . 8/19/2015
Absolutely awesome job.
Ahardie chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
Whilst this particular story is done, and I haven't finished reading it yet, I do hope the main character plays a more involved role in instalments beyond the first fic. I must say that it has been a pleasure thus far watching your writing skills increase and smooth, and also quite amusing to watch your character barter whilst still in a hospital.
notsofrilly chapter 5 . 7/28/2015
I love when I see a reference to other stories. Did you read enders game before or after the movie came out? I think most people got the avatar reference.
Vates159 chapter 10 . 6/17/2015
I have to say, going into this series I was a bit skeptical about there being an OC in a lead role. But after reading the first story for a bit I realized just how wrong I was. I was truly engrossed with your story and writing; reading all of it in about two days. I don't think I've ever been more attached to a character like I was with Nick. The way you made him so real, with so many layers and mysteries, the good and the bad, all without sacrificing the level of detail to the other characters and events. It's hard to think of SAO/ALF without him now. I applaud you for such a magnificent series so far and I can not wait to read more. This will definitely be a story I come back to read for years to come.
HotaruSama00 chapter 10 . 5/22/2015
That was a great story. While I hope you go into GGO at some point, if you decide to end the story here, it still works great. It's a satisfying ending. Especially since Nick finally got his head out of his ass and realized that Argo may know what she's talking about when she says she loves him. It made for an excellent romantic subplot, which complemented the main plot line perfectly.
pokemon122000 chapter 6 . 4/6/2015
He's probably better at being an asshole than he is at programming.
ForgottenPrince chapter 10 . 3/28/2015
This was a great series and I wanted to thank you for it. I really enjoyed reading both of them in two days. Just that good.

Regards Prince
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 4 . 3/10/2015
(continued from previous ch. 3 review, since it somehow submitted without my actually pressing submit... oops.)

...or if he'll go all homicidal on "oberon"'s arse... I mean, that scene at the end, I remember it was kinda harsh on Asuna and Kirito since Sugou was kinda digitally torturing them. Sooo I'm thinkin' rhythin's probably going to do something drastic, if he's witness to that.
I'm kinda hoping he'll get a grip, but, well... from his character type so far (and the fact that there's probably going to be another sequel of some sort since there's SAO season 2 to consider?) it's highly likely he'll go a bit dark side and even more angsty... *sigh*
:P
well, good luck to this arse hole. ha. (joking) ...Hope he someday "finds happiness" and all...! xD
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 3 . 3/10/2015
I must say, although I am rather hooked by this to some degree somehow, I agree with Urter's review on chapter 10.

"I follow by the belief that if you have to explain something about the story in the Author's Notes (Example: Chapter 7), then you clearly did not make it clear enough. Everything about writing revolves around being able to explain something using a setting, characters, and plot to guide the reader into a conclusion. If you have to create an Author's Note in order to explain that "this is what's supposed to happen" and "this is what he was thinking about", then you are under the assumption that the reader did not understand the point you were trying to convey, causing you to go out of your way to explain it to said reader.

"If you were writing an actual book, then you essentially cannot use an Author's Note until the end of the story, a prime example being Reki Kawahara. Treat this almost like it's an actual book, using Author's Notes to make crude jokes at your characters' expenses, making statements about things that everyone knows about, or generally being an a-hanging out with your readers and reviewers. No need to explain anything in the book unless you suck at writing.

"Still, I liked it. Quietly waiting for GGO arc."

(This applies to the first installment as well.)
It was just one problem I had with this series, besides the "asexualsociopath" thing (see reviews for previous story since this remark is out of context). The authors notes (with explanations of the thought process of the characters) just seem to me like information that you could have instead worked into the actual story more.
But, yeah, somehow I'm still hooked into this story... I guess I'm just wondering whether Rhythin will develop further towards the plus side and become more stable or happy, with Argo and whatnot, or if he'll take a negative turn and go homicidal on
bigmatt365 chapter 10 . 11/22/2014
I guess to a lot of people reading this was probably a waste of a whole day; but I could not physically set this down to save my life! I meant to review before but I couldn't wait to get to that next chapter, and I just wanted to say I really appreciated this series and story you have developed. Everything is written with a masterful sense of detail and the way you develop aspects of the story elevates it into a piece of art in every sense of the word. I just wanted to thank you and tell you to never stop writing because this is something you are insanely (in a Rythin kind of way) good at. That was a huge ramble but I am now a huge fan of your works so keep going!