Reviews for Nightblade II - Wings of Vengeance
notsofrilly chapter 5 . 7/28
I love when I see a reference to other stories. Did you read enders game before or after the movie came out? I think most people got the avatar reference.
Vates159 chapter 10 . 6/17
I have to say, going into this series I was a bit skeptical about there being an OC in a lead role. But after reading the first story for a bit I realized just how wrong I was. I was truly engrossed with your story and writing; reading all of it in about two days. I don't think I've ever been more attached to a character like I was with Nick. The way you made him so real, with so many layers and mysteries, the good and the bad, all without sacrificing the level of detail to the other characters and events. It's hard to think of SAO/ALF without him now. I applaud you for such a magnificent series so far and I can not wait to read more. This will definitely be a story I come back to read for years to come.
HotaruSama00 chapter 10 . 5/22
That was a great story. While I hope you go into GGO at some point, if you decide to end the story here, it still works great. It's a satisfying ending. Especially since Nick finally got his head out of his ass and realized that Argo may know what she's talking about when she says she loves him. It made for an excellent romantic subplot, which complemented the main plot line perfectly.
pokemon122000 chapter 6 . 4/6
He's probably better at being an asshole than he is at programming.
ForgottenPrince chapter 10 . 3/28
This was a great series and I wanted to thank you for it. I really enjoyed reading both of them in two days. Just that good.

Regards Prince
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 4 . 3/10
(continued from previous ch. 3 review, since it somehow submitted without my actually pressing submit... oops.)

...or if he'll go all homicidal on "oberon"'s arse... I mean, that scene at the end, I remember it was kinda harsh on Asuna and Kirito since Sugou was kinda digitally torturing them. Sooo I'm thinkin' rhythin's probably going to do something drastic, if he's witness to that.
I'm kinda hoping he'll get a grip, but, well... from his character type so far (and the fact that there's probably going to be another sequel of some sort since there's SAO season 2 to consider?) it's highly likely he'll go a bit dark side and even more angsty... *sigh*
:P
well, good luck to this arse hole. ha. (joking) ...Hope he someday "finds happiness" and all...! xD
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 3 . 3/10
I must say, although I am rather hooked by this to some degree somehow, I agree with Urter's review on chapter 10.

"I follow by the belief that if you have to explain something about the story in the Author's Notes (Example: Chapter 7), then you clearly did not make it clear enough. Everything about writing revolves around being able to explain something using a setting, characters, and plot to guide the reader into a conclusion. If you have to create an Author's Note in order to explain that "this is what's supposed to happen" and "this is what he was thinking about", then you are under the assumption that the reader did not understand the point you were trying to convey, causing you to go out of your way to explain it to said reader.

"If you were writing an actual book, then you essentially cannot use an Author's Note until the end of the story, a prime example being Reki Kawahara. Treat this almost like it's an actual book, using Author's Notes to make crude jokes at your characters' expenses, making statements about things that everyone knows about, or generally being an a-hanging out with your readers and reviewers. No need to explain anything in the book unless you suck at writing.

"Still, I liked it. Quietly waiting for GGO arc."

(This applies to the first installment as well.)
It was just one problem I had with this series, besides the "asexualsociopath" thing (see reviews for previous story since this remark is out of context). The authors notes (with explanations of the thought process of the characters) just seem to me like information that you could have instead worked into the actual story more.
But, yeah, somehow I'm still hooked into this story... I guess I'm just wondering whether Rhythin will develop further towards the plus side and become more stable or happy, with Argo and whatnot, or if he'll take a negative turn and go homicidal on
bigmatt365 chapter 10 . 11/22/2014
I guess to a lot of people reading this was probably a waste of a whole day; but I could not physically set this down to save my life! I meant to review before but I couldn't wait to get to that next chapter, and I just wanted to say I really appreciated this series and story you have developed. Everything is written with a masterful sense of detail and the way you develop aspects of the story elevates it into a piece of art in every sense of the word. I just wanted to thank you and tell you to never stop writing because this is something you are insanely (in a Rythin kind of way) good at. That was a huge ramble but I am now a huge fan of your works so keep going!
ThatGalladeAcrossTheStreet chapter 10 . 11/15/2014
Soooooo... I know you said not to bug you and to give it time with GGO. Here's the problem. I. Am. Addicted. And I NEED MY FUCKING FIX!

Not 100% whether to say I fucking hate you for doing this to me or god I love you for making this. I'm honestly thinking a bit of both. So... god I hate you? Fuck I love you? Decisions decisions...

Wish I had a mind that could run multiple complex calculations at once like Rythin/Nick, (Nicthin? Rythick?) this is wayyy to much work for me right now, especially when I haven't slept in over twenty-six hours. Oh well, shit happens.

To summarize what the hell I just said: Fuck you all, I love this story, hurry the hell up, and I really need a nap.
ThatGalladeAcrossTheStreet chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
Ahhh, this is gonna be AMAZING! I can tell already... I seriously hope you start work on GGO soon. I'd love to see how Rythin interacts with her. Heh, it's funny. Just like how I've found it hard to refer to Kazuto as Kazuto rather than Kirito, I'm probably gonna call Nick Rythin for the rest of my life. Just can't help it, that's how I know him. Sarcastic, deadpan, sociopathic, unemotional, asswipe.
SubtleKitsune chapter 10 . 10/31/2014
Sir, I must admit I am impressed. You managed to not only write an OC into the canon storyline (without going seriously off the rails) well enough that I actually liked it, but you did so with a self-insert. The number of decent SI's is so astronomically low that I generally ignore them on principle - I have to admit that if you'd said it was an SI in the summary, I probably wouldn't have read it. But you made it work.

Congrats on an amazing story, and I hope you keep writing.
Twisted Ambitions chapter 10 . 10/14/2014
All in all, i enjoyed this story. I might have to go check out sidequests.
Twisted Ambitions chapter 8 . 10/12/2014
In my personal opinion, the strength of your story is in the characterization, and character development of Rythin. Don't get me wrong, i strongly dislike the guy as a person, finding him an irredeemable asshole nearly all the time, but the gives him depth that has me hooked. I read on to see what he'll do next and see how much more i can be disgusted by his perspective. It's strange and paradoxical, but the main character who i hate is at the same time the reason i'm hooked. The other characters feel flat to me, but that's probably because i felt they had no real depth in the anime, and you play them pretty straight. I get past that because i love to hate Rythin. Another of the big selling of points of your work is the original content that comes about because of him, the rest of the fanfiction tends to read like a rehash or novelization of canon with how closely you adhere to it. You have a strong writing style that i enjoy and a keen sense of detail, both in fight scenes and character interactions, that makes reading this tale and slogging through the same exact events from the anime worth it to get to new content. So, all in all, it's mildy annoying instead of outright painful and i applaud you for that. Even now i'm writing this review after having read upto this point in one sitting. This story is strangely addictive for all that i don't like about it and how i hate the source material. Good job. Also, i really thought it was a pointlessly needless plot point in the series that Sugu fell for her brother-cousin while trying to get over him. That actually pissed me off in the series itself, so it was kind of satisfying to see Rythin ream Sugu out. It was totally cruel, but it gave me an odd feeling off catharsis. I don't usually make it a point to review stories that are finished, but i thought it was amazing enough that you managed to engross me with a character i love to hate and his shenanigans, the depth of your writing style, and the interesting original stuff he gets up to, while i'm pretty much ambivalent to the rest of the whole story. Cheers. I'll be looking forward to Nightblade III even though i'll probably find myself ambivalent once again for the most part.
firedog1235 chapter 10 . 9/26/2014
This last chapter was great :). I was just wondering do you know if you are going to write a GGO fan fiction for Nightblade and if so then do you can tell us when?
scranity chapter 2 . 9/14/2014
HA! I GOT THE ENDER'S GAME JOKE! I AM BEST BOOK READER!