Reviews for Lone Rider
Dark Knight Librarian chapter 1 . 5/5/2003
Hi,

I wanted to complement you on this song and your last one, "Twighlight's Child". They are beautiful, Honestly so. If you have put them to music, I would love to here them, and perhaps you should consider trying to get them published. D's name isn't in them, and I know I'd by the CD. Please e-mail me!
Gelatinus Snake chapter 1 . 10/24/2002
Look, if you have to do THAT to a poem to make it rhyme, just don't bother rhyming. I mean it.

It's nice that you tried, and at least the rhyme scheme isn't the basic AABB or ABAB. But the trick to writing good rhymed poetry is making it sound as though the rhyming was casual, almost accidental. It should sound effortless, even if it took you two hours to get a stanza right. This poem is nothing like that.

I also catch a whiff of trying-too-hard with the imagery here. The whole poem is loaded with shadows, fangs, darkness, blood, fighting, etc. Yes, there's lots of the aforementioned items in VHD. But we knew that already. We've seen it. Some of the best poetry is as good as it is because it shows us things we thought we knew in a new and strange way, or had overlooked entirely. Again, this poem does not do that.

Try again, I'd say. And I'd avise that you either aim for a thoughtful poem with depth or a cleverly-rhymed poem, but not both at the same time.
MedeaSavannah chapter 1 . 10/24/2002
that was real interesting, i liked it