Reviews for A Thin Red Line
OdeClock chapter 4 . 8/2
Of course Hisana would be a 'bad influence' for Byakuya. The guy was an absolute hothead until a little after Yoruichi left the Soul Society, and during his time with her greatly softened again. That was a pretty steamy passage though! Hisana certainly is a seductress.

Interesting the political intrigue here. Not surprising, considering what happened 50 years prior in the timeline. Also not at all surprising, given how utterly corrupt the High Nobles are.
OdeClock chapter 3 . 8/2
Well this looks more like the Byakuya we get in the later parts of the Soul Society arc. Hisana is certainly the glue keeping things together. I'm also glad that Byakuya has made sure Rukia is as safe as possible, because the tension with his family is still so great.

Speaking of Rukia, she is admittedly dumbfounded at her newfound status. Probably made worse by the fact Hisana is very happy with her continuing her friendship with Renji. Renji is getting the Izuru treatment, but things are still positive for him (even if he doesn't know it yet).

Another excellent chapter, that seems to be setting up some interesting new developments for the main Kuchiki household Renji.
OdeClock chapter 2 . 8/2
Beautiful Chapter. From the eerily dark consequences of the Kuchiki's betraying Byakuya, to Hisana glowing from surviving her illness to Rukia and Renji's bond. An excellent chapter that hits all the notes of an AU centred around Hisana surviving.
Okay, so, I wrote a comment and it did not get posted for some reason, as far as I can see, so I'll write again. In case it pops up later, sorry for the double xD I don't even know if you'll ever see this, but still, I wanted to tell you that your story was brilliant. I love what you did with Hisana. You turned her into a real badass but with a style, and you've given both her and Byakuya so much depth and personality. I also like how you've added Rukia and Renji into the mix. They are adorable. I love your OCs and the Bleach characters, and I think they were all spot on. It is incredible how one can manage to write so many different characters and keep them in character and then even broaden them. Hats off to you. I've been struggling with my fanfic for about a decade, and am never satisfied with how I write Byakuya. Your story gave me a lot of insight. Also, the twins birthday party and his interactions with Kenpachi, priceless 3

If I have any objections that would be a slightly slow start, and that you sometimes skips scenes, which could've been expanded upon, so they become confusing. But with a story this size, it's understandable. You practically wrote a novel, which is an amazing feat in itself. And really, that's minor, compared to how much I was taken by your story. You've incorporated so many details so beautifully, that I've come to consider your story as canon. I love how you stayed close to the original, yet changed enough to make it your own, and the way you filled those holes that Kubo left is just brilliant.

I don't know what those people wrote, but please don't let some random assholes ruin your love of writing. Of course, I'd love to read an end of this story, but you don't owe anything to anyone, and if you don't feel like finishing it, that's okay. However, if you decide to return to it one day, I'll be overjoyed.

Anyways, I hope you're okay. If not, I hope you get well soon. Thank you for this beautiful story and this incredible journey.

~Ivy

Anyways, I hope you're okay. If not, I hope you get well soon. Thank you for this beautiful story, it was an incredible journey.

~Ivy
I don't know if you'll ever read this, but I loved your fanfic. It's such an amazing feat to write a story this size. The way you changed canon yet stayed relatively close to the original is also brilliant. I love Hisana the way you portrayed her. She's really badass but with a style, and you gave her depth and personality she never had. I think most of the characters were in character and I loved the interactions between them. Also, Byakuya and the birthday party, I died a few times. Spot on and brilliant. I liked the humour. Also his interactions with Kenpachi. 3

If I had any complaints, that would be that it's slow to start a bit and that sometimes you've skipped things, which could've been a bit more expanded upon, so they sometimes remain confusing. But that's okay, considering the size of this, and it's really minor compared to how much I was taken by this...novel practically, and I'm pretty picky, especially when it comes to fanfics. And yours is so well thought out that I've begun to consider some of the things you wrote as cannon. That's how well they fit and plug some holes Kubo left in his story.

I don't know what those people wrote, but please, don't let some random assholes kill your love for writing. Of course, I would really like to see an end to this, but it's your life, and you don't owe anything to anyone. However, if you ever decide to come back to this, I'll be overjoyed. I normally don't write comments online, as I'm pretty shy, but I just don't want you to think that your story is worthless, because it's not. To me at least.

Anyways, I hope you're okay. If you're not, I hope you get better. Thank you for writing. This was a great journey.

totallytrash chapter 79 . 5/21
I've been reading your stories since I was a young teenager in 2007, and recently I've re-read (and caught up on) A Thin Red Line, devouring it obsessively and with MUCH enjoyment. When I was younger, I was quite shy and timid and didn't want to leave heartfelt messages (oddly, I saw them as a bother to the author I was addressing) but I really want to express the following sentiments now:

You write beautifully and carefully. I hugely respect they way you have taken a minor character like Hisana and built a stunning set of stories arround her. Kubo's universe is enriched through your imagination, and while my knowledge on Japanese culture, folklore, history, literature and language is severely lacking I still feel strongly that your research or knowledge is rich and accurate.

I am so greatful, now one week away from my 27th birthday, to have re-discovered your fiction 14 years after I first read it! Your writing played a huge role in humanising Byakuya's character for me (and making him one of my favourites) and ByaHisa is by far my favourite Bleach pairing. In addition, you depict so many other seconadry characters so well (especially Shunsui) and I adore how you've woven Rukia and Renji into this story.

Your writing has gotten me through genuinely tough times in my life, and continues to. I hope you are dealing with the painful events in your life as well as possible, and I wish you all the best. Thank you so much for sharing your imagination and skill through these stories.

I hope one day you might return and complete them, despite the hurtful comments that have spoiled the experience. Even if you don't, please know that unifinished, these stories are still wonderful and stand as one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've ever read (not that I am anyone special, only that I have read A LOT of fics at varied quality levels)!

Thank you again, and all the best.

- Hanna
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2020
Thank you for writing such a beautiful story. I hope you stay safe and happy.
If you ever read these comments please know you've bought so many of us so much happiness. ️
I-got-zapped chapter 79 . 9/13/2020
I am so sorry that you got such awful comments, I'm really sad to see you go. Selfishly, I would love you to stay and continue posting, but you need to take care of yourself and if this is what you need to do, then I (and I am sure many others) will support your decision!
EmpressSaix chapter 79 . 9/12/2020
I'm sorry for not reviewing, but I swear I do read your story. I'm as much a shy introvert online as I am in real life. ' I don't know who would leave such comments, but they should be ashamed. I use writing as an outlet too and I hope you'll keep writing though even if we never get to see it. I hope your life takes a better turn and things get better.
AshKetchupAll chapter 79 . 9/12/2020
This is my 1st comment (and last I suppose) on this fic even though I've been reading this for years ;p

Just wanted to say that I GREATLY appreciate the amount of time and effort that you've put into weaving this beautiful, intricate, colorful story and that this was the BEST Bleach fanfic I've ever read and, as an avid reader, one of the best stories I've ever read in general. I doubt there will ever be another like it (78 super long chapters ain't no joke, this is literally a novel lol). Those mean anonymous reviewers wouldn't know a good story if it fired each individual letter of each word into their faces!

So THANK YOU and GOOD LUCK! :D
Linor Ayyas chapter 79 . 9/10/2020
i'm saddened by this fic's discontinuation ;w; i've read this fic since my third year in high school until my final year in uni. wish you all the best :D
iisabatse chapter 79 . 9/10/2020
I’m so sorry that you’ve received such hurtful comments. It seems as if people don’t have any sense of decency and politeness to leave constructive criticism or to not speak at all if they have nothing good to say.
I thoroughly enjoyed and deeply appreciated the work and effort you put into writing this amazing story. It was an great to see you pick it up again and your updates made my week better. I hope you well with everything in the future! ️
lizyeh2000 chapter 79 . 9/10/2020
I can’t believe how rude people are. I love your story it’s amazing, I hope you find the motivation to write again. Love your story so much
raydark182 chapter 79 . 9/10/2020
I'm sorry to hear about the comments, I know better than anyone how they can be. It's why I blocked anonymous reviews, people can be stupid. Despite that, while I wish you would continue, you need to do what's best for you. It was such an amazing story and I hope you make more someday. Good luck to you and all you do from here on out.