Reviews for Not Ready To Make Nice
Joana A chapter 43 . 8/31
Great story! I wish you’d write more. Thank you
I am trawling through your superb list of stories and even after so many chapters as in this one - I still can’t get enough! Just... thank you!
bmcwhorter7379 chapter 14 . 6/16
I just love how awkward they are. It feels so natural.
You know what's funny? If this show in any way had reflected reality with Kate's little crusade to find her mom's killer... her very involvement would let the guy walk. Having a personal connection to the case taints every piece of evidence she ever handled making it questionable if not UNUSABLE in a courtroom. And the trope of her actually arresting Bracken in the end? Ugh... talk about handing his defense team a winning strategy on a platter, if they can't sway the jury by painting her as a crazy obsessed cop, they might be able to get the entire case overturned in appeals with her dogged insertion of herself... and she's not only supposed to be a smart cop she's also supposed to have had some interest in being a lawyer herself and raised by two other lawyers...
And here she gets her excuse to be the aggressor in the 'I'm pissed at you' contest and what does she do? She leaves him cold, no compassion, no empathy, no attempt to talk it out. I always hated in the show how they gave her 'get out of jail free' cards for owning up to her mistakes by always overshadowing them by making Castle make his own either concurrent or reactionary mistakes that he had to be taken to task for while hers ended up being glossed over.
I really, REALLY hate how this feels like she's constantly trying to find a way to flip things over so she gets to be mad at him and put him on the defensive. Things like her pulling out the 'but my MOM' argument again, or 'how dare he talk to Martha', or her comparison between herself and Alexis if Castle had been shot, now we have her whining about 'how dare my dad seek you out to try and knock some sense into me!'
So, Kate, if you get to be pissy that Castle needed an outlet and talked to his mom, does he get to be mad if you talk to Lanie or your shrink about things instead of him in the future? Or are you just setting up another double standard that isolates him from his support network?
Dorothy chapter 42 . 4/21
Hi I’m from Edinburgh so I know exactly where Bathgate is I wish they were there I would
love to meet them both Favourite couple on TV. I Love your stories you Wright about things
We would have liked to see on the series but you fill in the gaps which is great .
Regards Dorothy
Guest chapter 43 . 10/3/2019
I’ve just finished reading this story and I adore it. It may have taken me four years to find it but I’m glad I did.
Castle4Eva chapter 43 . 9/12/2019
Just finished rereading this Top 10 Castle story and now I need to go back and reread In Some Corner (maybe for the 4th time) to see which post-47 Second story is the best. Thanks for this great one! I hope you write something new for Castle some time soon.
Jbug47 chapter 43 . 5/12/2019
Great story! You are a great writer and don’t let anybody make you feel you aren’t. Please keep writing Caskett’s stories! Thanks!
SeannysMom chapter 43 . 8/6/2018
Amazing and beautiful story ! Very well written. Thank you.
Mikala chapter 43 . 1/16/2018
I don't know if you already did a sequel but I think it would be cool to see how their story progresses in this one. :)
Guest chapter 43 . 6/11/2017
I enjoyed this story very much. You brought me characters back to life for me. Thank you so much!
wegman chapter 43 . 5/14/2017
I wish I was reading fan fiction when you published this story. I would have enjoyed the pictures of the cabin. But I came late to the fan fiction party. Didn't discover it until the series was almost over. Thank you for the wonderful stories you have written.
2,582 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »