Reviews for Not Ready To Make Nice
Vishw chapter 14 . 9/10
Wow! I think that Smith guy comment from Beckett surpassed all of Castle's foot-in-the-mouth moments! Didn't think that was possible!
Vishw chapter 11 . 9/10
Instead of feeling happiness, all I felt was a relief... glad that's over... for now.
Vishw chapter 10 . 9/10
Much better. Always liked Jim (except when he called Castle dumb). Wish this happened on the show more, instead of Martha always chastising Castle.
Vishw chapter 9 . 9/10
If a guy on the next table can so easily reach across and tap on Kate's arm, then this was NOT the place to reveal such a huge secret! And after realizing such an obvious thing, Castle could have forced her to get out and go to a more private space, but it seems he suddenly became spineless again and could only resort to begging and meekly accepting Beckett's stubbornness, as usual.
PAM H chapter 31 . 7/10
YOU GO GIRL AND PILOT !
PAM H chapter 30 . 7/10
YOU'RE DOING GREAT !
PAM H chapter 9 . 7/2
YOU WRITE SUCH GREAT STORIES !
Jenine99 chapter 43 . 6/19
This was a journey and a half! I'm so glad I came across this story. A wonderful tale which made me cry when they cried and laugh when they laughed. Amazing characterization and a great attention to detail. I'm not sure what else to say I'm not half the writer you are and surely others have said it better. I pretty much read it all in one sitting because I was so caught up in the story and now that I've finished it...I just realised how much I miss the show. Castle has been over for years now but fanfics like this make it easier to cope with what almost feels like a loss to me if that makes any sense. Thanks for writing for the fandom and sharing your hardwork with us for our pleasure. I'd be glad to read more from you if you ever decide to write and post fics again. :)
CileSuns92 chapter 43 . 11/24/2020
It took me a bit to read this, but it was worth it. Loved the slow pace, how you unraveled every issue and placated it with soft touches and heaps of love between them. I can't believe I enjoyed the fighting, too!

The chapters were packed with so much, even when nothing was apparently going on, and they were just eating or walking or sitting at the lake. It's beautiful to see how different they are not only 5 months down the road, but even a few days after their big talk. All of these were much-needed conversations, so thank you for giving us your perspective on how to tackle some of their issues.

Thank you for sharing your story with us, I loved every word!
Joana A chapter 43 . 8/31/2020
Great story! I wish you’d write more. Thank you
Guest chapter 43 . 7/31/2020
I am trawling through your superb list of stories and even after so many chapters as in this one - I still can’t get enough! Just... thank you!
bmcwhorter7379 chapter 14 . 6/16/2020
I just love how awkward they are. It feels so natural.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/22/2020
You know what's funny? If this show in any way had reflected reality with Kate's little crusade to find her mom's killer... her very involvement would let the guy walk. Having a personal connection to the case taints every piece of evidence she ever handled making it questionable if not UNUSABLE in a courtroom. And the trope of her actually arresting Bracken in the end? Ugh... talk about handing his defense team a winning strategy on a platter, if they can't sway the jury by painting her as a crazy obsessed cop, they might be able to get the entire case overturned in appeals with her dogged insertion of herself... and she's not only supposed to be a smart cop she's also supposed to have had some interest in being a lawyer herself and raised by two other lawyers...
Guest chapter 9 . 5/22/2020
And here she gets her excuse to be the aggressor in the 'I'm pissed at you' contest and what does she do? She leaves him cold, no compassion, no empathy, no attempt to talk it out. I always hated in the show how they gave her 'get out of jail free' cards for owning up to her mistakes by always overshadowing them by making Castle make his own either concurrent or reactionary mistakes that he had to be taken to task for while hers ended up being glossed over.
Guest chapter 7 . 5/22/2020
I really, REALLY hate how this feels like she's constantly trying to find a way to flip things over so she gets to be mad at him and put him on the defensive. Things like her pulling out the 'but my MOM' argument again, or 'how dare he talk to Martha', or her comparison between herself and Alexis if Castle had been shot, now we have her whining about 'how dare my dad seek you out to try and knock some sense into me!'
2,591 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »