Reviews for An Unfortunate Series of Events
ScribeofHeroes chapter 1 . 3/24
Yay! Elanor to the rescue. I'm glad to read a story were Sam's little girl gets to be the hero. :)

If there is anything you can trust a hobbit with its dinner, and breakfast, and second breakfast, and lunch, ect. I wonder if she added that mushroom soup to the menu. It sounds like a very hobbit dish. ;)

Those were two unfortunate emergencies to follow each other like that. I am glad though, that Eowyn did not let diplomatic matters keep her from acting with kindness towards her cook. Her decision to give Elanor a pony as a reward seemed very like her. :) I hope Elanor comes to love her new steed as much as her father loved Bill. :)

Great job. :)

God Bless
quaff chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
Always a treat to read one of your stories. Ta.
DeepRootsAerNotReached chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
"... And my uncles demands onions with every meal". Don't know why that's hilarious, but it sure is. And I got my head full of funny images at "Aragorn said drily. "I could just imagine him hitting the Kha Khan and the Grand Raja over the head with his frying pan!" " Because, you know - I can too. And that cave troll. And Faramir in the ranger's caverns. And Gollum. "I'm starting to get the hang of this!"

Deandra chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Nice new glimpse of a Hobbit, and not the usual ones. Of course Sam's daughter would know how to cook!

- Deandra
Virtuella chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
Aw, this is sweet. I've never before read a story about how Elanor fared at court and this is just so spot on - of course it is in cooking that she would make her mark. Absolutely delightful. :)
aitchtee chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
I can't think of anyone who would object to mushroom soup and I'm sure Elanor would be a great cook jsut as you have written. happy Easter to you too.
Athena Telcontar Granger chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Really, really wonderful!
I loved the simplicity of the whole thing. This is one of the rare wonderful fiction stories about Eleanor, done really, really portrayed the friendship of the steward and the king wonderfully, too.A lovely story.
If possible, can you write a story showing Faramir and Arwen's friendship? Pretty
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Excellent story! You've done a wonderful job outlining Elanor's character.

I knew one of the dishes would have to include mushrooms :)
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
I love it! (I'd actually love to see Sam hitting them with a frying pan...) And did you name the ill-fated cook Niniel on purpose? :)
Darkover chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Dear Linda: I read and enjoyed this story at Teitho, too! This was an original idea to meet the challenge. You did your usual fine job with both description and dialogue, and I liked the idea of Elanor and her cooking talent coming to the rescue. As Aragorn said, quoting his old mentor Gandalf, there is more to hobbits than meets the eye. Elanor's being a good cook is also a realistic solution, as all hobbits know how to cook, she is indeed Sam's daughter-and Sam seemed to be an extraordinarily talented cook even for a hobbit, as he was able to make a tasty stew out of nothing but water, herbs, and a couple of rabbits. And as you indicated here, Elanor comes from a large family who undoubtedly do all have a multiplicity of tastes. I also loved Aragorn's comment about how Sam would wage war on anyone who tried to take his daughter from him. I, too, can imagine Sam using his frying pan on the heads of the Khan and the Raja! Thank you for this thoroughly readable and enjoyable tale. Take care. Sincerely, Darkover
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Wonderful little story! And very inspiring, now I want to go do my week's meal plans! Happy Easter to you too!
constantlearner chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
An enjoyable read. As soon as you told us Elanor was there, I had an inkling about what was going to happen. Very hobbitish. Thank you.
Light on the Horizon chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Great story!
tommyginger chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
So now we know what the new plates look like after the old ones were ruined by the dog chasing the cat. Good job!