Reviews for Shaft Of Light A story of hope
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
"" Anyone ever tell ya ..you're a regular shaft of sunlight"" - David Michael Starsky.

I so know, what Hutch has been through, ( maybe it's a Virgo trait ? ) about not bringing yourself to touch your loved one. I've been there myself... only without the happy ending.

good one.
sferrell chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Oh, my; this is terrific as Starsk would say. They are so good together. Wish they would do a re-enactment, but you did a really, really good one.

Starskygal/Hutchfan
Paula UK chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
That was really good...well done.
A lovely up-lifting ending.
Thank you.
Paula.
Carol chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Lovely little 'fill in' to Sweet Revenge, such heart felt moments. Thank you and keep writing yeah.
kristleap chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Enjoyed your story. Loved the way you showed Hutch's love and need for Starsky. Thanks for sharing your story. I always thought this episode left a lot of holes. You did a good job of filling them.
springfieldbluebird chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Ooh! I haven't read the whole thing b/c I keep getting interrupted, but this is wonderful so far! So glad you decided to put this online. :) I will finish reading and reviewing later. :)
CurlyGod chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Oh My dear Sara! I'm so happy, you're so sensitive, I think just the same... there are lots of questions during the series and especially during the most heartwrenching episodes that were left unanswered... one of the most memorable moments never seen on TV, the shooting for instance...(the next story? mmhhh...) and though I thanked PMG because of the lack of the gruesome details I think that vidders and writers are the ones who can fill those gaps in the stories, yeah... just like you say... Thank you thank you thank you Ciotolik, this gift, your comment, makes me feel real lucky and succesful... in having you as my friend! you are a hell of a sensitive young woman and I adore nourishing myself with your warmth...
Ciotolik chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
I adored this snippet! I've often thought that the last episodes (I've already said it for other eps like starsky vs hutch) have left many holes... Some of them in the plot and some others in the emotional development or even in time: Sweet Revenge for example: in a few days Starsky is up drinking and eating... quite unbelievable... what happened in the meanwhile?
You have filled one of those holes: between the discover of Gunther as the one who wanted them dead and the moment in which Starsky opened his eyes and Hutch found the strength to fight. (Great final connection with the original lines!)
One of the parts I loved most is : " So talk to him Hutch. Please! touch him. Don't be selfish and take the risk of not being answered once, twice… each time it's necessary. Don't be afraid to let him know that you're waiting for him, that everybody's waiting for him, and that he's so needed. "
In fact i was kind of surprised that Hutch didn't touch his partner ... he didn't say a word to him... and your story tells us why: shock, fear, paralyzing emptiness... it makes perfectly sense.
Beautiful quotations from Starsky's words and perfect representation of Hutch's emotions (even some humour that often helps the guys to overcome pain and awkwardness).
Amazing job!
Sheri Kuykendall chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
I really liked your story. You showed the depth of friendship and feeling Hutch has for Starsky beautifully. Great story!
sandybeliever chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
A little corny but very nice.
luvthatblueeyedSoul chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
OH Fer, this is so good. So much emotion. Oh and the ending, so touching!