Reviews for Perspectives
periwinklepromise chapter 39 . 7/21
Just wanted to say that I love this work and hope it continues
EJBRUSH1952 chapter 39 . 6/27
YES! You do exist! You weren't a figment of my imagination! Thank god! Of course I will wait for you to get settled and gather your thoughts-excellent writing is hard to find these days, and once found I'm reluctant as hell to let go! I'm glad that you are discovering that there still is life and friends and people who do care about you and your furry family. I've often found "real life," what ever that is, often has other ideas for us when we most want it to take a back seat. Take care of the furry ones and yourself we will be here for you when you are ready.
hobgoblin123 chapter 35 . 1/23
The little Mermaid? OMG, lol! This wasnt something I had expected Moriarty to watch, but rather 'The Godfather' or something similar. Anyway, I had never heard this interpretation of the author's motives to write the story before. Repressed homosexuality? Mmmh...
The image of Sherlock hanging from A chandelier was damn hilarious. Of course Jim couldn't just cut him down. Seems to be a good marksman, the fellow. Even better was the 'Marry me, Suzie O'Brannon' sign streaming behind the plane. I literally laughed tears.
On a more serious level, their interaction is amazing. Sometimes, they remind me of children playing a deadly game without giving a damn for the consequences, but they truly seem to be made for each other. I wonder where this is going. Doubt that there will be a happy ending, at least not for the pairing Jim/Sherlock, but let's wait and see...
hobgoblin123 chapter 34 . 1/22
Well, so Sherlock killed the younger Moriarty. Good riddance, I dare say. The world won't be poorer without that pig. What you wrote about him raping his brother with all kind of stuff very nearly made me sick. Son of a bitch. But what I found really intriguing about this chapter was the character development which very much reminds me of two other literary figures we both know well. Jim doubtlessly corrupts Holmes, but the detective manages to change him as well, awakening feelings like fear for another one's life and protectiveness in the consulting criminal. I loved the way both men wanted to save each other from coming to harm. Normally shipping the more traditional pairing Holmes/Watson, I wouldn't have thought it possible that I could ever want a somewhat redeemed Jim and Sherlock to live together happily ever after, but that's exactly what happened. Very strange, indeed, but it shows what a formidable and convincing author you are. Oh, and I simply adore the expression 'the predatory poetry of Sherlock's movements'.
hobgoblin123 chapter 33 . 1/22
Holy shit, this didn't feel rushed or pressured at all. It was brilliant! You had me sitting on the edge of my seat, my eyes big as saucers and barely breathing. What a god-awful minute this must have been for poor John, Greg and bloody Mycroft. Jesus! To be forced to watch helplessly when someone close to you is being murdered - I don't even dare to imagine their feelings. And to stage the whole 'performance' in the Yard's lobby of all locations! Moriarty is a sick bastard for sure, but he has balls of steel. And a certain ingenuity plus a wicked sense of humour. Somehow, I found his reaction to his birthday present quite touching. Seems to grow on me, the son of a bitch, and that's all your fault, dear fellow author. Lol! By the way, was the present just a computer simulation, or were the buildings (top floors and roofs) really blown up? Don't you dare to destroy my favourite city, Jim ;-)!
hobgoblin123 chapter 32 . 1/22
Oh crap, the link doesn't work for me! I would have loved to watch it and imagine the two dancing together in the very same manner. Bad luck! And oh my God, you truly know how to put your poor readers on an emotional roller coaster. I've never liked Mycroft, and reading his orders to Lestrade, I couldn't help but thinking 'what a swine!' Honestly. What kind of cold-blooded bastard is he? Then Sherlock and Moriarty were tangoing, and I found myself grinning broadly. It was funny, cute and exciting at the same time, hinting at the growing attraction between them and what might happen in the near future. But then the mood changed abruptly again. Became more and more sinister with each line. I couldn't possibly feel very sorry for the blonde bitch. Her occupation, if it can be called thus at all, is outright abhorrent. But I still can't believe that Sherlock truly shot an unarmed woman, however vile. Seems that Moriarty has done a good job of corrupting him so far. Of course John - or even the thought of how John would react to this deed - could have stopped him. But Holmes can't remember him. What a tragic mess! Great chapter, though! And now I'm looking forward to reading the next one.
Spoilers-Sweetie913 chapter 8 . 12/22/2014
I can already tell this one is going to ruin me. I don't know why I do this to myself.
kiras70 chapter 38 . 12/8/2014
nooooooooooooooooooooo mycroft nooooooooo omg please noooooooooooooooooooooo
mielka chapter 38 . 12/8/2014
NOOOOO ! Please, please, tell me Mycroft is not dead ? And Sherlock ? OMG this was a hell of a chapter !

I really hope John And Sherlock will be reunited before the end of this story, I need an happy ending :) Please ?

Read you soon :)
Revella chapter 38 . 12/7/2014
You devious wench, tricking me into proofing...*grins*

Gonna review as a whole, as I literally just read this entire chapter like ten minutes before you posted it. (woot for early bird reading!)

Anyway, I have to say, for the frustration it seems to have cost you, this is your best chapter yet. The action, the emotions, the thought patterns and POVs all moved seamlessly. Your technical skill, while good before, is steadily becoming great. I am sssoooooooo happy, since I know, with total certainty, that you are half-way to amazing and beyond. (You already are, but I can't sound like a total fangirl, people may not take my reviews seriously, so don't tell anyone I'm your number one fan.)

You got me with the morning after "is this awkward" moments with Jim and Sherlock. Jim reverting to his old behaviors and Sherlock realizing there is something missing from his psyche are just building the tension, winding me up with nerves and fear.

John and Lestrade. I love the no-nonsense way you have those two men get ready for the mission. Sexy, heartbreaking, and determinedly depressing.

Mycroft. I love that man. I love your version of that man too. He makes me tear up, and I can't figure out why...oh I know why. He's fucking awesome. makes me mad, and happy, and sad, and all in the space of a few lines of text. Bravo.

Excellent plot structuring. You jumped from POV to POV, not letting us get a clear glimpse of what was happening until the climax of the chapter, which I think was very smart and sexy as hell. I knew what was going to happen, but it STILL got to me.

Jim, you sneaky and snarky bastard. hell yes love it. And Sherlock...poor Sherlock. Vatican Cameo! Well played my dear, well played.

Okay. Here's the hard part. The kiss was grand-scale awesome, as it should be. But that's not the hard part.

My heart was in my throat, my mouth opened in a gasp of dismay, as Sherlock fell in Jim's arms. I was falling. I was the one hurt, Jim's disbelief and useless panic mine; you pulled me in to that helicopter, and you left me on the bloody pavement with John. You made me cry, and I didn't stop. In fact, my eyes are still sore from crying. *sighs*

And Mycroft? At the end? What the hell did I do to you, that you left me with that heart-wrenching and poignant moment of decision, as Mycroft risks his life to let Moriarty get Sherlock to safety? I am still wrecked. I am a mess.

Fucking well done, babe. Take a bow.
Revella chapter 37 . 11/28/2014
I am going to review this chapter as a whole piece.

This entire chapter made me forget my aversion to Jimlock. The way you wrote it, so intimate and honest, showed me a picture of two men making love, their names inconsequential to the joy they found in each other. I felt Jim's surrender, Sherlock's mastery and oddly vulnerable touches, and the way you had them play off each other, and every surface of that room, left me in a state of jaw-dropping awe. I find myself pleasantly jealous; I have read at last a chapter with sex in it that makes me wish I wrote it. My hubris thanks you for the challenge, and my libido seriously wants to send you a gift basket.

The way you blend Sherlock's emotions and his attempts to rationalize them and his actions, and the raw state you reduce Jim to have me feeling just as exposed as they are.

Bravo. I love this. Now excuse me, i'm going to reread it all... *hehehe*
Revella chapter 36 . 11/28/2014
1. The talk Jim has internally with Seraena...oh man, make me cry.
2. Sherlock's mistaken epiphany on Moriarty's motivation and their interaction prior to the Reichenbach Fall is scary. because if you truly remove John from the equation, that is EXACTLY what happened. But because John was there, acting as Sherlock's true north, it wasn't... just a slip of fate, really.
3. You made the Reichenbach fall into Jim actually falling in love...and giving in completely. Just one more touch... *ahhh*.
4. The way you have Sherlock break out his moves...its like a natural born lover suddenly sprang up wearing Sherlock's clothing. He is the same man, yet different. Centered. Calm. In control. And i'm melting.
5. Oh poor James...let Sherlock love you...he knows exactly what hes doing. And that was so sweet at the end... I'm sniffling.

Damn you woman! making me love Jimlock! DAMMIT! gimme more!
Revella chapter 35 . 11/20/2014
1. Hahahahahaa! The 'incident' with his brother. Love it.
2. "now what have we learned about upside down times?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Darling you do funny so fucking well. I cant stop laughing.
3. The little mermaid? omgomgomgomg... *crying*
Okay I LOVE this part. The popcorn, the couch, the movies, c'mon Sherlock that was obvious...then the popcorn again! *laughing hysterically*
4. had a moment there with 'John lost a whole Wednesday once, never even noticed' in the dining room... with poison! Hell yes! *high five*
5. Trix are for kids...BANG! "Last bowl of cereal"...FAVORITE PART! My sides hurt from laughing.
6. Well, it wasn't raining... I love that splash of human error there. Loved it. madet he rest balance out, be even more hilarious.
youre it! that was adorable. Sweet and silly and adorable. Cute, even.
8. LOL. trust Sherlock to be a literalist. I know thats not really a word but it is now. Flying and Loved it.
9. The last two paragraphs got me good. When Jim is running and helps Sherlock up off the grass, the sublime normalcy of their relationship was very endearing.

Entire chapter was spotlessly handled and fucking hilarious. I love it when you break out the silliness. Its a talent!
Revella chapter 34 . 11/20/2014
1. Even though I knew better, that opening dream sequence made me go 'oh hell NO! She didn't!"
2. I saw that tiny little clue my dear. Sneaky sneaky. About who is affected when others die...*salutes*
3. "And Sherlock was everything now, wasn't he?" Love how his axis as tilted, how his new direction leaves him reeling.
4. Okay that scene with Jim confronting James leaves me sick to my stomach and squirming in my seat. Well done. Disturbing and smartly written.
5. Sherlock to the rescue! WOOT! (and I caught the sniper reference, nicely laid out)
6. Just like with Magnussen's death, I feel that Sherlock's actions were 100% warranted and hell honey, I was cheering him ON! YES! I sat up and yelled and scared the husband I was so thrilled to see the end of James the Younger. YES!
7. Darling, you stir me. The hint a man calling to Sherlock as he took a life? I know full well who that man was, and it made me happier than any other previous passage you have written.
8. Smartly, eloquently written. The intelligence you bring to your words and thoughts of the characters improves the ff experience by leaps and bounds. I have some serious vocabulary envy here. Not to mention the emotions you stir up, and make me feel as I'm reading. Jim is a chaotic, mercurial man, and well matched to Sherlock in this evolution of their characters, even though traces of the old are still present in our detective. I love the whole damn thing so much.
hobgoblin123 chapter 31 . 11/20/2014
Hi, lovey,
I'm back, at least for reading a chapter or two. Sorry for not reviewing earlier, but sometimes life's just crazy, and on top of my misfortune I'm sick. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still around and enjoying your story very much. Oh my, the boys really seem to be two sides of the very same coin. Loved that Moriarty thinks of Sherlock as 'HIS detective'. And them sending messages although they're in the same car. Lol! The 'dialogue' was just great. And now I'm wondering what Holmes has planned for Jim's birthday. Something that burns? Mmh...