Reviews for be my shield (five times we touched)
SCcowgirl80 chapter 13 . 4/29
So beautifully written! I started at chapter 1 and four hours later I've come to the last chapter. What a fabulous spin on my favorite Avenger characters. Your transitions from character to character were flawless and the flow of the whole story was exceptional. Thank you for posting this.
MaddAlice chapter 13 . 2/26
This was wonderful! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful story!
silleoneff chapter 13 . 2/9
Really enjoyed your story. Thanks for writing.
Hestia11 chapter 13 . 1/27
I made a lot of dinosaur noises while reading this fic. When I say dinosaur noises I mean literal baby dinosaur noises while dying from the emotions! I love this story, I really do! I don't know how to express how much I love it!
shadowhuntingdauntlessdemigod chapter 13 . 11/2/2014
Oh. My. Gosh. How can I even begin to explain how much I have dearly loved this story? It is amazing and sweet and pulse pounding and a lot of other things. I loved how you included events throughout the various movies and both Steve and Natasha grew so much throughout the course of this story. I love this story, I know I said it before, but I felt the need to say it again :). Pure genius and everything else. AWESOME JOB! Happy belated birthday as well ;)
Laura chapter 13 . 10/9/2014
This story is amazing! I read it all in one sitting and I LOVED it! It's like you were in my head writing the stories I imagine, except a million times better. Also, thank you for your accuracy, sticking to the comic canon - I love that. And the medical accuracy - I'm a nurse and it drives me crazy when the medical parts are completely implausible. Seriously, this story is the best.
Anon chapter 13 . 9/12/2014
Dear Shadows,

I can't believe how beautiful this is. All of it. Every. Single. Bit. I don't even know how you managed to doubt yourself in some of those chapters because all of it was so unimaginably beautiful and I can't even express with words how perfect it is. Everything in this story aligned exactly with my headcanon - everything from Steve and Natasha facing their feelings after The Winter Soldier to Maria Hill being Natasha's sister of sorts to Natasha having loved Bucky and yet having also learned how to move on from him. I wish you could publish it because the world deserves to see this, and honestly you have given us a gift, and I have no idea how on earth we the readers can ever repay you. All I can say to you now is -

I owe you.

If you ever publish a book I want to read it immediately. Maybe pre-order it or something, I don't even know. Your writing is beautiful. I am currently working on a novel myself (something I once did when I was little, and am now revamping/rewriting - I've got 46k words in 2.5 weeks despite the pressures and stresses of high school - writing is such a gorgeous thing) and your story has inspired me in so many different ways. I can only hope someday I might be as good a writer as you.

I almost feel like I don't deserve to see something this beautiful. It's perfect in every single one of its imperfections. Who are you to have been able to sculpt something this incredible, to carve a heart-stopping creation like this one out of mere words?

Thank you for this. May your dreams all come true. And good luck on the novel.

Love,
Your Loyal Reader
xoxo

P.S. Nerds are amazing! And nerdy chicks rule :)
jobelle516 chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
Wow!
Just me and myself chapter 13 . 9/8/2014
Absolutely amazing in every way!
GingerSnapFangir chapter 13 . 9/6/2014
I am really close to crying right now. That was so beautiful. I'm probably going to go look for other rogernov stories by you now. I would be more eloquent in my praise but my heart hurts from the perfection I just read.
KiritoStrife chapter 13 . 8/31/2014
Please. Stop with the feels. And the music choices. Stop. I can't take such perfection xD I contemplated becoming a fanfic writer but I could never match this
broken-trinkets chapter 13 . 8/30/2014
firstly, i would really like to commend you on your ability of piecing together such a beautiful story! this is my third time reading this, and it still has me trembling everytime.
secondly, thank you for having Natasha's characterisation down to a T. i wholeheartedly agree with you, natasha wouldn't come back for steve (if she had already made the decision to leave) unless she was caught between the devil and the deep blue sea; so having the whole Bucky/Hydra thing was really great.
thirdly, oh my god that Bucky/Natasha scene broke my heart (my shipper heart has no qualms about betrayals) and i always thought that the whole Bucky/Natasha/Steve angle would have been really interesting to portray, and you've done a marvelous job at bringing that aspect of the story to life. that Peggy/Steve scene was also really fantastic (i strongly believe Steve wouldn't move on unless Peggy gave him the go ahead/passed on)
overall, i really hope you continue writing more Natasha-centric (my favourite character and you wrote her so excellently) Steve/Natasha and Bucky/Natasha and if you write Bucky/Steve/Natasha then you deserve a prize. this was a really captivating and well thought out story and i really do hope you continue writing :]
steveandbucky4ever chapter 13 . 8/26/2014
Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Thank you for writing this.
KaydenceRei chapter 13 . 8/1/2014
Your Guardian Angel. You know, I was listening to this song the other day. One of my favorites. Red Jumpsuit Apparatus is one of my favorites to listen to. Cat and Mouse, Damn Regret... I do love their songs. :) So... insert a squee girl moment here, just for the song choice.

Anywho. This story ends on such a perfect note. And I don't even have the time to write out more details like I want to. So I'll go with this. I'm so glad you didn't actually have her say it back. That was, by far, the most important and trivial part of the entire story. I just feel like it's something she wouldn't do. That she wouldn't know how to say it back. Because she's better at SHOWING rather than telling.

Okay.

Squee! Squee! Squee! Superepicfantasical SQUEE. Such a wonderful story. Now I have to go to work. Baah humbug, real world.
KaydenceRei chapter 12 . 8/1/2014
"HYDRA can save her."

"HYDRA would turn her into a weapon, like you."

The Soldier's eyes shutter. He hand of flesh trembles, and he balls it into a fist. "She has always been a weapon."

Ahhhh the truth of that statement. Steve didn't see her as what she was created to be. Programmed to be. Not now. (Like she said. Time has changed things... changed her.) Bucky still remains in the past, with who and what they were; and may still be in some sense.