Reviews for our battles choose us
dreams and desperation chapter 1 . 1/17/2017
Nice! Xx
CharlesTheBold chapter 1 . 12/29/2016
Very impressive mood story. First it sounds like Cashmere is drugged-out and nihilistic, but then you realize that the Capitol has made her that way.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2016
I really love your interpretation of the more minor characters. Your back stories make a lot of sense for things Katniss definitely didn't see. Thank you for writing.
three-golden-mockingjays chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
This is incredible! I absolutely love Gloss and Cashmere as characters, particularly Cashmere, largely because they weren't explored too much in the books and I've always had questions about their backstories and stuff. Your ideas relating to the characters are really smart and compelling and I enjoyed this read - your writing style is just descriptive enough and really easy to follow and enjoy. Thanks for the awesome read!
xx - L.
Estoma chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
Lovely work! I really enjoy stories about the treatment of victors, and the training techniques for careers. You've provided both.

The relationship with Gloss was supportive and convincing. I really liked that. Not so sure about Dexter; what's Cashmere's relationship with him? I wasn't really sure what his purpose in the story was. He didn't seem to add much to it, except to talk about Marvel, which could have been done without him.

Some fantastic, stark, gory details, like Cashmere having to be with fifteen clients in twelve hours. You really build up a very grim picture for the poor victors.

Lovely world building, too. I liked the details about how District 1 felt inferior to 2 in relation to training.

You also showed how terribly twisted everything is in the victors' lives. I rather loved it. Particularly nice touch when Cashmere told Glimmer she would have to sleep with Cato, and how Glimmer accepted it without question.

Very strong oneshot. Great character relationships and world details. All I would suggest is to take another look at Dexter's place in the story.

Cheers.