Reviews for How to Write a Merlin Fanfiction
baxtiyor chapter 11 . 10/28/2015
impressive
Askefroa chapter 11 . 8/26/2015
I must say that this was one of the most amusing things I've read for a while (perhaps due to a lack of sleep and night humor at 4 am but who knows) great guide anyway.
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 11 . 7/2/2015
You are awesome! This guide is absolutely thorough and hilarious!
Dimension Jumper J.D chapter 4 . 6/22/2015
Genital herpes. Do you watch Supernatural?
Also, it's 3 AM and I'm snorting like an idiot
EternalFire214 chapter 11 . 6/17/2015
Wow, I actually found this quite entertaining. Also, I found myself agreeing with quite a few things, and have found examples of literally everything mentioned in this in a Merlin fanfiction. I've only ever written one Merlin fanfiction, and it was a crossover, so I didn't take any personal offense from this. In fact, I found it funny. But I was silently cursing you for most of Chapter 8, and it screwed with my double-vision, giving me a headache.
But overall, this was very enjoyable to read (surprisingly)!
Bloody Nikki chapter 8 . 6/8/2015
One of the most unpleasant chapters I have ever read. I mean... Once I hit the sub-heading 'The Trouble with Capital' (Not re-writing it the way you had it. I'm both lazy and can't bring myself to do that.) It become kind of hard to read through. I think I have a headache. Yup. I have a headache now. Thanks a lot for that.
Bloody Nikki chapter 6 . 6/8/2015
I'm dying. Just dying from laughter. Everything is either really funny or true. I had to spot reading for a moment to control my laughter. You earned a favorite and I don't even like humorous works often (and never one that isn't even fiction.) I love it.
Dradon chapter 11 . 5/8/2015
Favoriting this the moment I touch home-ground.
Let's say I appreciate sarcasm and satire, and actually learned things (and laughed. Mostly laughed. And muttered about 'eyes bleeding' and 'puke worthy' and 'teeth rotting damnation' at points. The genre and grammar ones, to be precise). And use them mercilessly. Even my class notes are full of it. No one is safe. (Also, it's contagious. Thank you, my assistance-obsessed granny. My notes have spread, and my class has the professors baffled. Soon, the whole grade will have turned. It's awesome).
Dradon chapter 10 . 5/8/2015
...so I'm not the only one who does that? *ponders* Their answers are truly entertaining, aren't they?
One author even told me off when I commented that someone that went through systematical psychological torture and physical abuse couldn't be 'that' well adjusted in such a short time span, specially if they're from modern society (the worse off the bottom-barrel of your community has it, the better the middle ground will deal with pain) and were suddenly wrenched from their time. It's like taking the security blanket away from a toddler. All their little comforts, taken away, and they find themselves in an unknown place with unknown dangers and a propensity for panic attacks (there's a reason for the phrase 'Better the devil you know than the devil you don't', after all).
Everyone also seems to forget the language barriers. Quite often. It's irritating (I'm Major-ing in Foreign Languages. I take offense to this. Strongly, and with much passion. In a Morgana sort-of-way).
Instead, the Mary Sue or Gary Stu or whatever the pompous bootlicker of a character is called, not only lacks in human flaws -which are what makes character-building so much fun- it defies logic and common sense. They'd be basically self-deluded but functional psychopaths, if they were ever diagnosed *raises eyebrow* Or, well, sociopaths, I guess, but the term is obsolete now, so psychopaths they are!
Gods, I needed that rant. You're a life-saver. Venting is awesome!
(No, there's no difference between Psychopaths and Sociopaths. I've researched about it. Intensively. My friend -Uri- is a sucker for BBC's Sherlock. Len and I are both of the opinion that she has a thing about cheekbones...)
(My real Pen-Name is HikaruWinter, but I'm not on my computer, so I'm not logging in. I take paranoid to new levels. Like the dude from the movie 'RED' that lived in an underground base under a car's sad and rusty remains with a no-tech-allowed policy. I also have a fondness for plushies. We share things, that dude and I. The crazy is only one of many. Also, I babble, as can be noted)
PhoebeHuntress chapter 11 . 4/20/2015
This is actually pretty helpful! And post some of your stories! You OBVIOUSLEY have the principles to do them well, so POST!
Guest chapter 10 . 1/17/2015
I love this fic SO MUCH.
SO LOVELY.
ShadowPillow chapter 11 . 1/17/2015
I can't believe I read all of this.
CastleScribe chapter 8 . 1/12/2015
The references to 1337 forced me to embark on an adventure in learning. It was actually interesting. Thank you.
(also my eyes burn from viewing those- things. The horror! The pain! The numbers...)
CastleScribe chapter 6 . 1/12/2015
Genuinely amused by this so far
(and am also surprised, because somehow it's still helpful - especially in the genres section)
arshuk chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
Oh Gosh! This was aaamazing! I died laughing. (this is my ghost typing). Thank you so much for sharing with us that awesome guide. Looking forward to something as sarcastic as that.