Reviews for Cripple Me
Spencer5460 chapter 1 . 4/22
Gosh that was awfully good. Hutch was so tender and caring when Starsky needed him but when the situation reversed Starsky really pulled himself together. A real testament to their friendship and how strong they are as a team. This story shows why we love them so much.
MaryEllen309 chapter 1 . 1/9
Beautiful! I was hoping there would be a story continuing the Bloodbath story. Thank you.
Bama122 chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
This was so good. Thanks!
P. Alexander chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Wow this was so awesome. You captured the love between S & H perfectly, it was like watching it on the television. You did a great job. Can't wait to read more of your writings.
booM7boo chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
I was wondering...now what would get Starsky back to well, being Starsky? Should have known...of course, it would be Hutch getting hurt or in danger! Well done!
Ghostreader chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
I like any story related to the episode Bloodbath including this one - but I thought the hospital scene getting Starsky checked out was a bit rushed espec considering the fact he was knocked out at the courthouse, beaten bu cult members with bats and chains, burned, drugged, and the Dr didn't even mention his burn or ruined wrists. I just wished this was more about Starsky opening up to Hutch abt the horrors he was put thru (incl what we didn't see on the episode). I did enjoy it though, can't expect every story to include everything every reader wants :-) lol
springfieldbluebird chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
This was...just great! I love how you write Hutch comforting Starsky after such a bad experience. It reminded me of the other story you wrote with the Pink Floyd song lyric. I was hoping I'd find another story with the same dynamic and here it is. It almost feels like there should be more at the end (probably just my wishful thinking!), but I like how you left it. We know that these two guys will work it out, they're already on the path. I love your writing!
Paula UK chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Oh, I enjoyed that so much.
As a previous reviewer said the constraints of a weekly series means they recover far too quickly for realism, so it is great that writers like yourself fill in some of the gaps and show us the recovery far more authentically.
Many thanks.
Paula
casbar chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
Absolutely brilliant, do love Starsky hurt/comfort and on 'bloodbath' woo hoo. Thank you and so looking forward to more.
luvthatblueeyedSoul chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Oh my Sandy, this is such a good story. I felt like I was in the same room with the guys, just sitting there watching them because you painted the most realistic picture of them. Didn't see Hutch's accident coming, extra hurt/comfort! Loved the "walking on a wire" line towards the end. Great job!
Shirley Jean chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Another amazing depiction of these two, how they are always there for each other, and will do anything to make sure of it. I like that you did a WHN of the "Bloodbath" Episode, and love how you showed Hutch taking care of his friend and partner. The twist of Hutch needing Starsky was great! Well done!
CurlyGod chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Ok! For starters I must say that for me, a despondent Starsky is just weird -to say the least- so I can hardly imagine him coping in this way... (except for his reaction in "Blindfold"). On the other side, you really found a pretty nice way to make him react poor guy! messing with his partner... of all things! poor Starsk! That was really twisted! and I must confess that I love those "guilt trips" they (especially Hutch) are always getting into! Nice work! but now I'm begging you please this must have a sequel, since now I need to know but now I REALLY NEED TO KNOW the extent of the cruelties and damage that Marcus's goons did to him while his ordeal to make him react the way he did... Sweet, well written... an everyday story that I really appreciate in its little details... the comforter, the fact that Hutch took him to the Hospital no matter whether Starsky wanted or not... little little details...
Ciotolik chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Sandy... As usual your story has talked directly to my heart, to my stomach, to my soul.
As I have already told you, I love episode related fiction, especially when it fills the gaps in the original show. I've always thought it was too easy and never really explained how Starsky recovered after Marcus, as well as Hutch should have needed some time to heal after Forest. These parts are cut in the series and everything is closed with a final joke but it's impossible and it isn't realistic. So thank you for these developments of the human side in all of these stories.
Moreover, I should add that these dynamics are so close to the lives of everyone who reads and can recognise the process: being hurt and running away.. and then suddenly coming back to reality only when we have the feeling we are losing someone we took for granted.. it's a very interesting psychological pattern we should be aware of .. and maybe we can even learn something from that.
Thank you for the amazing read!
kristleap chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
I loved the story. Bloodbath was one of my favorite episodes. In the midst of all the hurt and anguish you had me laughing out loud. I loved it when Hutch told Starsky to talk to him and his response was Gerald Ford. Your story and the song fit perfectly. Once Hutch was hurt Starsky forgot his own problems. Their love and concern for each other shines through in your story.