Reviews for Halo: Total Eclipse
Guest chapter 4 . 5/25/2014
when are going to update
Drexal15 chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
Eh too much telling, and not showing for me.
Wiselord chapter 2 . 5/3/2014
Oh the irony, they are consumed and turned against their own species lol
Wiselord chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
not bad, but the beta were defeated a bit to easily. humanity always has had the technical advantage but the beta have endless numbers and can use carbon, which includes both their and humanities fallen, to recycle their forces. This doesn't mean that the opening engagement won't or can't be a curb stomp, but especially when near a hive becoming burried underneath the onslaught is a significant risk. Use numbers to avoid master chief becoming OP
Guest chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Always wanted more from the total eclipse story. It was just so sad and ended so abruptly. Thanks for this.
Teleri Sina Atari chapter 4 . 4/30/2014
I am curious as to how things will turn out from here, will the unsc share tech or will they deem the earth here unprepared for the upliftment, which I believe is the way to go, the new titan is anyways way too advanced to fathom and since you state that it costs as much as an infinity class to develop its better to assume that human economy here wont be able to sustain here. perhaps the unsc can help when things get tough, in the mean time they could get a working FOB on earth and have work on developing some more mechas like that, since the titan is way too unique.

Anyways, I wanna thank you for introducing me to MUV-LUV, its seriously a great mecha series since I havent been able to admire any mecha series after watching 'macross frontier'. Also it would be great if you could provide a link to some image or sort to how you imagine how you intend the titan to look like.
edboy4926 chapter 4 . 4/29/2014
Good chapter.
Dp11 chapter 3 . 4/26/2014
I think this cool. I am pretty sure yui and kazuha will admire chief and that admiration may turn into a crush I guess when they get older. The unsc may have trouble with the politics there since they are humanity united while the nations on earth in muv luv verse is still acting in it's own self interest. They can terraform any land mess up by beta no problem if the unsc intends to reclaim territory for humanity. I think you kept MC from being occ was good.
Sonicfanx1 chapter 3 . 4/25/2014
No, in my opinion - it was a bad idea to reveal the UNSC 3 chapters into the story. Unlike my story (which isn't all too in depth), yours had a lot of potential for shock and awe. It would have gave me GREAT SATISFACTION if I could have seen the UN, 'Merica, Jap, Russia, etc's reaction to the UNSC. It would have had a much larger impact if you hadn't shown them the Liberty Prime so soon.

Now, you can remedy this by giving them a drug that will make them forget whatever happened. Simple actually, give them the drug, tend to their wounds and make them forget about John and the Liberty Prime. Then leave them somewhere in the wreckage so when the Imperial Army discovers them, they wouldn't be too suspicious.

Again, this is just my preference. I would like the revelation to be a little bit later into the story.

Also, the 3 year gap...

There are 2,824,752,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 BETA in the universe. I am not kidding, this is actually in the Visual Novel.

I have two suggestions for you:

Either have the UNSC monitor Earth (2) for the time being.
Or you can have them contact the UN and the nations on Earth (2) and start from there.

Either way, 3 chapters in is far too soon. I'd like it if it was chapter 6 or chapter 7 since the build up would be sufficient.
Sonicfanx1 chapter 2 . 4/25/2014
A little fact:

The Rank of Master Chief Petty Officer is actually lower than 2nd Lieutenant or 1st Lieutenant, which I assume the cadets are at least 2nd Lieutenant. Then again, in Muv-Luv Alternative, the main characters didn't become 2nd Lieutenants until they graduated and passed their training.

Sticking to the topic of ranks, the rank of MCPO is 8 ranks UNDER the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade in the US Navy. I'm assuming that MCPO is the same as a Sergeant Major (in the US army), which is again, 8 ranks under the rank of 2nd Lieutenant.

Now, about the story:

Yay. I get another chapter. Too bad I FORGOT TO ADD THIS TO FOLLOW AND DIDN'T GET THE NEXT TWO CHAPTERS READ!
ThePizziaMan chapter 3 . 4/25/2014
Paring?
edboy4926 chapter 3 . 4/25/2014
Awesome chapter.
fray253 chapter 2 . 4/25/2014
More please
Teleri Sina Atari chapter 2 . 4/24/2014
no, cliffhangers ! damn that was brutal
edboy4926 chapter 2 . 4/24/2014