Reviews for Rick and Mary
Racecarlock chapter 6 . 8/25/2017
This was really good. I'm glad you finished it. Could easily be canon with the actual show.
Anonymous chapter 6 . 5/7/2017
Lol this is my new headcannon. And the backstory in the show isn't acuratte because it's totally fabricated, so this still works as a really goddamn good headcannon! Fuck yes!
Guest chapter 4 . 5/4/2017
Good reference of back to the future
Regularfan5 chapter 6 . 4/21/2017
DAMN! This was SOOO goodddd! so sad to see it's over.
Wholesome-FF chapter 6 . 11/5/2016
Great idea, great writing, great everything. Cheers to you for such an awesome story, and well used hour of reading! Another one to the favs. list for certain! :)
Rosie0900 chapter 6 . 2/15/2016
it was 20 years but still really good :)
2 angryunicorns chapter 6 . 1/30/2016
And you totally went down that road...I almost tought while reading this was that humans are stupid , especially the intelligen
lizzybudd chapter 6 . 11/6/2015
Hey i just wanted to say that this is a great story. I think you nailed Rick's character. I have only just discovered the cartoon and am hooked on it, your portrayal of him as a younger man is funny and feels genuine. Love your work! :)
Phen chapter 6 . 10/26/2015
I just loved this whole story, you did a great job with portraying Rick's character even in his younger years! You inspired me to make my own take on Beth's mom actually!
SailingSky chapter 6 . 10/20/2015
That was both brilliant and sad. Hope you post another one!
Master Edge 2 chapter 6 . 10/14/2015
I really liked this one, CToon. It's sad to see that Rick and Morty is a small fandom on this site, but I'm happy that I still found an awesome story in it..

First off, I liked how Rick was a different person, yet still retained many of his qualities in the show. Sure he wasn't the wacky wuba luba dub dub from the show, but when he called out that he and Marry were HIV positive, I knew you pretty much nailed the younger Rick. Thought I think his shuddering may have been a bit overdone (if this is before his uncontrollable alcoholism.)

In regards to Mary. I want to see her in the show. I just want ONE scene talking about Rick's marriage, and including his ex-wife as a character. If they do end up doing that, then I want her to be Mary so badly. The only person I could see Rick having something with is an intelligent, caring, charming, and loving bitch. Heavy emphasis on bitch, that's the most important part of the equation that made Mary just an awesome character.

One thing that bothered me was the switch between passed tense and present tense. It kind of threw me off and made things seem a little sloppy. I'm sure there was a reason for it, but I'm no genious and it was lost on me. :p

Otherwise, i was a very nice read. Keep being awesome and writing awesome things. Cheers.

- Edge.
SynDeath chapter 6 . 9/29/2015
This was an awesome story. It felt so in character and real, the development and explanations are great!
Eli chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
Fantastic and very believable dialogue. Whole thing was cute and well put together- great job. :)
shwarmi chapter 4 . 9/20/2015
okay first of all- i love this so much, its so fantastic and amazing, and i love rick's stutter, it's fucking genius and in plain sight in the show which just makes it even more genius, and yeah. i love it. i really do. i just have a few questions? and you can ignore these or use them as prompts or whatever you want to just- in this story, how does unity (rick's ex) come to play? (or that weird screamy monster blob he unfreezes and then kills in the end of that same episode?) how does he meet morty as a baby if he doesnt come back in 30 years (it was briefly visually mentioned in the episode that showed evil morty)? also, what does mary do in those 30 years? how does she take summer and raising a kid? does she get remarried? does she die? divorce when he comes back? why is rick's (ex?)wife never mentioned by beth and her family? what happens when this rick meets the council of ricks? do they tell him about their marys? does he meet ternage morty before the 30 years are up via time/space travel hiccup? is this how he meets birdperson? how do you think he learned about the translation of "wubba lubba dub dub"? does he use mr. meseeks for help in this journey to get back home? i dunno man, this IS just a fanfuc, but still- if you ever decide on your own and for your own enjoyment to make more? i guess there's some prompts for you? i dunno, i just read this, fell in love with your work and writing style and interpretation of rick, and was heartbroken to see this was your only piece. hope to see more of you man, definitely gonna follow and favorite all your shit :)
LalaXI chapter 6 . 9/15/2015
Hahaha, really good story, you don't imagine how I laughed (which was a problem since my mom was giving a yoga class downstairs). And this ending, soo sad... Please keep updating.