Reviews for A Long Way Down to the Bottom of the River
hansbmd chapter 1 . 3/17
That was very well done! I thought Kili was a goner for sure for a moment there. In particular, I liked how you wrote Thorin, not openly emotional, but he loves his nephews. Very well done!
Evildarkwolf chapter 1 . 3/16
This was amazing! It was amazing written and everything about it was super. Best hobbit fic I've ever read! It was easy to read great detail. Love the whimp and family greaf Great job
TheHornyVirgin chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Amazing! I literally almost cried! I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for angsty stories and this one did not disappoint! I loved how you portrayed Thorin's emotions and his love for his nephews. I love those three so much! They're my favorite characters in the movies! Keep up the great work! :D
LRoseC chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Well done :) and I caught the song reference in the title and just saying I loooove that song
4everindscripts chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
Not too shabby indeed! Pretty good actually. I like the backstory you put in. And I've read quite a few fics of this story as well and am adding this to my favorites :) I also love how you added towards the end there, how Kili (and Fili) provide others with the hope and strength to go on, not just Thorin and how they are a prime example of what they are fighting for. I thought that was just beautiful. Write more! :)
Iamlizshort chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
That was a lovely little "extended scene" from the book. I enjoyed your little back story with Dis before you went into the real plot of the story. It definitely added a lot of emotion to the story. Great job! I enjoyed it!
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
That was suspenseful, and for a moment there, I truly believed that Kili had died, and would stay that way.
GUEST chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
You should really write some more Hobbit stuff! I really enjoyed your story
Guest chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
Good story... i love kili hurt too... also think this scene should have been in the film but at least we had the arrow scene!
WeirdyMcWeirderton chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
Absolutely loved this! I have read many stories about Kili and Fili going after the horse and almost drowning, as well as writing one myself, and every one has Kili chasing the horse first and then Fili following after him. haha. Love it!
TheDwarfess chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
i like your story of that scene from the book. it was well written. although there is a mistake when thorin says that he's cursed. you wrote "first his grandfather, then his brother, his GRANDFATHER and now ... now kili" i'm sure you meant FATHER :-)
go on!

TheDwarfess
ps: where did you get that picture for this story? i searched for it everywhere but couldn't find it. can you post the link on your profile please?
an idea: what do you think of a naer-drowning thorin next time? but in his gold not in water.
leggomygreggo2 chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
really good i loved it! i hope you write more kili/fili fics!
jaymzNshed chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Holy cow that was amazing! Of course not the drowning and near death experience that happen to Kili... that had me freaking out!, but the overall story was so awesome and so well-written... augh you had me near tears! There was so much emotion going through it... ugh, I loved it so much I can't explain it! ;)

I LOVE Fili and Kili (and Bofur too! ;) )! They were my favorites before the Peter Jackson decided to make a movie of the Hobbit... so if anything happens to either of them, I freak out! (Which is ironic because I love a good whump story, and anything related to that category...)

You should definitely continue to write more fan fiction, you wrote so nicely in this story that I'm curious to see what you will come up with next. :) And if you need any ideas, I might have a few that I'll PM to you...like you, I've read a WHOLE lot of Hobbit fanfics, and I have all these ideas, i just have to actually write them, and find a way to download them, etc... It'll be nice to share one of my idea! :)

Anyhoo, enough of my rambling... Great story, I truly enjoyed it! )
Cheers! jaymzNshed _