Reviews for Read to Him, Martin
sz3ianne chapter 1 . 12/28/2019
A wonderful continuation of the evening, DM being very logical on just touching Louisa. Taking the real words MC uses with his wife and transferring them into your story was heaven. Thank you so much for the story; read it sometime back and enjoyed it a second, maybe even a third time.
nature of things chapter 1 . 9/4/2016
Good solution and very Doc like
Rad chapter 1 . 3/8/2016
An excellent piece. I loved it!
4runners chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
I read this story over a year ago and loved it then. It sounds so much like what would likely be going through Martin's head at this time. Everything's so new and overwhelming to him and he wants to do the right thing. Love the words, "best not". That is quintessential Martin! So glad to have wandered upon it again today and to have a chance to post a review. Just the sweetest ending!
red2013 chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
Great story to read from martin's perspective.
Boots1980 chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Very realistic continuation of the night Martin read to James
reallybodmin chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Oh my gosh! Absolutely great! Loved this. I love that scene where the baby smiles at him. Martin Clunes' greatest talent, to me, is his lovely velvet voice. No wonder the baby smiled. I thought that scene was fantastic. That was a lucky day for the cameraman or woman, and for us, when he or she caught that little smile. Great story to fill it in. Thanks.
ke0212 chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Loved this little story - so full of exactly what Martin must have thought. Very well done
DeclanS chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
Martin isn't naturally given to spontaneity, even concerning the smallest of gestures. You get into his head very nicely as he vacillates about whether holding Louisa's hand is a wise thing to do.
Thanks for another great vignette into the behind the scenes activity of Martin and Louisa.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
Susie ...great moment to explore...S5 was a difficult, puzzling period. Good job...luv.
lemster1 chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Very nice - and believable.
Bodmin chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Martin thinks too much. Sometimes it would be better for him to follow his instincts. He wants to do it right, that's why he muddles it up.
spottedhorse chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
Love the peek into his head. It is so hard for him to act on his feelings, he is so timid. I think you captured that well here along with his inner debate and/or confusion.
Chapin chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
The smallest gesture means so much between them. No insecure teenager is as timid as Martin. No doubt about his concern for his Luv. More from your pen is welcome.
Lizzie.cUS chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
What a great little ficlet :-) S5 often left us hanging and wondering what happened between what we were shown. Thank you for sharing your imagination. The other episode where I wondered what happened afterward was when they finally named James Henry. Louisa told Martin to shut up, but it seemed like the whole scene needed a resolution. We weren't given much (to say it in so many words).