Reviews for Past an Hour the Prospect's Black
batrax chapter 1 . 3/21
Brilliant.
ardvarkeating101 chapter 1 . 3/15
JK Rowling occasionally for how fucking nuts it would be for kids to be put in life threatening situations, I'm glad in this Harry acted appropriately. :D
musme chapter 1 . 3/10
I like it
Warrioress Eagle chapter 1 . 2/22
Come on, but I would NOT like to lodge a complaint against you. Why, why, why, will you never write something bad?!
stars90 chapter 1 . 2/21
That was a terrific idea! Taking a hostage for a hostage.
Bronze chapter 1 . 1/30
I wonder how the headbastard would take it had Harry stood up and said to everyone " I forfeit the third task and hereby quit Hogshits and the British controlled magical world! In the four years I've been going to the supposed safest supposed school in the world I have never been safe! Every year I have faced death without any help from any of the teachers! This year I was forced to take part in this tournament even though I'm underage. Four years and four times I've been set up to die. With that I quit! I will go to another country and a much better magical school where Dumbledore has no control over ANY student or staff! My suggestion to all of you is to do the same before he decides to set you up to die also! ". That I'm sure would cause a panic among the staff and especially from the headbastard himself.
Rebmul chapter 1 . 1/15
love it
Aviendha Aviendha Aviendha chapter 1 . 10/19/2016
This ... this is awesome
Niknakkitkat chapter 1 . 10/13/2016
Go Harry! Kick theyre misleading asses! Hostages in a lake in february was the shittiest of ideas but i loved harrys idea for the task lol
Guest chapter 1 . 9/9/2016
Just found this and I love it. I really wish there was a second chapter about the fall out from this.
Brian1972 chapter 1 . 9/5/2016
Well with a certain interpretation of the tournament rules this might even count as a legitimate attempt from Harry to solve the task.
Kshail chapter 1 . 9/1/2016
Got me a bit teared up. Well Done. The Feels...
Scififan33 chapter 1 . 8/15/2016
Served those idiots right!
mab70 chapter 1 . 7/19/2016
Delightful! And sensible!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/21/2016
I like it. *cackles*
Excellent points made by the Champions all, and an excellent demonstration of exactly why this whole arrangement was pretty damn stupid. Some of the ideas for the Tournament sound good in theory but envisioning them in practice shows that they missed some very big key details.
-not telling them not to kill the dragons
-not telling them not to damage the real eggs (NO ONE would have let them borrow their dragon's if they thought they'd lose the eggs unless there was an over-population problem)
-basically telling them outright that their "precious person" was going to die if they failed the task
-expecting people to be pleased to watch a lake from the surface in February with no idea what was going on in it
-expecting people to be pleased watching a hedgerow maze too high to see the Champions through
-not having a way to make sure everyone /only/ entered their /own/ damn names in the first place

And that's just the big ones. I also take umbrage to

-including dress robes on the supply list with no explanation, when many students could have made selections and been measured during the summer but had them made and delivered later because they didn't need them until Yule- instead there was a rush during the summer and then for last minute changes
-thinking that leaving the hosting students with no idea of the event to come until the last possible minute was a /good/ idea
-because how can they make the best impression if they are caught flat-footed?