Reviews for Past an Hour the Prospect's Black
Guest chapter 1 . 5/7/2019
Reasonable reaction based on the knowledge they had. A BAD decision is just that - best available data at the time.
HPandPJO4ever chapter 1 . 4/29/2019
This is really good! Much more realistic! (And also kinda hilarious!)
Olly chapter 1 . 1/11/2019
Putting aside the fact that the cover of the daily prophet the next day is, at least, going to present Harry as an unstable and troubled teen. I don't believe that he could threaten a member of the ministry with a knife and face no legal action.
tyrannicpuppy chapter 1 . 1/7/2019
Harry sure gets creative when backed into a corner. They're lucky it wasn't Hermione, she gets vindictive. I'd love to see them plot together and punish the morons properly for their stupidity. Would be a prank/punishment for the ages.
Bronze chapter 1 . 11/25/2018
Ever since I heard what the tasks were in the book and saw it in the movie I wondered just how moronic the magical world of Briton was. Some years after that I realized that A, Dumbles was actually a Dark lord masquerading as a light wizard and B, absolutely senile! After this, I'd've told that senile old fraud I quit his school, I quit his moronic magical world and finally I quit magical Briton! And he could burn the Dursley's at the stake, tear down Durskaban board by board, burn the lumber and salt the ground it stood on. #4 Privet Dr. was never my home, it was my prison and place of torture starting on 11/01/1981 and continuing every summer since. When the next task came around I enter and sit down doing nothing except maybe reading a good book. Seeing as I'd likely be the last to enter, what reason would I have to bother trying solve the maze and win? And if they threatened to take my magic I'd get up and take a slow walk around before shooting up red sparks. I know for a fact that regardless whether or not Harry were to quit the school Fumblewhore would never allow Harry to actually leave for some other school of magic in some other country. The old fraud is a control freak and could never imagine cleaning up his own mess.
Oliver W.K. Twist chapter 1 . 9/3/2018
Alright this was awesome. That is all.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/28/2018
Awesome idea ! Love it immensely!
Mmars69 chapter 1 . 6/25/2018
Finally a logical reaction to what we were led to believe could have resulted in the loss of the hostages. I can honestly say, I'd have done the same thing Harry did.
Thank you for writing.
ckphrasis chapter 1 . 6/8/2018
I always thought that was dumb. Thank Merlin for this, also Harry has no chill.
articuno13 chapter 1 . 5/18/2018
"and that the tournament wasn't sued out of existence by then."

just wondering; who'd you have to sue? XD the british minster Fudge? the british minstry? Beauxbatons? the french ministry? the french minster? the bulgarian ministry? Durmstrang? the bulgarian minister? the icw? all of the above? grins. I forsee a lot of "no his/her idea sue him/her!"
ReadingReadererReader chapter 1 . 5/9/2018
Yes, this is fab.
InterdimensionalHitchhiker84 chapter 1 . 4/22/2018
Poor Harry. This is. Surprisingly in character for him. I can totally see Harry getting violent to protect the only people who seem to genuinely love him. Thank you so much for writing and sharing!
Shian1998 chapter 1 . 2/18/2018
Absolutely loved this story! Great job with pointing out just how wrong this task was on so many levels. Really loved how each of the champions, especially Harry and Fleur, reacted towards the judges. Far more realistic then how this happened in canon. Hated how in the books everyone made Harry feel foolish for getting so worried, so I'm glad this one-shot had everyone getting worried. Hope the judges learned their lesson from this.

Also, while Ron, Hermione and Cho (teenage Hogwarts students) being forced without consent to take part in this is already bad enough, Gabrielle being put there is so much worse, due to; her young age, her not being part of any of these schools, and also the possibility that she doesn't fully understand English and might not fully understand what's happening. Seriously, what were those pathetic excuses of judges thinking?!

Another fantastic one-shot!
Bronze chapter 1 . 1/15/2018
It would serve Dumbass right if all four supposed champions sued not only the ministry out of existence but him as well. This farce was his idea after all. He fought long and hard to no only get it revived but have Hogshits sponsor it on their grounds. So why not hold him responsible for his decisions? Dumbass has proven over the last four years at that supposed school that he truly doesn't care what happens to Harry just as long as his yearly plans go through. So Harry really should realize that staying there and attempting to truly learn anything is extremely foolish. So he should get to Gringotts, check out his money status then get the hell out of Britain! Dumbass created Voldemort by giving him an extremely poor life growing up. Now he's done the same thing to Harry. Hoping to not create another dark lord.
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 1/4/2018
hehe I'd love to see a follow up in which the Tournament is sued out of existence
143 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »