Reviews for Edge of Chaos: The Tenth Hunger Games
Grand Coconut chapter 6 . 1/3
it would really suck if jai was reaped. two siblings dead in back to back years.. that would be really unfair. the girl wasn't too memorable, but cyne seems pretty interesting.
Grand Coconut chapter 5 . 1/2
mathias is smart and i have a feeling he will make an impression in the capitol. I don't know why, but im just not too fond of avalia :/
Grand Coconut chapter 4 . 1/2
wait is there a plague going around? omg that's scary. astra seems like a potential bloodbath honestly. and i can't get over how much i hate the boy's name. koray? ooookkk. anyway, a plague is such a cool idea! well not cool since it's a plague, and they're deadly you know... but it's definitely creative.
Grand Coconut chapter 3 . 1/2
he volunteered to escape his girlfriend? hAHAhAHAA WHAT. that's a new idea! sura didn't catch my attention, but hadrian's scene was definitely amusing.
Grand Coconut chapter 2 . 1/1
i have a feeling alicante is going to be very sadistic in the arena. he is interested in autopsy and is going to show everyone what an "artist" he is... ok so he's most definitely going to be sadistic... and probably very exciting.

thea.. im not crazy about her, but only because she doesn't seem that special. maybe as we see more of her, she'll become more dynamic... we'll see.
Grand Coconut chapter 1 . 1/1
I'd forgotten how professional harakuise was. and he's only what, like 14 or 15? his little system in district five for exposing rebels is so creative.

and including his little speech about each tribute on his victory tour was a great idea. like instead of saying heloise was stupid for running for the cornucopia, he said she was brave. very well played. and a good idea!
IndigoStarling chapter 39 . 9/21/2014
That was beautiful and I have no words.
Aileen's feather chapter 39 . 9/20/2014
Woaw, this is... the end? Already? Jeez...

This is so cute, I can't even... The fact that Care called Lander because she needed the motivation, but then knows that he isn't up either was so cute. They know eachother really well and ugh... I ship Larolina.

A lot.

Really.

And that whole idea with the story-telling was really nice and funny and sad and heartbreaking at the same time. How you can feel all these things at the same time? I have no idea. But apparently, you can.

I think the one that got me the most was District ten. When I read that Maeren's sister told that 'You did this' to Carolina, I thought that it was normal to think that way, but my heart skipped a beat you know? The way it does when you feel bad about something. Then, when Lyre's family came in, I felt like crying, too. They were such nice people...

Anyway, Lander does care about others. Well, alright, others than Carolina. He watched out for little sister Mabel, that was so sweet. Nicoline's and Shaw's little sister. I'm glad Care took her in. The fact that she said something like she needed someone to care about made me feel all fuzzy inside.

God, you're mean. We already who the winners are, and Mabel isn't among them. It could be a good thing or a bad thing. Good thing that she might never had her siblings bad luck, or bad if she did and died in the process.

I sure hope not.

I want to know.

Ugh.

Anyway, this was so awesome and interesting, I don't even know what I'm going to do now. After school, I always go on my computer to check for your story and how Care is doing, but now...

IT'S OVER :'(

But there is the other SYOT, so I'll have something to look forward to again :D

Thank you so much for this, Elim!
bobothebear chapter 39 . 9/20/2014
I swear, if someone submits Mabel, I'm going to flip .-.

Was I pleased with Carolina as victor? Wholeheartedly. Did I prefer Thea at the time? ...yes.

But now, seeing her develop drastically with the grief and the guilt, I can't imagine a better choice. The interaction between Carolina and Lander is literally perfect :') -i ship it-

All of the 'story-telling' sessions were flawless and funny and painful all at once to read. I adored Oscar, Stellar, Lisle, and Chenoa. Bastien was written perfectly, as well :3

Ah, the end of EOC. This story is, by far, the best I've ever read or been a part of :)

Very excited for Born to Die :D
torystory93 chapter 39 . 9/20/2014
Oh I just loved this so much. :)

Still shipping Lanolina.

Little Mabel, aww she's so cute.

Love how Carolina is kind of taking care of her now.

Thanks for an awesome story,
torystory93
kopycat101 chapter 39 . 9/20/2014
Not surprised that Alicante was everyone's favorite death. We ALL pretty much just wanted him to die, haha :')

THIS IS SO CUTE WTF, STOP IT
I CANT HELP BUT SHIP LARE/LAROLINA/WHATEVER YOU CALL IT, BECAUSE THEIR INTERACTIONS ARE AMAZING
Okay, first- I found it hilarious that Care asks Lander to motivate her to get up, and then she promptly falls. Then he asks HER to do it for him. And they both know each other so well that they KNOW when the other isn't fully up on their feet yet. And them yelling at one another doesn't faze them, it actually makes them HAPPY, like WTF I CANT EVEN

Hmmmm- Lander's right, the Victory Tour is something Care simply has to go through. She didn't know any of the tributes, so she should just get it over as quickly as possible
Mabel...? Shaw and Nicoline's baby sister?
Ah, so Care only had her mother- right, I remember now. And her mother is sad that Care's in pain, that she's changed, so she chanced with moving back out.
If Care's alone, then she really DOES need someone to take care of her *yells off in the distance: JUST STAY WITH LANDER ALREADY* And the poor girl's already lost her siblings- Lander nor Care could help either- and would need the work so she wouldn't STARVE. Because, wow, her parents are super-devastated that they lost TWO children already, it's no WONDER their family is falling apart and Lander feels bad. Poor little Mabel needs Care as much as she'll need the kid.
HMMMMM, Care's got a plan...Got a plan to make the speeches memorable, but not rebellious, and Lander's got her back!

WOW, CARE AND LANDER'S PLAN IS BRILLIANT
THIS IS RESPECTFUL AND IN-LINE, PLUS GIVES THE GRIEVING FAMILIES OF FRIENDS OF THE TRIBUTES A WAY TO CHANNEL THEIR MEMORIES AND ENERGIES

Poor Arianna really DIDN'T get the chance to go down fighting, as she would've wanted, but it WAS painless...
Ugh, poor Hendrix, Alicante's first victim...At least Care killed Alicante, but HENDRIX WAS TOO NORMAL AND NICE

What...What the FUCK. HOW. WHAT.
I ONLY THOUGHT THAT BINIX AND MYCR WERE FRIENDS, NOT THAT SHE AND SHER DID THE HORIZONTAL TANGO AND SHE HAD HIS CHILD. HO LY SHITAKE NOODLES. I DID /NOT/ FUCKING SEE THAT COMING.
YOU MEAN SHER, THE MOST EGOTISTICAL, BRILLIANT /NERD/ WAS NOT A VIRGIN WHEN HARA STUCK HIM? WO W
Poor Dallas...I'm still sad about his death, urk.

Not surprised that poor Chenoa is shaken because of Maeren's horrifying death, because the little brat DID volunteer for her... And Care left her to die a horrible death, er...
AWWWWW, LYRE'S FAMILY IS SO NICE AND WONDERFUL AND WOW, THEY SOUND LIKE THE WEASLEYS

But if Care actually TRIED to help her, it wouldn't be able to save Ardrey whatsoever...And it could've changed Care's fate. *shrug*
IM STILL CRYING OVER CORMAC
HE WAS TOO GOOD FOR THIS WORLD
TOO GOOD FOR /EVERYTHING/ *weeps*

My heart's still breaking over poor Bailey loosing her parents AND HOW STERLING and Rana ARE BOTH DEAAAAD
Kaji had a girlfriend who loved him and was there for him despite all the SHIT he went through? RIP my heart :')
What Care did at that time was really impulsive, and she certainly wasn't thinking, but it was THE BEST choice to ever happen in the Games, tbh

RIP MY HEART FOR POOR BASTIEN, LIKE DAMN BOY, I DONT THINK YOU'LL EVER GET OVER THE DEATH OF MARJANI AND ESHAN

Poor little Row...And Theia really only did everything in survival, killing, getting supplies...she didn't even like the decisions she made, but she made them anyways to survive.
Awwwww, little Jai is there...
UGH, I still love Cyne, and Brie, and EVERYONE. SOMEONE HOLD ME
Hmmmmm and of course Harakuise is there. That she says she'd regret it more if she DIDN'T know the families, the tributes...And how he encourages her, that she was getting close to finishing.

Yeah, Avalia really did a 180 in the Arena...She became paranoid, and did things she'd never have done.
Awwww, poor girl. Mathias really was full of himself, incredibly confident, so it IS hard to know if he ever cared for his sister...
But she's right. Everyone deserves someone, even if Care's someone moved out because she couldn't stand how her daughter changed.

WOW, POOR OSCAR, HOT DAMN
THAT PLAGUE, MAN. AND NO ONE BUT THE D3 CITIZENS KNOW.
Yup, I can see why Koray's brother is bitter for Care winning. Because KORAY WAS TOO NICE AND AMAZING, and Care left her allies for dead.

Poor Sura...Sigh, all she went through...
UGH, HADRIAN IS STILL KILLING MY HEART, MAN.
BUT IN HIS FINAL MOMENTS, HE LET THE RIBBON GO, AND BECAME SO DETERMINED, AND I JUST- Hadrian didn't deserve iiiiit

There she is- Stellar, next year's Victor. Damn, she's catty. I can see that the tension between her and Care will always exist.
It IS easier...Poor Mr Morgan- sorry for how fucked up your son turned out.

Yup, Care's now definitely questioning everything, after getting to know the other tributes through their loved ones.
But Lander's right. I think he said a similar thing to Vester last Games- no one who wins the Games deserves it, because there's no scale. They're alive, the others aren't.
And with him by her side, I'm sure that she can keep moving one day, one, step, at a time.

AWWWWWWW
MABEL
MAAAAAABEL
AND CARE
THAT'S SO CUTE, AND I HOPE THAT MABEL DOESNT EVER GET REAPED
THE GIRLS NEED EACH OTHER AND THEY'RE ADORABLE AND THEY CAN HELP EACH OTHER SO MUCH

Awwww, that's right- the 11th Games will be Mabel's first Reaping, as well as Care's first time Mentoring.
At least she finally managed to coax Mabel out
And now, for Lander
Lander really is getting slightly more mellow. He's still bitingly honest and sarcastic, but he's so much NICER around Care -and even Mabel. Helping and joking with Care. Awww
AND THEY ALL GO TOGETHER TO THE REAPING LIKE A FAMILY
FUCK

Okay, I have a headcannon that Lander and Care just get SO close that everyone wonders when the fuck they're going to get married. Like, EVERYONE. Even Hara teases Lander, and he just retorts that the only person who looks like they'd get married is Jade, and it's only a matter of him getting Ivy to accept or marrying a D1 girl.
And even after the 1tth Games, the Capitol still prints articles on Lander and Care's relationship every few years, with theories on them. Most theorize that they've adopted Mabel as their daughter, or that they're married legally via paperwork at D8's Justice Building. Pictures of them always walking together and holding hands circulate like crazy. Paparazzi constantly hounds their 'status'.

And of course Lander and Care are just like 'wtf is EVERYONE ON' 'WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK WE'RE MARRIED?'.
But, it's like...They do all these couply-type things, and are just constantly close to one another. They ACT like they're married. But they're just the closest thing to being married without ACTUALLY being married, and without actually romantically loving each other.
And by the time the 25th Games comes around, they're both indifferent to the articles and speculations and teasing. They're soulmates/best friends and don't care anymore.
Deuce Ex Machina chapter 39 . 9/20/2014
It's all over now.

Okay, that moment at the beginning between Carolina and Lander was cute. Lander's finally calling her Care now, haha.
I like Carolina's idea of getting the families and friends of each tribute to tell their stories, it's a really original idea.

Never forget.
Always remember.

And so begins Carolina's journey as a mentor.
Khloe Grace chapter 39 . 9/20/2014
Wow! What a great idea to let all of the friends and family tell about their tributes. That would have been SUPER hard for Carolina to do. What a great story! I can't wait for the next, and for your sister's!
Starry-eyed dreamer86 chapter 14 . 9/13/2014
My favorite in this chapter was probably District Nine. I like their dynamic.:)

Great job!
torystory93 chapter 38 . 9/13/2014
Amazing chapter.

I love Carolina as victor.

I'm really sorry to say this, but I ship Larolina...

They balance out each other perfectly, and I love it . Love it!