Reviews for nine2five 2,9 Dead Like Me
fezzywhigg chapter 4 . 5/27/2015
Nice cliffhanger! I really enjoyed your take on phase three. Words as opposed to film (as well as your general take on things) allow the characters to be a bigger part of the story. That may sound confusing but what I mean is that your story gives more participation to characters like Carina, Ellie and even Casey. More involvement that makes a richer story. Thanks.
fezzywhigg chapter 3 . 5/27/2015
Spot on with the Dark Ellie! She is Frost's daughter after all ;) I'm enjoying it. Everything I said about Chuck being an Ace when necessary applies to Ellie too...Thanks.
fezzywhigg chapter 2 . 5/27/2015
I liked the phrase "pirating language". I was always surprised Vivian didn't have a crush on Chuck in canon. Turning on him seemed forced as well. I'm glad you're exploring those subjects. I think Chuck as ultimately an ace has always intrigued me and inspired my affection for the character. I know that he will have a lot to go through but I am looking forward to the twists and turns on his journey.
fezzywhigg chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
I'm really enjoying the story you are telling. Thank you for more detail and character development.
resaw chapter 4 . 5/20/2014
I quite enjoy reading about the uncharacteristically bold and determined Ellie. For too much of the time she was out of the loop in canonical Chuck.

I continue to be fascinated by the way you are weaving together different parts of the canon into a new story. I suppose I might be a bit disappointed that Sarah's re-connecting with Chuck at the end of Phase Three was not repeated here, but what would be the point, anyway? It also makes Frost's pressure on Sarah to assist her that much more significant if they had to leave before Sarah really had confirmation that Chuck was fully on the mend (at least, I don't see his recovery in this chapter).

As I've observed before, I'm not usually a big fan of reading dream sequences, but I thought Chuck's state of mind was conveyed quite well.

You didn't dig into it a great deal, but I enjoyed your brief exposure of Sarah's inner thoughts to your readers following the fight. And I also like the last few lines where Sarah decides that Sarah Bartowski must cease to exist until the mission is accomplished.

Finally, Vivian is not a big fan of Sarah, as I recall, so the last two lines in this chapter come across rather ominously...

Thanks!
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 5/17/2014
I loved how Sarah demolished the camp in her search for Chuck. I loved how Frost was her companion. I loved how Ellie, Casey and Carina came across Sarah's actions but she was nowhere to be seen. Please continue.
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/17/2014
Why wouldn't Sarah just shoot Mary in the knee and leave with Chuck? Hell, this dumbass agreement with Volkoff was completely for naught - the rest of Team Bartowski would've saved Chuck anyway.
resaw chapter 3 . 5/14/2014
I really enjoyed the darker edge you've given Ellie here. You've redeemed the character who was so often excessively controlling, whiny, and out of the loop in canon. She's not a trained assassin; she's a doctor. So, instead of beating people up, she uses a hypodermic needle to get what she wants.

And of course, it is great to see Beckman NOT in control of the situation. She seems more or less unflappable as usual, and she is always thinking of possible outcomes, including employing the gambit of plausible deniability, but I like that she is reacting to a situation, rather than controlling the agenda.

I also appreciated the way you fleshed out the relationship between De Smet and Mueller. Again, the power of the written word to explore characters in a deeper way, and with greater nuance, compared to the limitations of watching events unfold on a screen.

A great chapter!
Molotov chapter 3 . 5/11/2014
Wow, there's a whole lot of things coming to a head here.

Three times now Chuck has been abducted. And now another persona is fighting for control. Maybe he should retire. All this can't be good for his blood pressire.
Molotov chapter 2 . 5/11/2014
How interesting, blending Phase Three with the Undercover Sarah stuff. Maybe. Maybe this all changes in the next chapter. Let's see!
Molotov chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
Okay, so you explained Rye for us.
Man. Whazzap with this Carina/Casey thing?! Shit be gettin' cray again.
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 5/10/2014
I loved how Ellie tricked Casey and she is off to Thailand to find Chuck and possibly Sarah. Please continue.
CaryR chapter 3 . 5/10/2014
This is looking better and better. Great story line and kudos for writing the entire family into the rescue. Thanks.
phnxgrl chapter 2 . 5/4/2014
I loved how Casey has been given the antidote. I loved how Sarah has appealed to Volkoff and Chuck is experiencing hallucinations. Please continue.
resaw chapter 2 . 5/3/2014
Well, the dream sequence made sense, despite my general lack of enthusiasm for those sorts of scenarios. The other great thing is the way you are pulling together different parts of canon to recreate your own story, including picking up the Carmichael persona thread again. Thanks for continuing your story.