Reviews for Beneath Sovereign Skies
cckeimig chapter 15 . 7h
Alyx, thank you very much for leaving this up. I am sure it's difficult with all of the "No! Please write the last few chapters!" Or even the ones in the Snorkack group offering to finish it from Bob's notes. I can't believe I only just got around to finally reading this, but Pern fanfiction has not been impressive in the past-this trilogy, however, is up to you guys' excellent standards.
Not a day goes by (blame it on snorkack) that I don't think of you and pray for you during this devastating time. Sheesh, even now I can't stop the tears as I type this.
Praying for peace, hope, and prosperity for you.

Most sincerely,
Christina C. Keimig
Marc the Unruly chapter 15 . 7/20
I've read this story (all 2&1/2 books) over the last week or so and it's been great. Good dialog, believable characters and great plot. Sorry to hear about Bob's illness, I hope he gets better soon. This can be beaten!

Marc
nivekng chapter 2 . 7/11
I cried

And cried

Could actually feel the pain of the dragons

Great writing Bob

Kevin
Gustavia chapter 1 . 7/9
Bobmin died April 2016

Rest in Peace

Alyx you and your husband have given us all many happy times with your wonderful stories

Wow. I am so sorry Alyx. It sounded like he was getting better. I will forever cherish reading all these stories you and him created. From Sunset/Sunrise stories to the Current dragon series.

May Bob rest in peace.
ImulanShine1 chapter 1 . 7/9
I haven't actually started reading beneath sovereign skies yet, in fact I've just finished the first book. However, I skipped ahead to type something you will likely never have the time to read, no slight towards you intended.

Your stories have given me a bright spot of humour and hope in a dark series of days. I know you aren't my therapist, and shouldn't have to hear my problems when you are burdened with your own, but ive been going through a tough time and your dragon riders stories have helped immensely. Your lighthearted stories have given me happiness in the wake of the passing of my mother, aunt, and grandfather, the quality of writing has given me an ideal to strive for, ive even been inspired to finish some of my own stories on AO3.

Bob, and Alyx, i can only hope that you make it through this tough time in your lives unscathed. If not, i hope you have the fortitude to weather the pain. I know i probably sound like a pretentious bastard, and im sorry for that, but this flowery language is the way i felt best to express myself.

In addition, Bob, I want you to know you have my greatest sympathy in your fight against cancer, considering that i lost my mom to it in febuary and my grandfather in march. Alyx, i advise you to keep a puke bucket on hand at all times, which i know from experiance with mom. Granted, youre probably already aware of that, sooo.

In conclusion, i wish there was something more i could do, but as a seventeen year old with a student license and no steady income i dont see how i could help.

Best wishes to you both, Anna.

p.s. Sorry for such a long review

p.p.s. I loved the disclaimers.

p.p.p.s. Hey Alyx, maybe you should read Bob excerpts of the great Who-Who epic while he's down and out, might make him feel a little better.

p.p.p.p.s. Is this even how a p.s. works?
fleurwithme chapter 15 . 7/5
Thank you for your stories. I have enjoyed every minute I spent reading them.
Lapislaz chapter 15 . 6/23
Just checking in to see how you're doing. Here's hoping for the best, whatever that may be for you. Fuck Cancer, and the dragon it rode in on.
himalay1729 chapter 15 . 6/23
nice going. waiting for more updates !
AJ chapter 15 . 6/21
Alyx if you ever read this please know you have my and many other condolences for your loss. You and Bob provided countless hours of enjoyment with the wonderful stories that you created. His will be missed

May you rest in peace Bob.
Crotthof1 chapter 1 . 6/20
Alyx, I am so sorry. When I posted before I had not read Bob had passed. Please take care of yourself. The stories ya'll did helped me in some dark times and the intros made me laugh. Dolly Lama is one of my favorites.
Blessings to thee and thy loved ones.
Crotthof1 chapter 1 . 6/20
Bob, I am glad the chemo is working for you but understand it is hard. Please hang in there. Hugs to you and Alex.
Enjoy your next great adventure. You were a legend of the community.
garibaldiscat chapter 2 . 6/15
Spath! Oh nooooooo! I am seriously crying my eyes out now.
irritatedbookwor chapter 15 . 6/2
I don't know if you'll ever read this, but know that you have my deepest respect, my best wishes and prayers...and the strongest rune-spell[s] I can swat together for your health and healing. My most fervent desire is not just for you to be one of the minority of those who manage to beat lung cancer back (for however long), but for you to be one of the blessed few who manage to punt its tail right out the door with a yell to "never come back!". By all the Powers bright dark and in-between So Mote It Be.

As for the stories? Thank you. I've happily swiped up more than a few here plus a few on your site [that I could get at..] and enjoyed the living daylights out of the lot. Do you have an obsession with doughnut girls? Judging from some of the comments, it's either that or an insane imp with a sweet tooth has been snitching your keyboard while you aren't looking! My only real complaint about this particular story is that I'm having a few problems following what's going on in the Weyr. Still thoroughly tasty though.

As is, I thank you for all the delightful reading. May the strength of the Earth support you and the life of the Wood hold you strong in this time of stress. May Fire burn out the cancer and Wind blow it away-ash and seed. May Water wash you clean and cleanse away all the illness that now troubles you.
1,418 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »