Reviews for Renaissance
StrawberryMoondust chapter 30 . 1/24/2018
Calling it - Nivosus is the Interrogator. Well, not exactly - the Interrogator is impersonating Nivosus, who was probably killed. Interrogator had weird Capitol surgery to look like Actual Nivosus did.
StrawberryMoondust chapter 21 . 1/23/2018
Just my random, scattered thoughts on this - the line about "even covering death, life takes hold" is very poetic and beautiful!

I don't know if I like or trust Lars yet.
StrawberryMoondust chapter 19 . 1/23/2018
Haymitch and Madge are sweet, precious little babies who deserved better in canon. /3 Please stop making me cry.
StrawberryMoondust chapter 17 . 1/23/2018
If you're a Harry Potter fan, as well, you'll know that Dumbledore once said something about "choosing between what is right, and what is easy".

Poor Madge - I can't say what she did is RIGHT, but she DID do what was necessary, and it certainly wasn't easy. And, like Prim, she'll never get to see a world of freedom, a world she helped create.
StrawberryMoondust chapter 14 . 1/23/2018
Oh, Haymitch, no... :/
StrawberryMoondust chapter 10 . 1/23/2018
I'm not going to be able to go through a single chapter without getting misty-eyed or just plain crying, am I? Prim hurts bad enough, but thinking back to Cinna and Portia kills me, too. Even Peeta's prep team, Castor, and Mesalla (sp?), who we barely ever get to meet in-series.

I love the idea of Primrose Square, and of Peeta's statue for her. Buttercup and Lady are a great touch, and I like how you chose to show Prim as a little girl in clothes too big, with her sweet pets - not a soldier Prim, or Prim the Doctor, or anything - just sweet, innocent little Prim who everyone loved.
StrawberryMoondust chapter 9 . 1/23/2018
Losing Prim will never NOT hurt - it was a low blow for Collins to do that to us, though I understand why she thought she had to. It's just...Prim was basically the entire reason the series and it's events happened. If Prim wasn't Reaped, 12 wouldn't have had a volunteer. Peeta likely would have died alongside whatever other girl was Reaped in Prim's place. The Rebellion wouldn't have started.

But Prim WAS and so it all DID, and throughout the series we see less and less of Prim - Katniss just wasn't having as much time as she did before. I see in a way that Prim had to be dead and their worthless mother had to abandon Katniss in order for her and Peeta to ever come together again. If Katniss still had Prim and their mother, she'd devote the rest of her life to Prim and not really bother with Peeta, I think (another reason Gale was used in Prim's death and driven away).

So I guess this is more a small rant on my thoughts on Prim and the actual series, but it was inspired by your chapter and Katniss dealing with the loss of Prim! I think it was handled very well in this chapter and I feel awful for them all - Prim really was so easy to love, especially in your works.
StrawberryMoondust chapter 6 . 1/23/2018
Finnick's death has always just gutted me - he was funny, sweet, and easy to love, and she killed him off in what amounted to a couple of sentences. I'm glad you place more importance on him than the actual series did.
StrawberryMoondust chapter 3 . 1/23/2018
So, in my defense, I'm tired - but, it took me 3 chapters to realize this was a continuation of/sequel to your other story that left me despising Katniss and disgusted with Peeta's patheticness! I was sad when it just ended on chapter 25, so even though this skipped over Catching Fire and Mockingjay, I'm thrilled to have found it and to be reading it! (at first, in my tired state, I just thought it was your take on what happened after the CANON series, not with your other story in the mix lol).

I'm not great at being one of those "review every chapter" kinds of people, because I feel like I mostly just repeat myself and don't add in anything useful, but I WILL do my best to review every few chapters, and when something really strikes me!

For this chapter, it was Buttercup - even in canon, the part with Katniss telling Buttercup Prim is dead has always broken my heart to bits. I'm a cat person, and the idea Buttercup came all the way back from 13 is beautiful; part of me likes to think that he KNEW Prim was gone and came to say goodbye, or because he felt Katniss needed him.

I can't be mad at Katniss and Peeta anymore, not in this - they're just too broken.
Vwchick chapter 41 . 10/29/2015
Great story of Peeta and Katniss falling in love and how the games and the war would've had such a traumatizing effect on them. I did get a little frustrated with Peeta for pulling an "Edward Cullen" and leaving Katniss like in New moon. But I understand Why he did it. This is going on my Fav's list! Thank you!
Vwchick chapter 15 . 10/6/2015
Wow did not see that one coming- makes total sense, but did not see that plot twist- genius!
Vwchick chapter 5 . 10/6/2015
This story is so wonderful! I always thought for as well written as the first books are that mockingjay was lacking towards the end and I think what you are writing here is exactly what is missing. Getting to see Katniss and Peeta heal and fall in love is so much better than the brief half chapter the books gave us in it. And while the flashbacks aren't pleasant, obviously, I think it's nessaciary to show just how much Peeta has to overcome to become the man he does. The books are all in Katniss' head so it's a nice change to read Peetas POV- great story so far and wonderful writing! Going back to read more! Thank you!
MTK4FUN chapter 40 . 7/2/2015
Thank you for this epic story. There are so many postMockingjay stories out there and you have definitely put a new spin onto things. I loved all the twists and turns you included. It was fun to read and very well-written.
MTK4FUN chapter 41 . 7/2/2015
I finally finished reading this epic story. I'm amazed at all the twists and turns you put into it. It was quite entertaining and very well-written. Thanks!
Guest chapter 41 . 7/1/2015
THEY HAVE TO MAKE ANOTHER 2 MOVIES OUT OF THIS WITH THE SAME CAST IM NOT EVEN KIDDING! Not to mention I loved this so so much- one of the best post mockingjay fanfics ever written!