Reviews for The Heart Spoke of No Sin
Guest chapter 46 . 8/15/2014
This story was absolutely amazing, had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. I kept thinking 'no that won't actually happen' but then it did and it shocked the socks off me. Loved every minute of it and all it's twists, very emotional too. Overall a brilliant story, very well written and I loved it, keep up the good work, I'd love to read more. :)
xBookEaterx chapter 46 . 7/28/2014
This was incredibly good! I loved the way you used the angst and the drama from Merlin's character and history in the series and made this nice piece of work! :D
Guest chapter 46 . 7/14/2014
I cannot wait for the sequel. I have enjoyed the story greatly.
Linorien chapter 46 . 7/7/2014
Sequel? Yay!I loved this story and I can't wait for more of your beautiful writing. The Earth Harp was so cool and I'm really glad that Gwaine knows about Merlin's magic. I was surprised that he was going to tell Arthur even if it was for Merlin's sake but I'm glad to see that at the end he realized Merlin would do so when the time was right.
Linorien chapter 19 . 7/6/2014
Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot. I am not a fan of your "closing remarks" in each chapter. They are so perfectly sculpted to tear at the worry I am already feeling for these characters.
ARTmeg chapter 46 . 6/5/2014
haha
I imagine, "But Arthur's shove was a bit too strong and Merlin went sailing over the parapet to the ground below. The end." And even though it's terrible I can't stop giggling.
But I like your ending better. The hug… oh my gawsh. The hug.

I'd just like to say first that the way you handled perspective was amazing, such smooth transitions without making it seem unnatural to read it was really well written. I love how you don't confine yourself, you get everything out there and I've always really liked that about your writing. Also your vocabulary is incredibly impressive.

So… no reveal. But I've decided that with a few exceptions, that's usually for the best since usually when Arthur knows EVERYBODY knows. Merlin's greatest asset is that he can always be at the King's side, no matter where he is, and not have to give any excuse. He's unnoticed, underestimated, not seen as a threat because he's just a servant to most. And while that is sad I believe it's one reason he is so successful in keeping our favorite dollophead alive. Yes the day will come when Merlin will be acknowledged, he'll be seen, everyone will know how awesome and amazing and powerful he is, but until Albion's future is assured he needs to be where he is of most use. Not a dangerous court sorcerer but a simple manservant.

Very smart to have him instead come clean to poisoning Morgana. Impactful enough for it to be convincing to Arthur that that was what Aerona meant, but not the magic reveal. And I like that he didn't immediately forgive Merlin, because I really don't think he would. What Merlin did was cold, cruel even if it did break his heart. Morgana was very dear to Arthur, like a sister and to hear what Merlin did would be devastating. You portrayed it very well.

And again… that hug. And that it was the ending scene made it even better. Bromance is the best.

Thank you for sharing your beautious story, with a well thought out and well written plot combined with excellent use of the english language it's certainly one of my favorite Merlin fan fictions.

Keep on writing!

ARTmeg
ARTmeg chapter 45 . 6/5/2014
So I forgot to say before but above reminded me, my sister read that chapter where he frees the girl from he harp over my shoulder looked at me very seriously and said simply, "I ship it." Before walking away. Made me laugh, thought it might amuse you as well.

Anyways, he moment he "closed his eyes against the rising dawn" was so poetic, so well written. You really feel his agony. And his thoughts on himself becoming a killer, it's a very real thing to Merlin's character. With who he is and what he does, certainly he would have to face those. I think he is indeed a killer, but that that is not the same as being a murderer. To be a killer is not necessarily to be evil actually when you really think about it a lot of characters in Merlin would accurately be described as killers. But they are also the heroes. It's all very deep.

I love that last sentence though, Gaius is very much a father to Merlin.
ARTmeg chapter 44 . 6/5/2014
awwwww poor Arthur. There is so much he doesn't understand.
ARTmeg chapter 43 . 6/5/2014
bum bum buummmmmmm. It's almost time for the reveal. I love how the writers gave us Gwaine as being such a close friend to Merlin. In an old Arthurian story I just read for research he was bit of a villain… I'm glad they changed that. He's definitely a favorite among fans and fanfiction writers. You've written him very well throughout the story, as well as all the others.

Now… onward!
ARTmeg chapter 42 . 6/5/2014
oooooh such a dramatic last statement!
ARTmeg chapter 41 . 6/5/2014
I admit, I find infections much more nauseous than actual wounds. I really do like your use of an infection though, usually withMerlin it's everything gets healed or it's just a clean wound. So nice change of pace. Also… oh my gosh just the entire chapter, so emotional in a new different way. It's like you're determined to include all of the wide spectrums of emotion in this single story. I approve. *slow claps*
ARTmeg chapter 40 . 6/5/2014
I think perhaps for me Gwaine's fear and belief Merlin will never forgive him, as well as his acknowledgement of where he stands in Merlin's heart and loyalties, is maybe one of the saddest thing I have read in this story. I don't know why it just, it really gets to me.
ARTmeg chapter 39 . 6/5/2014
That he believes his last act will be to try and heal Arthur is just beautiful.
ARTmeg chapter 37 . 6/5/2014
I love the visual image I get in this chapter, Merlin has had his becoming.
Guest chapter 27 . 6/1/2014
I still can't get over Arthur calling Aerona a "crazy bitch" haha it's so true. XD