Reviews for And on your head a crown
Continue!
Hektols chapter 7 . 6/6
Very interesting developments.
Hektols chapter 6 . 6/6
So that's the reason this chapter has this name.
Hektols chapter 5 . 6/6
Very interesting group.
Hektols chapter 4 . 6/6
Olenna is a horrible grandmother.

Agree with Arya being nasty to southerners, in diferent circumstances she would have loved to learn from Brienne.
Hektols chapter 1 . 6/5
Great portrait of Margaery.

Agree with Olenna, Cat made a very bad bargain just to cross a bridge.
Seriously Margaery should rule. Robb is an idiot...
sassygirl9811 chapter 11 . 12/15/2016
Noooooo don't just leave it hereee
Elisa chapter 11 . 8/14/2016
It's a shame that you don't post on these story anymore because it's the best Margaery/Robb story I ever read. Actually it's in Top 5 best fanfiction in this fandom. Yes, the last chapter was quite dissapointing, but you still shoul carry pn writing. But think of the things that can happen: Margaery can get pregnant and Robb might start fussing over her. The two of them being crowned in the sept of Baelor and the people reactions when they see the new royal family. Gendry starting to feel jelous towards Robb etc. Please think again about this story and also please excuse my grammar mistakes, English is not my maternal language. Oh, and I love the title.
Cap'n Chryssalid chapter 11 . 7/15/2016
Been on a bit of a SOIF trip lately, filling the void that came with the end of the season...

Say this one recced on a thread, among others, and give it a whirl. Well, to begin with, it is well written and it comes with an understanding of the setting in the books, all a plus. The author noted in one AN that she saw a difference between the show-personalities and the book-ones. I understand that. I'm happy to give technical props where deserved.

But, and there are buts... well, do you remember the memetic "if you think this has a happy ending, you're not paying attention?" If you came into this fic looking for some divergent Robb/Margaery Stark/Tyrell action then you're going to be disappointed. More than that, you're kind of going to get served a ship-sinking in surprise, which was unexpected. This is like a WW2 Q-ship, where you head out and think everything is fine, and then the torpedoes hit and there's fire and sharks and twenty years later you're retelling your story to a marine biologist and a sheriff over shots of whiskey.

Two further problems leads to this. Or, rather, three. The first is a classic problem in a lot of fanfiction: railroading. This is when events in a story still happen in parallel to canon even when situations change. An example would be in a LOTR fic when Frodo gets a spaceship but still walks into Mordor anyway because reasons and maybe just to thumb his nose as Sean Bean. If we flew over then your character wouldn't die, and we can't have that, Sean. Or, here, of the Ironborn still attacking the North even when the situation changes dramatically (I might steal candy from a kid, but I'd hesitate if that kid had a heavily armed bodyguard standing next to him).

The second problem is the out of characterization issue... to an extent, you can expect characters to diverge from their canon selves in any good divergence fic. This is "feature not at bug" territory. But it is a tightrope an author needs to walk. Too much of it, too suddenly, and you've got a problem. This is an issue here for Robb in particular.

Third, the story-cancer that is Jeyne Westerling, who seems to have pulled off a body swap with Margaery, since in this universe, she's the rare beauty and Margaery is the mildly pretty one. That or we just have some very biased viewpoint characters. And basically the moment she shows up, it is like that torpedo in the water or the insane general riding a nuclear bomb in Dr Strangelove. You've heard the phrase "rocks fall, everyone dies?" Just change that to "Jeyne shows up, ruins everything." Forget that moment of weakness stuff from the books. The moment she steps into a room that's it, buddy: game over, man, game over. She's like a weird inverted horseshoe-theory Show!Ramsay Snow who wrecks the storylines not with malice and impossible hypercompetance, but with doe-eyed kindness and sugary sweetness. If you put the two together, they would probably annihilate in a tremendous burst of x-rays and gamma radiation.

A bit of a playful exaggeration, but then you really can see the slow demise of the story when she shows up. There's a bit of a tease at first like: "Oh ho, reader, check this out. That thing you were dreading happened anyway! How do you like them apples?" But then it was followed by another tease: "Or maybe it won't happen? Is this what you want? Huh? I bet you're sighing in relief right now. Okay. Okay. Don't worry. We're moving on." And then: "BAM! Got you SUCKA! Watch it all burn! Watch it all burn! This fic was brought to you by the Pyromancers Guild! Summerhall was in Inside Job!"

Okay, enough fooling around.
TL/DR
Well written technically. I like that it played straight the conquest of the south stuff that usually fics never even get to. Come for the Robb/Margaery Express, stay for the morbidly fascinating trainwreck. Needs: more hatesex at least. Without that, its just kind of a sad failed-marriage-fic. Not the first I've read, either. Ranma 1/2 used to have a few of them, though they were mostly Akane bashfics ("Bitter End" being the most famous). Plus points in retrospect for being a subversion of people's expectations. GRRM would probably approve, haha.
CaptainToast321 chapter 11 . 6/23/2016
Kinda been awhile. Is the story dead?
The Canadian Patriot chapter 11 . 6/13/2016
You have my interest.
Ohyeah100 chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Wonderfully well written! I particularly admire your ability to write the dialogue in an appropriately westeros-like fashion (never once have I uttered the phrase 'the year of the false spring' in casual conversation) without it coming across as forced or unnatural. You've captured the essence of the books brilliantly!
VanillaMostly chapter 11 . 4/22/2016
OMG is Margaery pregnant?
Aiur chapter 7 . 3/3/2016
This chapter was a huge let down, after a pretty consistently good story so far. Robb's assumptions about maidens and sex would be easily corrected if his education had included anyone other than Septa Mordane, which is more likely than not. I'm sure he's heard plenty of stories from Theon to know that there are many different types of sex. Regarding a lack of blood, pretty much everyone in canon acknowledges that horseback riding can lead to the loss of one's maidenhead, and Margaery maid no secret of it.

The truly frustrating thing is that Robb's logic is so poor that it feels like forced stupidity for the sake of plot advancement. If you've made characters too strong to to fit the plot you originally had in mind, change the plot rather than regress the characters.

It's also unclear exactly who was executed and why at the Crag. Clarity would have helped a great deal in explaining why Jeyne was disowned.