Reviews for Still Friends?
Kerrys2Boys chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
Thank you Paula, for bringing this unique storyline full circle so that the boys would rediscover their amazing friendship despite such traumatic avenues. All those wasted years...they have a a lot of catching up to do. Great follow-up to your first story instalment. Looking forward to more stories from you.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
What a great story! I really enjoyed this one! It was great! Hey, how about writing another one similar only with Starsky the one who leaves town? How about forcing S into becoming a mob hit man with a contract out on his old buddy Hutch? Or bad guys keeping H under secret watch to force S to kill for hire. Could be a case of amnesia, mind control, whatever. Send Starsky to the dark side. Hutch has to diffuse him, then b ring him back. You have the talent for it!
DianneS chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Bravo'. Now that you have us we'll and truly hooked, we need part three to round out the story.
Shirley Jean chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
So glad our guys are back together again! So glad you did a follow up!
Questfan chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Oh, oh, oh, wow! It's amazing how a tragedy can instantly shift the focus onto what matters. I love the way Hutch eventually got to reveal his story and Starsky's initial anger was totally understandable. This made me want to cry and simultaneously want to cheer. Well done.
luvthatblueeyedSoul chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
Oh Paula, what can I say! I'm wiping the tears from my eyes as I'm typing this review. So many emotions ranging here from shock to anger to the rebirth of the guy's friendship! Then the landslide, uhhh, that was a stoke of genius right there! Then when Hutch tells Starsky about his dead wife, that pushed me over the edge! Then the end with Huggy, sweeet. Please tell me there's more to come!
Ciotolik chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
Paula, this is perfect, this is just PERFECT!
First of all I wanted to thank you for mentioning me, I'm so flattered but I have really do e nothing, my friend. .. This is all your amazing talent!
I loved the way you pictured them both.. The rage.. The pain.. The need for eachother.
Angry Starsky is perfect and Hutch was so well described in a mixture of guilt, rational wish to talk and unnerved self defence.
The emergency situation they are put is really perfect: I liked the fact that it wasn't police business but family business and the way Starsky changed and was there immediately for Hutch is just moving. I also loved the way you have described the unchanged complementarity of the two... After so much time they still read eachother and the small references (the 'me and thee' but also the 'Capitan Marvel' thing) make it even more real.
So unexpected was Kate's death.. it really made my heart hurt for Hutch.
The name of Hutch's son is also moving.
I'd also mention the fact that Hutch decides to let Marcie know about him from Starsky before telling her his side... that was so noble and respectful towards his friend.
So beautifully written... one of the best stories I've ever read about the two partners getting back together after drifting apart!
springfieldbluebird chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
Wow! I devoured this! You did a great job with showing the struggle and toll that something like this would take on such close friends. I actually felt my heart hurting for them in some places and held my breath in others! You did such a great job showing their feelings and everything. Excellent!
kristleap chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
I am so glad you continued this story. All the emotions that played out at their reunion was so beautifully written. The second Hutch needed Starsky he was right there by his side. I loved the scene in Hutch's car. I hope you might think of continuing the storyline.