Reviews for Echoes and Questions
imnina chapter 3 . 1/2/2018
Yeees! Finally a descent romantic story about these two! Thank so much for writing this!
I love Steve and Sharon, but it’s so hard to find a good and simple story when it comes to superheroes. People just tend to throw in all kinds of drama, never focusing on the characters themseves. And the result is always too much information and not enough depth.
This right here is a job well done! Thank you again :)
*crossing fingers* let’s all hope Steve and Sharon get more attention in the next movies...

ps. Congrats on your writing too! I’m a little picky when it comes to writing but this was perfect!
Guest chapter 3 . 6/10/2017
Yes! A great, romantic, moral Captain America fanfic! Thank you!
Mellia Bee chapter 3 . 9/10/2016
Yup, this is the one I was thinking of. I read this some time ago, and was happy to find it again. I hadn't realize there were differences in the mass between the 1940's and now. Super sweet of Sharon to help him find a solution. Leetle bit much kissing on a first "date" for me, but I appreciate the fact that Steve is lonely and needs human interaction. You're quite right - his favorite things to do are very solo actions. It'll be nice for him to have a friend down the hall.

I particularly love that he prays over his food - and I love that she loves him for it. :) It's one of the things I personally find most attractive in a man - humility and thankfulness and a willingness to live his faith in front of other people.

Thanks for the thoughtful story!
Anti-Kryptonite chapter 3 . 7/25/2016
Very nice! I love this couple, and this story did such a good job of giving an in-depth look into these characters and how they might move forward after the events of Winter Soldier. It's so interesting to consdier just how lost Steve feels, not only in time but in everything, even down to his own self, since no one knows the answers to any of the questions he brought up. I really like how Sharon was careful and observed him so closely, but was willing to talk to him and tell him what she was thinking - definitely forming the basis of a strong relationship! Thanks for writing and sharing!
CharmGirl24 chapter 3 . 7/13/2016
That was a packed story so much happened in such a short space of time but it was interesting and emotional and I'm glad Steve has found a partner who appreciates him and he can be a man instead of a symbol.
phiphi78 chapter 3 . 5/12/2016
I love your story, your exploration in depth of his struggle was really good and the fact that he opened up to Sharon made it even greater
EBKitty12 chapter 1 . 4/24/2016
I love this, good in depth detail of how Steve would be emotionally. I only wish the story was longer, or had a sequel. Thanks for sharing. Great Job :D
Eowyn77 chapter 3 . 4/21/2016
I have to confess, as an avid Twilight fanfic writer back in the day, I giggled at the thought of Steve watching Breaking Dawn in an attempt to understand pop culture. (Just promise me he didn't go to Fifty Shades of Gray!) I absolutely adore how you've crafted these two characters. They are well-matched in so many ways - in grief, in humor, in honesty, in conviction - and I hope you do write more about them at some point in the future even though you've marked this complete. In three short chapters, you've both elevated and humanized Captain America and Sharon, leaving the writer in me satisfied but the fangirl in me almost as eager as Sharon for their second date! (I also very much appreciate that this fic didn't devolve into a stampede to the bedroom. While their relationship clearly has the potential to become more physical, the pacing of their stroll that direction feels just right.)
Eowyn77 chapter 2 . 4/21/2016
This chapter is even better than the first (and that's saying something)! You capture the essence of why Captain America is my favorite Avenger so perfectly, from the almost-childlike honesty to that bone-deep, genuine goodness that defines him. I fell in love a little more with Steve here, too, when he said Grace over his meal. Like the moment with the phone in the last chapter, him bowing his head showed what a thousand words couldn't effectively tell. Fantastic!
Eowyn77 chapter 1 . 4/21/2016
Beautifully written, and with such a light hand! The moment when he realized that no one had called him for an entire month was both simple and powerful. He's a fish out of water in so many ways, and you capture that flawlessly. Can't wait to read more! *skips off to next chapter*
writer writing chapter 3 . 4/7/2016
Liked the banter! It's nice reading about what superheroes do when they're off duty, makes for a fun read. And I did love the religious parts, which were just perfect for a Captain America story. I thought the struggle he was having finding a church like he remembered was well thought out. A Catholic from the 1940s would have that dilemma and Sharon's answer and solution was just great.

Your writing is very professional. I really enjoyed it. :)
Guest chapter 3 . 4/3/2016
This is soooo beautiful- I had read it twice. Please continue. Please
Tafferling chapter 2 . 3/5/2016
Now I want omelette. Preferably prepped by, uh. Well. Nevermind. This was a very fun read. Onwards to the Dinner arrangement..
Tafferling chapter 1 . 3/5/2016
Hey! I just wandered in here after reading your X-Files fic, Parasite. That was a very long read, by the way.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was: There's quite a leap between Parasite and this. Your writing was already good to read then, but this one has come a very long way. The pacing, for example. Even more so the dialogue beats, those read very natural.
Kelly chapter 3 . 2/18/2016
This is the second time I've read this and I enjoyed it even more. I really hope that you would write more Steve Rogers/Sharon Carter stories. :)