Reviews for Echoes and Questions
DeejayMil chapter 3 . 1/13/2016
["I should never have gone to see Breaking Dawn," he muttered.] - oh man. For some reason, I just imagined him and the entire Avengers team all sitting there watching it together and now I want to write THAT fanfiction.

The pain is very realized in this chapter, but also kind of cleansing. It really does give the sensation of a new beginning for them both; moving onto a better future together (or even apart - the story gives the sense that even if this doesn't work out between them, this night was healing!).

Overall, I liked it! Your writing is great, your characters are solid and you can weave a tale :) well done!
DeejayMil chapter 2 . 1/13/2016
[Her mind immediately slid into the gutter and she closed her eyes. Not now, girl, she told herself. Maybe not ever.] - *Pervy eyebrow waggle*

I'm not completely canon-blind, I know *who* Captain America is, mostly, but I didn't know who Sharon was or if she's canon, or an OC, or what and lines like this [Of course she knew about the surveillance equipment in his apartment; she had installed most of it herself.] are really good to help build her character and the intrigue in one fell swoop.

The building relationship between the characters doesn't feel rushed or forced, and has a kind of sweetness to it that is probably completely Steve's doing (he's such a dork, in a good way). It's very easy to ramble on with relationshippy fics and bore the readers to tears, but it doesn't feel like that here. Plus, you could cut the sexual tension with a knife and that's always a sure way to keep me reading ;)

[The debilitating urge to cry had eventually become less frequent, less consuming, until one day she'd gone a whole day without feeling it, and then eventually it had been a week, and then a month, and now it was two years later and she was standing in the same kitchen, remembering Phil standing at that same range, and his warm humor and his curly, untamable brown hair and the way he'd smile at her when he knew she was being coy about her work, and he'd invent some ludicrous spy scenario just to tease her and try to trick her into giving something away, which never worked, but it was so much fun to play the game and remember all the old jokes that only they two knew, all the stupid, silly things that made them laugh, and brought them together even though the requirements of her job kept them apart, and she loved him dearly for forgiving her when she had to hide things from him. She still did.] - HOLY RUN ON SENTENCES BATMAN. This seems like it was a deliberate choice to show her thoughts running away with her but it was a HUGE struggle to read through, and even my inner reading voice ran out of breath! Maybe it could be reworded slightly to still have that rambling quality without leaning quite so liberally on the common comma to stop your reader from passing out?

Great chapter! You really have a knack for stepping into your character's head; I envy the skill.
DeejayMil chapter 1 . 1/13/2016
Hullo!

[He glanced at the light on his answering machine, but there were no messages. He'd been gone for nearly a month, and no one had called. No one.] - This is a great line to show off how lonely and sad Steve is, and out of sorts!

[cronyism] - I've learnt a new word today! Thank you!

Interesting beginning! Curious to see where this goes. Your grammar and spelling is all, so far as I saw, top notch and there was no glaring phrasing issues that stuck out. Solid work!
Riya chapter 3 . 8/1/2015
This was so wonderful! I have been looking for a nice Sharon/Steve story for a long time but there aren't many around, i am so happy I found this. Its so realistic and both are in character, hoping to read more from you.
AtLoLevad chapter 3 . 2/4/2015
Okay so this took me longer to get to than I thought it would because I'm incredibly lazy. But oh my god am I glad I finally read it. I don't know much about Sharon past what we saw of her in TWS, so it was nice to see you flesh her out and give her a backstory! I also love that you made Steve religious. It makes sense that he would be, but I can also see an argument made for him to have lost his faith down the line. In this case, I do love that he has his issues with religon and going to Mass, but still believes. You really made both Steve and Sharon jump right off the page. I had such a blast reading this fic, because it was so true to character. I also liked the defendant where Steve was wondering what his body could do to a girlfriend and what the serum might do to a child. Those are things that I wonder about too, especially with writing my own Avengers fic. And also, the mental image of Steve watching the entire Twilight saga makes me completely crack up!
Tanu chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
Amazing! :)
sb4ever chapter 3 . 9/19/2014
Thoroughly enjoyed this. I absolutely love Captain America/Steve Rogers because he is a good man inside and out. My very favorite scene in Winter Soldier is where Steve is spending time with Peggy. He was so sweet and the look on his face when Peggy's mind became fogged again, you could feel his pain. The relationship is building just the way it should...nice and slow. Great story!
LadyDeb1970 chapter 3 . 8/11/2014
This ... was brilliant. I really liked Sharon in the movie (and I LOVED the reference to her confrontation with Rumlow in the Captain's Orders scene), and I loved her conversation earlier with Steve about why he's such a hot mess. The boy has gone through so many changes in a short amount of time ... quite frankly, I'm in awe at how well he's been coping. And great job on picking up on the changes wrought by Vatican II ... how that would affect Steve. I am definitely adding you to my favorite and follow list.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/17/2014
best fic ever
Guest chapter 3 . 5/17/2014
pls update this
Team Cap chapter 3 . 5/4/2014
That part about Breaking Dawn is hilarious but also very honest (to put it in Cap's situation). Very satisfying reading. I sincerely hope you will carry on. It's hard to find fics about healthy heterosexual relationship these days.
Team Cap chapter 2 . 5/4/2014
This is really good. I am sure Cap needs someone to talk about the whole Winter Soldier episode - like a therapy session with someone who could listen. I mean, that loneliness - it's crazy for Cap, someone outside, who's not on Ground Zero. Your writing is amazing.
Team Cap chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
I'm desperate for any Sharon Steve fic. And your language is perfect. I'm gonna stick around and see where this is going to take me.
Gissbella De Salvatore chapter 3 . 5/1/2014
Really nice! I loved Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter in Captain America 2. It was an amazing movie. They really did good.
XOXO
Guest chapter 3 . 4/30/2014
Oh my! This is wonderful. I need more chapters on this :)
36 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »