Reviews for The Shape of Things to Come: Remastered!
SetsunaRay chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
I'm glad that Makoto and Ifurita were reunited. I'm so happy for them. Now that the perverted pair in Alielle and Fatora got married to each other, Shayla,Nanami,and Qawoor can rest easy. But what become of Qawoor with Ifurita? Will they be having new friends,new foes?
Eighth Sage chapter 12 . 6/17/2013
Excellent fic. One of the only good El Hazard fanfics I've seen. A bit odd with the throwing in of your own characters. But you made it work. I liked Mari.
Rassilon001 chapter 12 . 7/21/2009
El Hazard was an anime which was sorely and sadly untouched with vast potential, which was only hinted at with the Alternate World and the Wanderers. But you have managed to take what made the story great and expand upon it in a brilliant fashion.

Your Original Characters are also rather refreshing and wholly realistic. Stuck-up Sakura is a perfect foil for her misguided admirer/master Katsuhiko Jinnai, while Mari makes for an interesting new addition to the heroes of Roshtaria. I sense the former is based loosely upon the Not-Quite-Ifurita of the Wanderers-verse, am I right? She certainly is dense enough (and to be honest, other than her garments, you never really described what she looked like). The rest are also enjoyable, however brief their appearances are. I see you also decided to include the second Ifurita, a most unexpected but enjoyable move.

Zero Energy is a concept that wholly blows me away, and seems meticulously well thought out. The comparison to the color black was most excellent, and explained your earlier use of it at the beginning of the story. Excellent work.

The idea of a Heretical Prophecy made for an interesting subplot to the story. As did Fatora and Alielle’s wedding, honeymoon, marriage, and unexpected pregnancy. Those two can’t do anything the boring normal way, but I suppose its more fun this way. More interesting to read as well. Introducing the Opaques and the racism of El Hazard also dialed things up a notch, to say nothing of the Phantom Tribes involvement with the priesthood. The story seemed much more realistic because of it. Adding in Qawoors and Ifurita’s rather unexpected family history was beautifully ironic. The naïve, adorably sweet little priestess of water, the descendent of the manufacturer of Demon Gods. That is beyond awesome.

I notice also you didn’t translate the Bugrom language, but had Jinnai or Diva respond in a way that explained (roughly) what they said. Just like the series. Very nice, very hilarious. I approve. However, I must confess I do not enjoy the idea of Jinnai being bossed around by the Phantom Brat. And while egotistical, maniacal and somewhat short-sighted, Jinnai /is/ at least an accomplished military man, surely he can lead his own damn armies to near-victory (again). Just because he has the social graces of a crazed cockroach doesn’t mean he’s incapable of war.

A Dying Diva? Curious.. I rather enjoyed Chibi-Diva.. possibly more than the original, sexy though the bug-lady was. Although for that matter, you scarcely touched upon the concept of just /how/ Diva is managing to lay more eggs, when in the Alternate World (where Qawoor comes from) the method is rather heavily implied. You’d think such a thing would affect Jinnai and Diva’s relationship, or the new Bugrom. I mean.. Chibi-Diva you more or less confirmed was asexually produced, but what about the rest?

So let’s see.. Multiverse safe, Arjat defeat, peace with Chibi-Diva and the Bugrom, Jinnai and Nahato scheming away together (and against each other), Sakura’s in over her head (no change there) but harmless, Princess Hotaru is with her loving mommies (lucky!), Nanami and Mari are making cutesy faces at one another, Ifurita and Makoto are together with a kid on the way.. El Hazard is officially all wrapped up. And in just one year. Nice.
breaktherules chapter 12 . 4/21/2006
Dookychan, You are the best writer! I have been waiting for this last chapter for awhile and it was worth it! I love Fatora & Alielle and you are the only author who really gives them depth and you make Fatora likable but still true to her anime self too. I loved your original characters very much! Mari was such a great character and you leave me guessing at what Nanami will do:) Amiri, King Fran, Alielle's mom were really good. Princess Formyka is my favorite! I thought she was so funny and I wish that the makers of El Hazard would buy this story you've written, Because it would be a great anime! And I much better one than the Alternative world. I hope you are writing stories still. You really have a fan in me! Great job and I have great stories of yours to read! Thank you!
Archaon chapter 12 . 1/21/2005
In my opinion, the second best El hazard fic on the net. I hope to reach that level someday

I loved the continuity from the Fatora & Alielle stories.

Go for more
Macross-Green chapter 12 . 10/29/2004
This... was amazing. I think I've only read one El Hazard fic that comes close to this one in quality before, maybe two. Still, this is awesome. Great job!
Katchoo chapter 12 . 7/12/2004
That's one hell of story Really great ! You made really good with all the character, and even the original like Mary, Sakura or Formika are incredibly fun

GOOD WORK !
Nachtsider chapter 12 . 6/6/2004
Beautiful piece of work, dookychan.
SoulAstray chapter 1 . 5/28/2004
The best El Hazard story I've ever read! Arigato dookychan.
Warstock-Leonhart chapter 4 . 11/30/2003
Hi, this is one great story.
for your answer on chapter 4 I didn,t expect her to be with Parnasse but I didn,t expect it to be with Fatora and Alielle
Salvatrix chapter 1 . 5/12/2003
Ah...wunderbar... Great work there dookychan! You must continue! Your fans are waiting man!
Surdian chapter 12 . 4/23/2003
Slightly disappointed with the End concerning Jinnai & Chibi-Diva, but all & all this was a great story. PLEASE make a sequel!
kb9vcn chapter 12 . 1/26/2003
Excellent story. One of the classics. Long overdue for a review from me, so I set today aside to read it straight through from beginning to end.

The plot handled a HUGE cast, and continued many of the lines from the OVA2 and AW series, in a comprehensive way, and at the same time, it was still all very interesting to follow. It could have been even longer- what if Nanami decided that she wanted to keep the lamp of fire, for example :-)

Mari is a wonderful original character- I never liked the endings of 1980s teen movies, with moody girls dressed in black getting a makeover, either. Sakura reminded me of TV-Ifurita in places :-) Fatora and Alielle were in fine form too, but that's to be expected :-)

Please write more.
TALON chapter 12 . 1/22/2003
I agree wholeheartedly with Firebird. This is the finest piece of El-Hazard fafiction on the net. And I must say that Sakura's punishment is inspired evil.
Liam Roy chapter 12 . 1/20/2003
What, you really mean to say that I haven't put in a review yet? Well, here goes...

Yay! It's finished! Wait, that sounded kinda mean. What I meant is that each of your hand-crafted, lovingly styled chapters has been awaited with great anticipation, and it's so incredibly satisfying for the story to close at last. I salute you, sir, partly for finishing what you started (which I have yet to do, dammit) but mostly for enriching the Land of EH Fanfiction with a highly daring and original tale. Kudos to you. Kudos.