Reviews for this empire
bitterbeetle chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
Fantastic.
A.
Characterization fantastic. I have a thing for believable modern AUs and you hit the nail on its head.
FightsWithBears chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
I love Usopp.
He's so pretty.
Especially after the time skip. I really see him as being a sensitive and sappy guy in modern AUs.
Sanfina chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
This is beautiful:). Great job. You are such a gifted writer!
I loved it.
PersonifiedKat chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
This is an excellent story.
Your style of writing is really captivating and entertaining, and it fits well with the modern setting and context. You also did a really good job of writing in the characters various personalities, which can be hard to do especially when writing an AU. I loved the twists on the specific events in the story (recruiting the straw hats one by one, Merry burning, etc.) that are derived from events in the series. I also greatly enjoyed the subtle humor that you added, so kudos.
I loved the part the pairings played, though subtle. I'm quite impartial to stories focusing on Sanji ad Usopp, so from that point of view I felt there could have been more shared feelings, but I also loved the mention of Kaya and Usopp, them being a more realistic pairing in my opinion, so well done on that front as well. Obviously I know that every one has different opinions on various pairings, and the way you wrote them in this story was a good compromise.
I noticed that your grammar and spelling were clean and tidy, so thank you for that as well.
I really enjoyed this story :)
Good luck with your future writing endeavors :)
-Kat
Guest chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
I LOVE this. I love your writting. I love the story, the modern and realistic context, the description of daily events, the friendship under every world. Usopp crush towards Sanji is so well explained and so cute, Kaya is so sweet, forgiving and lovely, Zoro and Sanji's brotherhood is adorable,... Please write more of this.