Reviews for aeternus (eternal)
Galskab chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
Amazing story!
I don't think I ever cried this much over a fictional story. xI
ayakay202 chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
After I discovered this, I've reread probably half a dozen times and it still makes me cry.
At first, I was reluctant about the confession of how Merlin loved Arthur, though on that I wholeheartedly agree, it was the part about him thinking to confess his feelings to Arthur at some point that made me pause. But when I thought back to how it was that Merlin loved Arthur, I could almost believe that Merlin would at some point show his affections.
I love the flashback about the cupboard, it added some humor, yet at the same time showed how Camelot would be a painful place for Merlin.
I love how you said that Arthur was Merlin's home, not Camelot, because as much as Merlin loved living in Camelot he stayed for his king. The decision of going home, it seemed like something he would do. And the detail when he almost lost control of his magic was fantastic.
Although he loved Gwen, Gaius, and the others Merlin's purpose was to protect Arthur, and with him gone I could see Merlin wanting to leave.
Merlin definitely would have thought he had failed Arthur, so that was done well.
Also! When Merlin went back to Camelot, and we saw a little of how Gwen and Gaius were doing, THAT WAS GREAT! I love how Gaius cried, because on some level Arthur was like a son to him and also Merlin, who was also like a son to him, was despairing Gaius would have wept. And you showed the familiarity with Gwen, showed her roots, and didn't immediately make her seem to queenly, although I would imagine she would be quite upset at Arthur's death, she had loved him greatly. You showed Gwen's fear around Merlin, but some may be a little confused as to why it was that she felt that bit of fear.
The ending made me wish there was more!
I loved it! Thank you! It was a privilege.
The Third Biker Scholar chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
poor merlin. this was so sad, but how awful must his grief have been.
StateSideColleen chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
I just completed watching the show about a week ago and I'm shattered about it (and have read dozens of fics since then in response), and this was a very good catharsis piece (and makes the desire to hug the character that much stronger). Loved this much. Cried much, as well :)
KHT chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
TOO MANY FEELS. Compared to this, Twilight isn't angsty at all...
jesadawnn1991 chapter 1 . 5/15/2014
I needed the angst in this story sure it took me awhile to get through it because it was so nasty but I cannot wait for the next one.
Kelly chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
That was freaking amazing! :D Many feels.
That was some brilliant stuff! Loved it!
SlashMagicfan96 chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
I like the "Arthur comes back from the dead" stories, its a bonus if it's Merthur. :)...even though there's a whole lot of tears from me while I read because the stories are usually very emotional. And, to be honest, I hope you get to the "Arthur's coming back" part soon, because I don't think my head or eyes can take anymore tears. But I will read the rest of this story when you update anyways. So update soon, please. :)
SeikoxSkye chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
First I'll say that I haven't finished this story yet, because I have to build up courage to... like I did with the finale. Honestly, a heavy confession- I didn't cry when I watched the finale (maybe too stunned, idk) but within reading the first paragraph or so of this my eyes were pooling to the brim with tears. You know that squeezing feeling you get in your chest just by watching someone else in so much pain? Yeah, I felt that for Merlin, the weight of the pain he must be harboring, knowing that he will have to wait in a world never really meant for someone like him, with all of that power, not being able to fulfill the one thing he cared about the most in his life- protecting Arthur, being by Arthur's side, all of his plans, dreams and hopes thwarted, watching everyone he loves die. Knowing that he didn't even kiss Arthur or realize he loved him until he had taken his last breath- that's just so unbelievably sad. You really conveyed his pain through your writing and that is why I couldn't finish yet, felt like I was peeling back healing skin on a fresh wound- ouch. I love the detail you put into Merlins memories and how unreal the real world must've felt to him after Arthur died, trying to grasp so tightly onto the last withering memories of the feel of Arthurs skin or his laugh, etc. Man, I can't write anymore because even though I only made it to the part where Merlin is crying in his mom's shoulder, I already feel like I'm still reading it and still feeling that pain for him. This is probably the longest review I've ever written, but you truly deserve an even longer one for your dedication and detail in every story you write. Thanks for putting the time in for it, and I'm gonna leave another review (hopefully shorter) when I've had the will to finish it. (Yes, it's that deep.)
Ireth Twitter chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
I always love everything you write, and this one was no different. I loved that you had Merlin revisiting moments of Arthurs death from his actual perspective in the moment, which we couldn't really experience by watching the episode and it just made it all the more bittersweet AND heart breaking.
Joselyn chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Really wonderful, great job. Its too painful to have an ending so tragic for Merlin, but I know after Arthur's death he would never be the same.
Forthe loveofcamelot13 chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
I was sobbing by the end of the first sentence!
Lesley chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Beautifully written. Merlin should never have been left to suffer so much.