Reviews for The Spider and the Cat
Something like this could’ve saved their relationship back in the 90s(although there were no video games, still).
Guest chapter 21 . 6/28/2017
MJ was such a bitch in web of shadows and as was everyone who judged Peter for saving Black Cat. I mean how does saving a friends life(even though she was an ex-girlfriend) make him a bad guy?
Guest chapter 15 . 6/16/2017
I played Web of Shadows and always wondered what kind of aftermath would take place after the evil ending. This is excellent and it has my favorite pairing.
Data Seeker chapter 17 . 8/14/2016
Hi

Cute little chapter. There are a bunch of typos. Here one examples

"Hey if all else fails you can hang with me and Mary Jane when go out for Valentine days." Harry laughs at Peter gives him a mean stare.

I think it would be like this-

"Hey if all else fails you can hang with me and Mary Jane when we go out for Valentine day." Harry laughs at Peter who gave him a mean stare.

There are others, but I think that makes my point.

Anyway, the basic valentine story with Peter and Felicia is a good story.

The wholesome standards are high. Nothing is offensive. God bless

Data Seeker chapter 16 . 8/14/2016
Hi

Good one-shot. There are a few typos. You should depend on a Beta Reader. I know from experience they can be a big help in eliminating typos.

The basic story is cute. Thee shortness of the chapter is fine, given the nature of the story. A happy New Year for Spidey and Cat.

Data Seeker chapter 15 . 8/14/2016
Hi

A very dark, disturbing, but interesting fic. I’m not a big fan on gloom and doom, but that doesn’t make it bad. There are a few typos.

The basic story with Spiderman being king of the symbiotes and Black Cat becomes his queen is dark, disturbing, but interesting.

The ending was a bit sad, namely Spiderman owns up for the evil he had fallen into and has Black Cat is sent away with their baby daughter to be safe while he dies against the rebellion against his evil.

Your author note explain your reasoning for being dark and depressing and I understand.

This is what I think of your wholesome standards. Some of the language is very vulgar. You don’t need vulgar language to give your story appeal.

Data Seeker chapter 14 . 8/14/2016
Hi

A cute little one-shot. Christmas specials have their place and this is no exception. There are a few typos, but very readable and appealing.

The characters of Felicia and Peter enjoying Christmas together were very well design. Their gifts to each other were great too.

The wholesome standards are high. The Kissing was strange to me, but thanks for not being suggestive.

Data Seeker chapter 13 . 8/14/2016
Hi

Your basic story is somewhat good. The basic plot with that involves a chase is good.
Spiderman giving Black Cat a wager and webbing her up was a good beginning.

While Black Cat is at a disadvantage, it was great how she was able to outsmart Spiderman and capture him. What happened next was a slippery slope and good have worked. But the ending was just…wrong.

This is what I think of the wholesome standards.

The language is clean, except for the P word.

The sexual stuff at the end wasn’t good, though at least it wasn’t explicit.

I hope you like this review though there is criticism. God bless

Data Seeker chapter 12 . 8/14/2016
Hi

Cute little one-shot. There are some typos and some of the story structure needs work, but it’s largely good.

The basic plot with Peter taking Felicia to his home for Thanksgiving was good. Their interaction, dialog and such was good.

I like the characterization, namely how Felicia is afraid of her checkered past and making a bad impression towards Aunt May.

The ending with Peter and Felicia grateful to have each other in their lives was great.

The wholesome standards are high. Nothing is offensive and that one reference is actually passable. GOOD JOB.

Data Seeker chapter 11 . 8/14/2016
Hi

This is a very clever AU. Very rushed and half-baked, but very clever. There are a few typos. You should get a Beta Reader.

The changes to their origins- making Spiderman a thief and Black Cat a hero is pretty good and believable. While their characters are radically redesigned, there is an appeal to it. That is very hard to too.

The beginning with Black Cat confronting Spiderman was good. Their battle with their dialog and characterization was mostly good. While Spiderman’s flirting was mostly amusing, two or three comments were dirty.
It was funny when Spiderman webbed her hands and kissed her and leaves.

Black Cat was great how she finds him appealing and annoying at the same time.

The High school scene was great; namely that Peter is the handsome popular girl and Felicia is the nerd.

Their encounter at school was great, namely they have a crush on each other, unaware of their secret identities.

The ending is a bit rushed, namely that it skips to Peter and Felicia revealing their identities and Peter on the right path due to Felicia’s influence. Now they are a team and lovers.

This is what I think of the wholesome standards.
The language is clean.
Some of the flirting is passable. But I don’t approve of some of innuendos.
Everything else is fine.

Data Seeker chapter 10 . 8/14/2016
Hi

The continuation of Felicia and Peter having a relationship outside of costume is good.

The beginning was…wrong. They shared a bed.

Them spending time in a Bar together was pretty good.

The lemon scene was…wrong for an array of reasons. You said in the author’s note of this chapter you felt dirty doing a lemon. That’s good.

I consider Peter better than that. He is about responsibility and fornication is very irresponsible. Felicia is flirty, and while having weak morals, Peter could be a good influence for her- if he doesn’t embrace hedonism.

As for the wholesome standards, I already criticized Felicia and Peter being unchaste- though you get points for not being explicit. And except for the D word, the language is clean.

Well this is my review. God bless

Data Seeker chapter 9 . 8/14/2016
Hi

This AU of your design is very clever.

Its dynamic how Black Cat and Spiderman are in their civilian identities and trying to have a relationship outside their masks.

Its great how Felicia is out of sorts due to her personal feelings, but is making an effort and Peter understands Felicia’s feelings.

What they did together was great.

Data Seeker

P.S. There were a few typos and some areas need work.
Data Seeker chapter 8 . 7/17/2016
Hi

Nice chapter, though you could used a Beta Reader. Patience helps too.

I didn’t see the Amazing Spiderman 2, but this one-shot is basically good.

Data Seeker chapter 7 . 7/17/2016
Hi

I never read the comics, though I am somewhat familiar with the Superior Spiderman story. I’m…not impressed with it

I’m not against reconciling stories. In fact I approve of them. I’m just not sure about this story. Felicia felt unreal. Granted she is emotional and emotions are fickle, but her attitude didn’t seem real.

The wholesome standards are high, except for one vulgar word. I’m not sure about another detail.

Sorry that my review isn’t flattering. The alternative is to not review. God bless

Data Seeker chapter 6 . 7/17/2016
Hi

Nice little chapter. Having Beta Reader and patience can help you go far.

I have a complicated views on Gwen Stacy- most of them good.

The basic story with Peter visiting Gwen’s grave and Felicia accompanying him was great. You really captured their characters well.

That bit with Gwen’s spirit observing the visit was great too.