Reviews for A Vulcan Walks into a Bar
whirlingskirts chapter 1 . 7/24
Chuckle. Giggle. Smirk, smirk. Smile. Thanks!
Shouldabeenblond chapter 1 . 5/9
I love your Uhura! This story was hilarious. I laughed out loud and woke my daughter at the unsolicited bowls of soup line. Too funny. Off to read more, great job
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2017
The confidence level had me chuckling for minutes! Wonderful, and sexy.
TroysMom09 chapter 1 . 7/21/2017
I grinned quite a few times :)
Lena2244 chapter 1 . 6/6/2017
I just love how this was written I can easily imagine this exchange between Uhura and Spock. Does it completely follow the characters in OST no, but I enjoyed reading this all the same.
Dr. Holland chapter 1 . 12/29/2016
Re-reading some of your stories before the start of the New Year, and had to tell you how much I liked this one - classic TOS goodness!
John McD chapter 1 . 11/28/2016
Yes, I grinned. That was the steamiest, R-rated (leaning to far end of the alphabet) I have seen in a long time. It definitely ends the question, 'how did they meet".
Renewed Fan chapter 1 . 9/24/2016
Cute story. I really enjoyed it, and fantasize about it! Wish it were me!
TheWatcherObserves chapter 1 . 10/17/2015
So I laughed until I hurt myself reading this. This is SO Nichelle Nichols and reminds me of interviews in the 90's right before he died about how he intended for this relationship to happen (interesting choice - the Black lady and the Jewish guy in mid-1960's America in a relationship; happened a lot in real life during that time).

I love this and I love your Uhura here. I cried to my pain threshold at:
(1) "One of the things I’ve planned for this shore leave is some …. stress reduction … away from prying eyes"
(2) "I’ll be blunt, all right? News spreads through a star ship faster than a communicable disease spreads through an U’teng’ian open brothel. And sometimes a girl likes her privacy, especially if that girl is a little … exuberant and … vocal … at certain times."
(3) "I’m not looking for lifelong commitment, I’m not even after a fortnight long commitment, but I do find some intelligent conversation between bouts of …. stress-reducing aerobics enhances my enjoyment."
(4) "A good sashay isn’t easy, it’s sinuous and casual, yet deliberate … it tempts. A woman needs a certain build to sashay properly. To sashay you’ve got to know who you are, what you want and what your hips are for. To be blunt, Nurse Chapel couldn't sashay to save her bony behind."
(5) ""On the contrary I have somewhere to go.” His eyes meet mine. “Here."

“Mr Spock, there are only three reasons people come to an establishment like this.” I say all matter of fact, “to drink, to dance, or to pick up a partner for a mutually beneficial – and physical –relationship.” I let the statement hang in the air. He doesn’t respond, but I definitely notice a greener shade to his ear lobes. Fascinating.

I keep looking at him and raise my eyebrow. He’s not the only one who knows how to use the eyebrow query.

The silence stretches out like a long slow exhalation, so I take a breath. “We both know that,” I nod to his glass, “will have no effect on you … sad but true.” I smile at him regretfully. “And Mr. Spock, I’ve never seen you dance in all the time I’ve known you; it’s a pity.”

I look him right in the eyes. “That leaves option number three ... you have come to pick up a partner for a mutually beneficial physical relationship.” I pluck each word slowly like pulling petals off a daisy … he wants me, he wants me not, he wants me …"

It's just delicious - the whole story.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
Wow!
Soul93 chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
This was fun and sexy, really enjoyed reading it.
Joanna chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Well done! Very hot and steamy but with class. Just like Spock and Uhura
Nanyin chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
I am sooo grinning right now!
Melloyellowphase chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
Om my god. This was soo amusing and yet so interesting to read. I am so...OBSESSED with this pairing. I know i have a problem. XD but this is soo good. Keep up the good works!
belinda.ashley.3 chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
I don't even know when I stopped breathing as I was reading this! Hot-without being over-the-top or cheesy! Will there be more to this?