Reviews for Parallels
Dark Azarathian chapter 1 . 3/19
I , while watching the movie, I spent most of my time drawing parallels between Raven and Elsa (and Anna and Starfire).
Your story was need great writers like you for writing, don't let the Teen Titans die out!
DarkEnchantress-97 chapter 1 . 3/1
I thought this was cute and well written. I also noticed the parallels between Elsa and Raven and her reaction seemed very believable.
Good job. :D!
Ravena Wolfborn chapter 1 . 10/29/2015
that was really interesting. it helped that I'm a huge fan of Frozen and Teen Titans. and the freakin similarities are... wow. that was amazing!
Chris and Michael chapter 1 . 9/4/2015
Holy crap. You hit the nail RIGHT on the head! I mean seriously! It's like if Raven were to look into a dimensional, Disney-fied, mirror! How did we TT Fans not see this sooner?!
Rebelle13 chapter 1 . 6/1/2015
OMG I love this! I love the parallels between Elsa and Raven, because the both of them are truly so alike! By the way, BATB and Frozen are two of my favourite Disney movies of all time. I feel that Raven is more alone than Elsa though, because although Raven has the Titans as her family, Elsa had Anna; they were both very close since they were kids, and they were also true siblings. However, both Raven and Elsa had always been taught to control their emotions as letting go could possibly destroy everything around them. They both thought themselves as monsters. Elsa had an easier time "letting go" of her worries than Raven did, as exemplified in your story. Kudos to you for that, because during the song "Let It Go", I just thought that Raven would be wrapped up in the idea of letting go of her emotions and be amazed, when realistically, she would be thinking about Elsa being entirely oblivious to the fact that she had caused the destruction of her kingdom. Thank you so much for writing this wonderful piece of work! I think this is a great analysis of Raven and Elsa's characters, as you compared what both girls had faced and how they dealt with their own problems. Keep on writing! :D
Dixxy chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
Well, as i could see on yr profile page, you "have a thing" for FROZEN, uh ! Well, it's totally understandable : that movie - or maybe i should say this full-length animation film ? - was a
real success ! Anna's and Elsa's characters were really touching... and so dramatic ! As for Olav,
he was way funny !

And yes, i can see the similarities bw Elsa and Raven : two women with magical powers, both
having to pay attention so as to avoid these powers to "go haywire", both considered monsters
(or perhaps, more accurately, both girls THINKING that they are considered monsters), both living
secluded - Elsa in her castle, Raven in her room - ...so yeah, the parallels are quite obvious !

Another nice story, still as powerful emotion-wise (although not as powerful as other of your sTTories) and moving eventually. I enjoyed reading this (short) one-shot, and especially appreciated the relationship of trust and friendship - meant to evolve into love, obviously... - and how BB managed, patiently, to convince Rae to convince to him.

I just found this strange : "Suddenly she was on his lap". How did that happen at all ? It seems like it occured wzout any precision reason, just like that. And i found it... odd. But that's the only stuff that slightly bugged me, really slightly.

More thumbs up, Buddy, like always.

And sorry if this review is short... but hey, yr story is short in the first place, so this explains that, doesn't it ? ;)

Kudos and pats, renewed !

Take care !

:-: L :-:
CapnSwashbuckler chapter 1 . 4/11/2015
That's adorable. And the sort of thing I can't read without thinking, "Dude, like whoa, you're totally right." And now I can't stop thinking about the HiSHE short which has Elsa studying with Charles Xavier.
NeneJPhilly chapter 1 . 3/27/2015
I see why you wanted me to read this one. It touches on some... issues I've had with Disney movies & the original stories. That's a whole other review (:D) & I won't say another word besides being a t*** is not a complex personality maker.

I only saw Frozen once & it wasn't my cup of tea (though I adore Do You Wanna Build a Snowman). It took me less than three seconds to pick up what you were throwing down though. I immediately caught the similarities & was nodding along like this was an episode. I even made faces when he described why she was his.

Overall, good fic.
m-nevermore chapter 1 . 3/17/2015
Yes, and I thought of it couple of times.. That was fun.
Your story is awesome...
InDaBayou chapter 1 . 3/6/2015
I didn't expect such serious feels from a oneshot about Raven watching Frozen. Kudos to you, author, I will not underestimate you again.
Paradox.Peddler chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
I liked the comparison and the story over all but the end was a little too sweet for my taste.
bbraeflinxrobstarcybee1011 chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
I've seen the parrelles(sp?) I can't go through that movie without seeing Raven in Elsa's place. Lol
Charosi zDelajiet chapter 1 . 1/12/2015
As much as I liked this, I have a feeling I would get a lot more out of it had I seen "Frozen". That aside, I really like the dialogue-heavy style in this. You're really good at portraying the characters' feelings through their speech.

You managed an accurate representation of Beast Boy's character (Not making him too serious or too goofy). Raven's reaction seems a bit extreme to me, but judging by your descriptions, I'm guessing it's because I haven't seen the movie.

It got a bit corny at the end, but sweet. (I'm sucker for good romance).

I'll definitely be checking out some of your other works, now.
ruiiko chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
Wow, really nice! I've only seen Frozen once, but now that I think about it, Elsa and Raven do have alot in common, in ways. The fluff between Beastboy and Raven was cute too, so good job. Good job on the whole story!
Icy Icee chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
When I first saw the movie Raven was one of the first things I thought of because they both had powers they hated that they thought made them evil and I thought about how great a crossover it could make. I'm glad someone else sees it too!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »