Reviews for Sowing the Seeds
MinakoTrickster chapter 10 . 16h
This review might be a little bit short since I'm replying by mobile. So also forgive any of my mistakes since I might not make sense.

Poor Shino. XD He is a paranoid mess. His grandfather with Ino put him in a bit of a panic. It was cute and some of Shino's frustration came through here, along with a bit of desperation. Especially when he showed a bit of resentment with Ino teasing.

Yeah, I felt with the last few chapters that a T-rating wasn't going to be enough. You make Shino's longing feel so powerful. His repressed ways make it seem as if he is so fit for bursting at a moment's notice.

Like, I feel that when he cracks and just goes for Ino that'll be a powerful long storm that is going to be ridden out. Hopefully they find a very secluded place for that to happen. With little chance to be disturbed.

Because whoa. Just whoa. I knew you were good with conveying emotions and writing intimate scenes. So yeah, you struck and did it again. Such a powerful and awesome writer.

And now they will be alone... wait... what did I say about secluded again? XD

Working in the garden alone. Now I'm drooling.

I can't wait to see the next chapter. Looking forward to it. ;)
MinakoTrickster chapter 9 . 7/18
Oh my, there has a number of chapters added. I'm gonna agree, Shino does think too much and his idea of a 'mating dance' is adorable and has me rolling my eyes. But it fits for him, he doesn't know a lot about this sort of stuff and it seems he was confused, for a majority of the time, on how to even think about girls. To finally decide to go for it, brave and leaves him fumbling with what to do.

So the mating dance/ritual thing does seem like a plan he would think of, to prove to his chosen female he is capable of protecting her and their future young fits him, fits with what he knows about how males and females mate. On an instinctual level, even within humans, it works. Women do prefer, more often than not, someone they do believe can provide for young, when they seek to have kids. It seems like it sort of worked, since Ino saw his devastation in battle, she seems like she got a little more excited about him. Not that I think Ino needed that to notice Shino, but it helps. ;D

Kiba is Shino's best bet until the dad comes around and explains how he got Shino's mom. I'm still geeking out over Shino family bit, most fics have him without a mom (canon-wise we have no proof of anyone other than his dad, like Ino only have a father in the manga, but a mom in the anime). A lot portray the family as quite and somber, preferring emotionless, logical states, so yes... I know I kinda covered this in my last review, but I still can't get over it. It's a refreshing idea and I'm loving this for him.

Back to original thought: Kiba. I can see your KibaIno ship here, but you make it work as friends who can enjoy flirting and being civil. Reminds me of your fic, "Hot Pursuit" when they start off being uncivil. You have another fic like that, but I admit I haven't read it besides the first chapter.

I'm with Ino, by the time Shino gets around to the actual dating it'll be when they're in their 50s. XD But maybe him being aware she's down for trying with him will speed it up. But my poor heart goes out to him, he almost had that kiss! Almost! And his mind ran away with him, but I get his fear. If he doesn't know how the bugs will react... well, might be time to find another member of his clan and ask. His grandfather is from the mom side, I'm assuming?

Still, would be hilarious since the old man cracks me up, "Finally noticed those child-bearing hips did you?" XD No, Shino doesn't seem to do well when feeling embarrassed, so he seems like he'd avoid the old man unless he had not other option. What about Torune, if you ignore his canon death and just place him there after the disbanding of Root?

Always, amazing always. I love this piece and I'm so happy to see you updating it along with your other pieces. Keep up the awesome work!
Indigo Yamanaka chapter 9 . 7/15
Can't wait to see what Ino has in store for Gramps.I'll bet she will have him on her side in a good chapter. Keep up the good work, and thanks for all you put into your stories.
NilithDelirium chapter 9 . 7/14
Ow. Kiba and Shino's friendship is so cute, and I'm totally amazed at how well Kiba knows his friend. I know they spend a lot of time together, but still, Shino's a hard nut to crack.

I can't stop fangirling Ino and Kiba's non verbal communication, though. I imagine him becoming his bestie and eventually regretting it when she becomes even better friends with her mom and sister (she totally would).

I'm waiting for the next chapter! Ino and Shino's grandpa are going to break Shino's nerves. Jajaja

NilithDelirium chapter 8 . 7/14
I think this is my favorite chapter yet! No wonder you amuse yourself, girl. Jajaja

I LOVED Ino and Kiba interactions. They are both assholes and a friendship between them is everything I need in a Shino/Ino fic. I'm so happy! Also, the dialogue are just on point; I'm head over heals for Kiba in this fic, BUT, Shino is just too adorable and my heart melted at his anxiety over his insects.

I was super impressed at that 0 to 100 when Ino asked him to kiss her. That's Ino for you. Although now that she decided to adapt to Shino's pace, I fear this will take until Kiba has like ten kids. xD

NilithDelirium chapter 7 . 7/14
This chapter was such a delight to read! I totally understand the Kiba/Ino attraction; they are unbelievable funny when together. Also, Shino was jelly. :3

It really wasn't a surprise that Shino destroyed the first round and that everyone fears/respects him, but I'm curious; will the next round will be a bit more of a challenge for him, or is the common ninja an absolute noob when it comes to strategies for insects?

Great chapter.
DapperCrapper chapter 9 . 7/13
Grandpa and Ino? Oh, Shino... I feel so bad for him already. I can just imagine the mess that old man will start. I can't wait!
G. Spica chapter 1 . 7/8
Let Shino be Shino..i'm really enjoying this
Indigo Yamanaka chapter 8 . 7/8
OH-HO!So close yet so far.I would tie them up until they did it. Anyway, I hope Shino didn't see Kiba and Ino together afterwards. That could be a very sticky chapter.
Rylee Wyatt chapter 8 . 7/8
This is so cute, I love it! 3
DapperCrapper chapter 8 . 7/8
Oh man! Now this is a great way to start the morning. I was giggling so hard through this! I can't wait for the next chapter.

Hasta pasta!
NilithDelirium chapter 6 . 7/2
Jajajajajaja ABOUT THE SEX. I'm dying. xD

Okay, this was a very funny and active chapter, and I'm really impressed at how quickly you are updating! Thank u a lot, really.

As much as I like Shino, he's approach of seeming the best male around seems rather flawed, specially with a mindwalker. But, nonetheless, I'm cheering for his success and I hope that one day Ino will laugh at him when he tells her about his master plan to get into her heart. xD

Also, Shino's jutsu so peculiar to me. Like, how the insects are living inside his body? It seems rather unhealthy with them outside and then going in. Also, how they go in and out so easily? From where? And if they tracto to Shino's emotion (in cannon, they also do that), what the F is going to happen when Shino and Ino do it? xD

As always, it's a pleasure reading your story.
NilithDelirium chapter 5 . 6/28
Jajaja Poor Shino! I totally understand, because my family is crazy like that, and when we make a reunion, it's mayhem! And we don't even have telepathy, so, yeah, Shino is the real hero here for going through that like a champion. Jajaja

Also, now that Shino's feelings are on the table, Ino is going to have to make some move on her own and that is definitely going to be fun. However, when she goes to Shino's jounin thing, I bet Kiba is going to annoy the hell of them because of that, and I'm eager to read about that too. I'm a low key Ino/Kiba shipper, just because they would be at each other's throats all the time!

Oh! And this is just my supposition, but I believe Inoichi MUST be aware of everything, if even Ino's cousin is. If he knows and still wants Shino and his daughter spending time together, that makes me really curious.

Thank you for writing such a funny chapter!

YellowShoes chapter 5 . 6/27
That's it! This goes into my favorites! :)
DapperCrapper chapter 5 . 6/27
Just read this from beginning to end and I like it! After ShikaHina, ShinoIno is my favorite crack pairing. Can't wait for the next installment!