Reviews for One Night
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
In spite of other reviewers, this story drew me in.

I noticed you have a lot of spelling errors, particularly with the word 'threw', which should be 'through', in almost every place that can be found. Typos I caught were 'read', which should be 'ready', and 'braches', which should be spelled 'branches' (these typos only appeared once in this story). 'BagEnd' needs to have a space between 'Bag' and 'End', since this is the place name for the hobbit-hole. Hyphen errors I caught were 'half awake', which needs a hyphen between the two words'. I'm sure I missed an error, maybe two or more, but hopefully you'll be able to find them, in case you ever decide to proofread this story.

As for the story itself, I thought this was fairly well-written. I could see in my mind at times where Frodo and his friends were, as they traveled with Strider, or Aragorn, from the Midgewater Marshes to the Trollshaws. You're doing fine with the details and your spelling wasn't as horrid as some other reviewers led you to believe. Still, there were some grammatical errors that need to be addressed.

This was a nice effort. You did a good job. Just remember to keep writing. Writing, like all other crafts, takes time, patience with ideas, and practice.

-Aria Breuer
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Your spelling is terrible.
dentalfloss chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Overall a very neat, well written story. I especially liked the descriptions of the hobbits- emotion vs. action. However, one small thing was driving me nuts: 'threw' (that spelling) is the past tense of 'to throw,' i.e. 'I threw the ball to my cousin.' the one you are looking for is 'through,' as in 'The chain passed through the ring.' Just a consideration. Happy writing!
nazgul mother chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Nazgul! You bad boys! You are going to get a spanking now!
Mrs. Knightley chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
nicely written, Thanks for sharing!
Drew Marigold chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
Nicely done. It was interesting to see part of the events through Sam's eyes. The descriptions are very clear. Kudos!

Keep writing,

zorra chapter 1 . 10/26/2002
Nice recape of the story. :)