Reviews for A Woman Well-Reputed
trontroy chapter 4 . 9/29/2017
I truly enjoyed this. I felt that the story described Mary's relationships with Charles, Evelyn and Matthew really well.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/24/2014
I heartily enjoyed this story. From a writing standpoint, I admire your attention to detail in evoking the time period. The characters were fleshed out, and I especially appreciated your treatment of Evelyn and Virginia. You seem to understand Mary so well in all her faults and virtues. If Julian Fellows gives Charles Blake the short end of the stick (*crossing fingers that he won't!*), I will remember this story fondly. Thank you for sharing this-I'm so glad you wrote it instead of an essay!
Tonnocal chapter 4 . 7/26/2014
lovely, really lovely.
Sweet Dreams Cafe chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
Wow! This is written brilliantly- both the dialogue and the narration are very Fellowes-esque. You obviously put a lot of work into this and it's marvelous.
JB chapter 3 . 7/16/2014
The shooting scene reminds me that there was an exclusive club in northern Wisconsin in the 1920's devoted to members only from the upper echelon of Chicago Society where they could shoot, swim and meet. At one point the members dammed a small stream to create the lake which flooded some local's property and led to some tension. Later, the dam burst and the resulting flood did not endear the members to the locals.
Jean chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
Well written dialog! Not always easy to do.
PaperbackWriter chapter 4 . 6/24/2014
WHOA, NELLY! This was excellent. I was hooked and am pretty devastated that it ended.

Please write more things that are so carefully thought-out and realized. They are a pleasure.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
Wow! Your story is amazing! I cant wait to read more! I really feel like you got Mary's character ;)
Sunflowerrei chapter 4 . 6/21/2014
I don't know if you intend to continue on with this, but I'm going to need an update. Seriously. This was brilliant.
Circa1910 chapter 4 . 6/20/2014
Loved the story. I liked meeting the people who gathered for the weekend. What a mixed bag. Those house parties were not for the meek. I am already imagining Mary with Charles. Going to meet the relatives in Ireland is a perfect part of a logical plot. Thank you for the notes and poetry at the end. Neatly done. Now I understand that Virginia and Evelyn are the parallel story. All about what brings people together and why Mary and Evelyn were never a possibility. I'm cheering Charles on and I hope that Uncle Julian does not disappoint me. Charles has purpose. He is the opposite of stuffy. Mary respects that. Gillingham has bags of charm but no current purpose other than chasing our Mary.
ZoeyBridget chapter 4 . 6/20/2014
I was anxious for this chapter, and it did not disappoint! Just wonderful. I would love to read a continuation of it - I really enjoyed Virginia as a character, and would be very interested in how she and Evelyn get on. And Mary and Charles, of course - I think your analysis of the differences in Mary's relationships with each of the three men (well, four, including Matthew) are dead on. And yes...that conversation between Evelyn and Mary would be fascinating, as would the Charles/Evelyn discussion you mention. Anyway, I thought this was great, and I hope there will be more!
charmedfanlover chapter 3 . 6/6/2014
Keep writing. I am enjoying this. I am still a Matthew/Mary fan but this is fresh for me. Good job
rc chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
Well explained reasons for your view greatly interesting and appreciated.
Atomix330 chapter 3 . 5/29/2014
Excellent update. One thing though, you mention that Evelyn transferred to the "Ministry of Finance" - if you would like to be more accurate it should be either the Treasury (if we are talking money) or Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries (more suited to farming). There is no such thing as a "Ministry of Finance" in Britain.
ultimategingepond chapter 3 . 5/29/2014
I adored the conversation between Mary and Virginia, seeing them finally lay eveyrthing out flat. I honestly felt relief hit me and the proclamation to be allies made me chuckle.

The moment of Virginia helping Evelyn, it warme dmy heart and I am so glad you included it. In the show I hate how we never see the after effects of what the war did to these men. You write it with such heart ache and I can imagine it so clearly.

Thank you again for another amazing chapter. I am off to wave my Mary/Charles flag in your corner.