Reviews for When the lily blooms twice
I'm rather curious weather or not the stairs to the girl dorms will let her through... :P
uwishuwerecool chapter 6 . 11/12/2014
loved story pls write more
Ace Trainer Jessie chapter 6 . 10/27/2014
ok. first. great story. it's hard to write a story like this any try not to over do it. it shows how in a simple way. that children know what they are inside. of course i'm sure soon. we will see the hurtful ways of children as well. i like how it's funny but it feels like a smart funny. if that makes sense. anyways. it dosn't feel rushed. great job.
Never Morrison chapter 6 . 7/14/2014
I stumbled across this story because it was on the favorites page of Branchwraith's profile. I'll admit, even with the interesting summary, I only decided to read it because it was short enough that I'd be able to get it out of the way quickly if it wasn't enjoyable. Shame on me! What a wonderful story! I'm absolutely loving it so far, though of course, I wish it was longer. Then again, with well loved stories, a million words spread across a hundred chapters will end up feeling too short. Can't wait for the next chapter!
charm13insomnia chapter 6 . 7/3/2014
brill just great can't wait for the next chapter
Penny is wise chapter 6 . 7/2/2014
Awesome chapter.
Katzztar chapter 4 . 7/1/2014
Well the capitalization was better -far better- than it has been in the first 3 chapters.

That said, lets get to the fun stuff. I'm happy Snape accepted Harlowe so easily ..here's hoping he helps her further shock the Wizarding World by helping her change her name officially and by wizarding law, from Harry to Harlowe.

He may be wrong about her going to Gryffindor. While she may be 'as lionhearted as her mother', I remember a certain song from the hat that commented on how Slytherins will do things to get their way. Harlowe's desire to be a girl and 'her' magic preventing puberty-driven growth of masculine traits could fit into that. But then there is her love of books here where Snape had to drag her out of the book story -literally. SO its looking like HArlowe can end up with the Lions, Snakes or Ravens at this point/
Katzztar chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
I like this, its interesting that instead of cross-dressing because he wanted to hide, or get angry at Dumbledore for bringing him back to Privet Dr. Harry was thankful to Dumbledore for rescuing Harry from an unknown location where he had no food or shelter. Of course older people may have complained of the 'cruel Dumbles' to always bring Harry back to a place where he (Dumbles) knows the kid isn't wanted. But the fact is the really young Harry didn't see it that way, but as rescuing him from an uncertain fate.

One big and consistent mistake made through out this chapter is the lack of capitalizing the names of people, places and things. Those are always capitalized. Harry, Petunia, Privet Dr. ect all should be capitalized.
What's worse is the inconsistency of using capitols in the names. I've seen "harry James potter", 'lily Evans" and "James potter" in the last sentence alone.
23BlackRose chapter 6 . 7/1/2014
This fic, is great. Totally great. It makes me laugh each time, when it comes to people's reactions. I'm actually surprised that Dumbledore didn't have a heart attack. I can't wait for you to update again. I get so excited when I see an email for this fic in my inbox. Thank you for writing this wonderful idea!
geetac chapter 6 . 7/1/2014
I like the chapter
Ishin Na'telleth chapter 5 . 6/23/2014
Okay, so far pretty funny. I am really interested in how Hogwarts reacts to Harlowe.
Twiggy-Hoyden chapter 5 . 6/18/2014
Interesting story. The name is a little odd, hard to picture youths using, or picking. But that could be bexause i cant really hear it when reading it.

Looking forwards to seeing what happens next.
jamnaz79 chapter 5 . 6/17/2014
Good story so far. I wonder if his magic will turn him into a true girl. Or if there is a ritual for it. I am sure there has to be some blood ritual around for it.
Shadowsmage chapter 5 . 6/15/2014
fun story, keep it coming
Man of Constant Sorrow chapter 5 . 6/15/2014
This story just keeps getting better and better.

I keep smiling at how everyone is oblivious to his actual gender and identity. Its understandable really, I've seen some transgender/crossdressers on tv that if I didn't already know they were male, I would never question they are female.

Its both devious and understandable that Snape did not suggest he go back to his original appearance and gender role, he like Petunia sees so much of Lily in his appearance that he will hold on to that connection. The devious part is that he's going to let it be a huge surprise to everyone when the hat calls out Harry and "she" walks forward in full girls uniform to boot XD.

The reactions of the key figures could go one of two ways.
Dumbledore: a.) He could just leave Harlowe be, as long as he can fulfill the prophecy he doesn't care, plus given his own preference for men, he would be a hypocrit to condemn him for his lifestyle. b.) He needs Harry to be a symbol for the light and Harry's appearance will ruin that heroic image and have him labeled as a pervert/deviant/queer and a laughing stock.

McGonagall a.) Given her age, and being very proper and set in her ways she will see his crossdressing as some sort of stunt and an insult to his parents memories needs to cut it out and act normal, and will be a total condemning b*tch at every turn. b.) She gets the whole story of why he is the way he is from Snape and while she doesn't totally approve she understands why and eventually comes to accept him.

I look forward to the inevitable staff meeting that will be called sorting to discuss Harry/Harlowe.

I imagine Ron will yell something along the line of "why the heck would you want to be a girl!?" He t still hinks they have cooties or as brit kids call it the lurgy.

Seamus will probably ask harlowe if he lost a bet.

The older years are going to be very mean, likely calling him a poof/poofter/faggot /queer and unfortunately monkey see monkey do, the younger years will follow their lead.

It will be funny to see Ginnys BOY who lived fantasies crash and burn, hopefully it will kill that hero worship, and she can atleast be his friend.

The girls by and large will be just as mean, calling him a pervert, especially if he wanted to room in their dorms, especially if he duped them on the train (trading makeup tips/hair)

I am so looking forward to the next chapter.

As always thanks so much for sharing, I eagerly await your next.